WHAT HAPPENED ON THAT FATEFUL NIGHT

ydegirl

qs2aLzU0WN2gvO1EoGWRXUh3CTj0hDRNvuVydITKtDaKMZb6gvwU4yaACfSwLgYRqsYd5j0MI2AZyVWeqAeTHpuCYf0fHcNczp8oq_F63nqARX6Si-wYqXcEtXsqVFujER_Max3j

The Crazed Count, c. 1800

The Protest had started in Providence; I hadn’t joined in yet, merely watching from afar. They screamed for the High Pontiff’s removal, handing out signs and holding them with pride. A woman gave a speech, along with a few cardinals.

‘He’s in Haense!’ a man shouted, and, soon after that, they marched onwards to Haense. I joined them, for I knew the church would soon fall into corruption under the Pruvian Bastard. We entered the City of Crows, we quickly found our way to the basilica. Shouting and screaming ensued- chants such as  “Hey Hey Ho Ho the Pontiff has got to go!”, “Owyn III is absurd!” along with many more began. I noticed my Daughter, Cosette, in the crowd, frantically looking around for safety. I beckoned her over to me, whispering to her and telling her to go somewhere quieter.

A few people had stormed the Basilica, how I do not know. But, I stepped off to check on my daughter, she was around a boy and a few palace officials, the only one I recognized being the Queen-Consort, Isabel of Valwyck.

My own father had tried to kill me.

We’d thought as if he’d passed, disappeared, or left. He appeared from nowhere- shouting in the square of Karosgrad for his ‘***** of a daughter’. When he eventually found me, he lunged at me, strangling me, bashing my head against a pole, and finally stabbing me. The crazed count was only stopped by a handful of people, some random, and some I knew. He was a staunch supporter of High Pontiff Owyn III (also known as Laurence ‘Pruvia-Albarosa’). 

I remember vividly that my father had called me slurs, names, and more, but what stood out to me was that he screamed in support of the Pontiff. 

A protest, starting out peaceful which quickly turned into an attempt on my life. If one supporter of the Pontiff was willing to take his own daughter’s life, merely for opposing the Pontiff, whos to say the rest of them won’t?

Theodora Angelica,

Countess of Leuven

Cosette has the missive read to her from her new quarters within the Haenseni Palace. The you de Falstaff's brows furrow at the commotion, not being entirely sure what was going on in the moment. The only things she remembers are her mother being injured and her friend comforting her. The youth is now indifferent to her Helvetii side, not knowing what to feel about all of the stories and events she has seen..

"How horrible! The Helvetii has gone mad! Truly a tragic time." Butler Alfred Worthpenny  prayed loudly for countess de Falstaff for her fast recovery.

"But I don't want to fight him sir. Leopold is my brother." he said to Rovin, looking between his brother's trainer and Leopold himself; his brother the spitting image of their father. Brown hair and blue eyes, yet he had always resembled their mother with hair as fair as the snow at sunset. They stood in the streets of the Golden City, Ves was empty in those nights. His brother was their father's favorite always unflinching in sought approval, much older by several seasons while Richard sauntered the Markets and the fields outside the city. When he was but a tot their mother would buy him sweets, though he couldn't very well remember much of her now save what she would do. He was the black sheep, weaker than his brothers though many did not themselves survive the crib. So why him?

"What are you, some kind of sissy boy? I said fight damn you!" Rovin spoke louder, hollering at the two boys; small Richard, and dutiful Leopold. One responded in kind, and so the elder brother with his father in his eyes marched forward. He charged at his frail brother with a wisp of hesitation yet he did not falter all the same. Leopold was to be his father's soldier, so how could he not? "I don't want to fight!" he said again as his brother charged like a bull, flattening him to the ground, a mere boy of six, tears rolling down his cheek as he shook his head. Yet Leopold continued on all the same; going easy though the younger Prince would never know, for all he saw was what he felt to be true.

His brother assailed him with shot after shot, pinned down to the cobbles as Sir Rovin watched approvingly from afar; his pupil was applying what he had taught and in good order. Yet for Richard something broke, as it would many times in the future. He was not a violent boy, but something broke inside. "Leave ME ALONE." he screamed, he had enough, and so the boy became like a cornered animal. He pushed and shoved, hooved with all his meager strength against his brother. It was only when he started to bite and scratch that he gained progress, with one swift ascent he bit down on one of his brother's balled fists and used both his hands shoving his fingers into his brothers eyes. A surprising savagery that gave him opportunity to turn the tables. With it he tumbled over his brother and their positions changed with his brother beneath him then as he sat on his chest.

"Alright stop it now you little rat" spoke Rovin moving over to wave the two of them off.

But Richard did not stop, with his paltry fists balled he continued through beating down upon Leopold as he had done so to him. He could not think, he was filled with nothing, he gave nothing but the tears running down his cheek and the slow bruising that now began to blister the face of his dutiful brother. It took their Knightly overseer himself to finally dislodge him, for it is hard to bite steel plate without your own teeth falling out, but by then the damage was done.

Edited by osumanduas