Clan Lur

Maiyun

6bXbn91v8_GZR2_Vx7NQpSe_moBAJ9SsYDwpweEg0EmW0cKaXnN1CFqRPpmeUn-ILGlWzyZdKLjVQcCZo_yHzH4LgBt6oVXlhWMqD0CFs23w7Doat75cL4X-qV4v9TxSKmG4bh9N

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

I swear that I will ride like the wind, hunt like the wolf and kill like my ancestors before me. My weapon belongs to Lur, my body belongs to Lur, my life belongs to Lur. I am loyal above all to Lur, I will die for Lur. I forsake my land, wealth and glory, all that is mine belongs to my clan.

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Lore 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

The Lur Clan was formed by Lur, one of the four sons of Krug. The clan has a long history in Orcish culture, standing itself alongside the Gorkil and Azog clans as some of the longest in existence. 

The Lurs are not footmen, they are hunters. The hunt is the most important thing for a Lur. To prove themselves in the hunt is what all young Lurs wish to do. The Lurs have a bond to The Great Lur wolves, huge intelligent beasts that only obey the Lur clan. Along with hunting, Lurs are master beast tamers, whether it be a simple canine being or even the scaddernak.

Trained as a kub to take advantage of the nature that Freygoth provides them, they spend countless hours living among the beasts of the lands. Taming and using these beasts come with great skill, only a select few Lurs are able to master this talent. Along with beast-taming, there are many other skills that Lurs tend to take up. Every Lur strives to perfect the hunt and to rise. They have a strict code of conduct and believe in honor above all. Lurs are usually smaller than other Orcs, but they make up for it by being much quicker and more agile.

When a Lur or their Wolf are killed in the hunt or in battle, their bodies are brought to their ancestral lands and then burnt. Their ashes go to the wind and will always ride in the wind. The Lur believe that when they die they go to a great plains of the spirit realm where they will hunt with Lur for all eternity. 

7LOiGpqQNCLSP-QBiF0RHkZUb5-gON27ydET5DFnOz79Tzdu1s1OngETWzPBPkUdT9-GdrnoUBLXbyBLG1wQddUiTNq0CqZj4CzzEI3W4xvrXVLd9LWjj015QB9obF0GCZiCN_I3

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Traditions 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

The Trial of the Hunt: Should a Lur or anyone else under Lur rule break a code or do an act against the Lur clan, then they shall be trialed by hunt. The rule breaker will be armed and set out into the night by themselves with their wolf detained. The rest of the clan will spend time preparing for the hunt that is about to begin. Once they are ready, they set out to hunt down the accused in hopes to find them, and slay them; Being treated as an animal or other worthy beast. However should they be caught, they will serve as a sacrifice to Votar, as he chose to bless the hunters more than that hunted. Although if they survive, their crimes shall be vanquished as the spirit of Votar has been pleased with their performance.

Coming of Age: When Lurs reach the age of 9 years they are introduced to a Lur wolf cub. The Lur and its wolf are sent to the wilds to survive. This is to prove that the time of weakness is over, they are no longer prey, it is time to be strong, to be the hunter. The wolf cub and the Lur are bound together not only as rider and mount but as brothers, elder Lurs have grown so close to their wolves they can hear each other's thoughts. Once a Lur wolf dies, a Lur shall never tame one again, as an act of respect for failing these beasts. However shall the orc die, the Lur wolf will be slain, and laid to rest with the orc.

Popular spirits that are worshipped among the Lur Clan are Votar, the Spirit of the Hunt and Freygoth, the Spirit of Nature. 

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Hierarchy 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

Wargoth

The head of clan Lur

Chieftains

Seconds in command

Elders

Former Wargoths and Chieftains who act as advisors

Hunters

Members who have passed their trials

Scouts

Those who have yet to perform their trials

V9OZ0ajtEDy0eDmF0U6tvM83GrbxdcSWKRrzFDjdQzNZ-yOg7Tkd-YZ-d9SnqCZog_gLOITP49bu94yITuVna6-nGFikUYUq-5Ns4qDdalJAdQ0kGFUfbA8-wAI8a6duGEuSfOvI

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Code 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

Only when in great need will a Lur hunt the weak. 

