THE CALL OF HOLY DIET | 1802, 355 ES

drowknows

THE CALL OF HOLY DIET

1802, 355 ES

d6418a832a62aa4a5f9b62c61c2dc1d3.jpg

Cardinalis Pelagius Albarosa-de Santiago, sits himself at his desk, thinking to himself, “With the ascension of the new Pontiff, I might as well hold a holy meeting, hm?”. After the Cardinal’s appointment, a fond addiction of Hyspian Tequila has been ever so more growing, “Converso, dame un vaso de tequila!” like a true Santegian, he calls for one of his wood elf servants to pour a glass of the fine Añejo. Taking a sip he picks up his pen, writing a letter for the newly enthroned Pontiff; Owyn II. 

To his Holiest, his Eminence, Owyn III. As my first act as Cardinal of Albarosa; I request of you & petition of you to call a Diet amongst our Clergymen, being held by myself, Pelagius Cardinalis Albarosa, preferably during the Grand Harvest of 1802.

To all of the Canonist Clergymen of the realm of Almaris, I request of you to attend this Diet. What is to be discussed in this holy meeting will be our strategy to maintain neutrality, how we can increase our cultural relevance & political involvement in local governments.

As per the First Golden Bull of Albarosa, I petition the Pontifex Maximus to sanction the convention of this Diet of Bishops.

All Priests, Bishops, & Cardinals are invited.

THE GRAND HARVEST OF 1802

((SATURDAY, 5PM EST))

93SxcKT1ldkJj5j_uFMI5N-7EX9sOqyVexeNaEuDp7O4KONok_vnv40U_rAxGUCJJ9zEL6MyYOOwH-rG1DjrVFkSkBgFYJ1FG0iWSiWrri6BqsaJbpfQfmz1Ro23fsCN45AxRPZF

MISSIVE FROM THE HIGH PONTIFICATE OF OWYN III

To my esteemed Princeps-Archiepiscopus,

Sanctitas Pontifex Maximus Owyn III sanctions this call for this Diet, henceforth known as 'The First Diet of Albarosa', to be held in the Karosgrad Basilica on ((Saturday 5PM EST)). All Bishops, Archbishops & Curia Members shall be allowed to vote, while the rest of the clergy are allowed to partake. 

TE DEUM.

GODANI JEST WIELKI 

PONTIFEX MAXIMUS 

OWYN III

The Benedict Dossier:

Reflections for the Call of the Bishop's Diet, Karosgrad

18th of Jula ag Piov, 355 ES

Brethren in faith,

It is my misfortune that I am unable to attend this convocation to discuss the very real and important questions for the life of our Holy Canonist Church in the turn of a new century. However, I would be remiss if I did not share my thoughts on the matter at hand— “maintaining neutrality and increasing cultural relevance.” Our Church continues to navigate an unknown human order, whereby the human demesne is now distributed among many princes. The Holy Law Codex of the late James II purports this new reality. Our first obligation as shepherds of the flock is to advance the unity of God and the harmony of man. We are reminded in the Scroll of Gospel when Exalted Owyn ordained the Heads of our Faith to steward the virtues of our Exalted Horen, the precepts of our baptism. 

I believe that in order to defend the unity of God and the harmony of man, it is fitting to convey these guidelines: 

Renewal of piety. Pursuant to the first golden bull of Albarosa, it is my recommendation that to become more culturally attentive to the diocesan communities is a priority that we have been entrusted to oversee. While we are appointed to minister in all corners of Almaris, our objective still remains: to profess the one, true, Creator made known to creation by virtue of His four prophets. In doing so, we can respond to the needs of the laity through their cultural identities. One of the greatest patrimonies of our faith is the communion of saints, vested models of holiness and virtue from throughout various lands and through the temporality of history. We must encourage saintly devotions in our worship, make consistent schedules of religious observance, enrich the rites of our ancient Church with the charisms respective to each region, and implore the seven virtues as not mere abstract ideas but as expressions of the real love of God.

All men are brothers. This should be the guiding epitaph of our ministry. We must work to strengthen the relationship between the servants of God and the people of our faith, whose souls we are obliged to save. I dub this relationship a “ministerial harmony,” or the conciliatory and trustworthy dynamics between God and His representatives. We must encourage our people to withdraw from the world, to be open to God’s mercy, and to teach the expression of God’s love as virtuous action. A reinvigoration of charity, a renewal of confession, and an increase of vocations to religious life. Many of our flock may still have misgivings about their Church or the strength of their faith. Indeed, we must cleanse this Church from within, eliminating the tarnished and ambitious whims of malicious clergy. 

Education. The state university system has become a burgeoning and promising institutional development in the life of our society. More and more, students flock to the schoolhouses and to learn trades. The Church must become more adaptable to the people by providing retreats and opening the doors to draw them in. The University of Saint Sixtus IV in the Holy Palatinate provided an important medium to train our priests. Perhaps equally important is our ability to open theological education to the lay faithful so as to equip them to defend our Church. A standard curriculum of the Canonist theology must be agreed to by our esteemed clergy. I, as Secretariat to the High Pontiff, pursuant to the responsibilities listed by my office, am dedicated to chairing a commission to further develop a syllabus. Education is the service which transcends ourselves and challenges us to invest our knowledge to the betterment of a future posterity. 

Interfaith dialogue. Many of my colleagues may have mixed feelings about engaging in interfaith dialogue. However, in my years as a monastic and as a former Lord Palatine of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, it has been my utmost belief that a continued and sustained dialogue is important for the growth of any institution. I posit that the Holy Church must not continue to ignore its standing among other races and beliefs. We are held as the moral standard of humanity, inheritors of an eternal truth inseparable to our existence. Our ideas must withstand the volleys of attacks, the challenge of secularism, the depravity of immortality, and be rational against beliefs contrary of our own. Moreso, our actions must speak for who we are. 

May the intercession of High Pontiff Saints Daniel I and Sixtus IV be a source of sagacity, theological inspiration, and a strengthening of the mind.

With fidelity and love,

Fr. Benedict of Karosgrad, O.W.F.

Archbishop of Jorenus, Titular Bishop of Kalden

emV269DlkA1gGggr9kYzbw0XDQItjvIioz6FHLU5j7XdPxJ2ka9I1dJlzBNqymhT8RWyfveqodK3VohcjhyU4LkjUCRrRZnrDXX5Uw1vv4ZJ9OLJfDLm7pQ-DmzT3fPjPfjl6Ykb