There is no honour in hunting and killing something that presents no challenge to hunt and kill.

A Lur will always seek strong prey, as the prize is greater and he becomes stronger in doing so. 

They are never to hurt or kill another Lur outside of an honour duel.

Obey the leader of the hunt (Wargoth of the Lur clan) with no hesitation. They were chosen by the elders and by Lur himself. 

Only Elders and Chieftains may challenge for Wargoth, and it must be done with the support of the Hunters who will have to live under their ruling.

Furthermore, Lurs should never try to take the position of another Lur for your own personal gain. The Clan always comes first. 

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Bloodlines 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

The Fist Bloodline: The Fist are usually the most calm and cold of the Lur bloodlines, they think that physical strength is the purest weapon that a warrior can use. They descend from Tor, the Fist of Lur. The sons of Tor will go to extreme measures to get stronger and stronger.

The Trickster Bloodline: The trickster descends from the Trickster of Lur. They are the most diplomatic and the best at convincing others to do what they want, The Tricksters sons are many times goblins for their founder was goblin. They are often considered to be some of the smartest Orcs arounds.

The Wolf Bloodline: The most savage and wild of bloodlines but also the most loyal and trustworthy. The wolves descend from Kurak the Wolf of Lur.They are the biggest of the Lurs and their preferred weapons are metal claws that let them act as savage as they want. They also have a closer bond to their wolves than other Lurs.

The Axe Bloodline: Primarily known as the most stubborn and rash of all Lurs, they are strong and powerful and put honour above all other things. They think of themselves as an always improving warrior. They descend from Bralkor the Axe of Lur.

The Sword of Lur: This bloodline is the most agile of all Lurs and some of the quickest as well, they enjoy riding as fast as they can and they descend from Jarkan the Sword of Lur.

VNjE-z_zlxFmrcCVwTG1KWy3z4kyenxDfgJmXUdQO11uRQXBApdqa8-mWRAZ_zHeqTs3Fm1KtzW1NQrcwneNp2xzMqzJughTmfbKWA85c_pfZHqVeBlDhT0OIqY9XxPm4b0WhNud

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Trials 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

Trial One: A hunt of equivalent value to be determined by the Wargoth. More ambitious uruks may receive a more challenging trial should they wish to prove themselves and earn favor within the clan. The spoils of their trial will be hung on the Wall of Hunts. 

Trial Two: Trial by Hunt! Having passed trial one, the Scout is now tossed into the wilderness with only their wits and their lur wolf, and must spend the entire night hunted by two Hunters. Should they survive, they will pass and move to the next trial. Should they fail, they are forced to wait a year to improve their skills until they can demand to try again. It should be noted that if the Scout is not of Bloodline and therefore has no Lur Wolf, the same rules apply, except the Hunters will not use their wolves. 

Trial Three: A good hunter is also a good leader. For their third trial, the scout must lead a hunt of their own with at least 3 of their brethren to success. Once the kills have been brought back, the entire clan will cook and feast upon the spoils, and the Scout will take the Lur Vow to become an official Hunter!

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Allies 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

Clan Ka’zul. 

A sub-clan of Lur headed by Dominus Durak Ka’zul. They were trialed by Yarrow’Lur and found to be worthy, and appear to be quickly heading towards full Clan recognition. 

оО〇・-・〇Оо・-・оО〇 Related Posts 〇Оо・-・оО〇・-・〇Оо

History: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/91112-history-of-the-lur-clan/

Lur’s Story: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/37850-story-of-lur

uGSrrHeiUmv_nDGbsJQlIm02Wq4Ug1LAz2rCdX62iaKnvrN-BoePNzBRjEKYcgzNZNxCxLLN7tOJ8lByPl5uwS2UnQ545Uw6NRA9vpFaVA4rfH8Ep5HX2-6gb48BIKmimJFxFWgk

Those interested should contact Maiyun [Yarrow’Lur] or EndCallCaesar [Kaluz’Lur]

Edited by Maiyun
Touching things up