Her Last Feather (PK of Marcella Avern-Barclay)

Her Last Feather

PK of  Marcella Avern-Barclay

R9pGcwQaLo0cuK5qLihvpMvE95G2HMjIBRM3TjHf8kHBbMfXNwZ4x9WgHvzj6pfYtfOQvidBioG7N9puXmgYHKNJIulee56HT8c_bolPGor5NQhgg4VCgF9-q0Z9rMSV96tiV6VN

Born in 1688, Marcella Baruch was the daughter of Richard Baruch and an unnamed woman from Curon. Her father was a known necromancer in his past and the woman was unknown but to a select few. However, under the custody of her father, he aimed to improve upon his ways and took up an alchemist stand within the city of Sutica. When Marcella was just shy of one her father was arrested and executed for his past crimes, abandoning her in the basement of Richard’s shop. Her adoptive brother Hiren had found her some time later and brought her to her first mother, Serenity Avern, who took her in to raise her in her youth. While Serenity was not present most of her life, her sister Mayan was and would later adopt Marcella as her own.
     Marcella’s childhood was rather uneventful upon relocation to Carouldstadt of Renatus. While there many Averns took part in the clinic affairs as surgeons and practitioners. While there Marcella had begun to learn some basic medical skills however not proceed further than that. Some time later, the family returned to Sutica for the remainder of her childhood into her early adult years. While living there Marcella met the man that would later become her husband, Wilheim Barclay. The Averns did not approve of the Haenseman, but Marcella took this as her strike towards independence and began to spend more and more time in Haenseti-Ruska. This later proved to be fruitful to serve as the starting point for the soon to become Barony of Freising. As the house was founded, Wilheim grew in the ranks of the army and received his knighthood as the Stallion. Both Marcella and her husband became Aldermen and later had two children, Klara and Erwin.

While Klara and Erwin were young they were able to spend time with Mayan, though as they grew up, Klara went on her own travels and Erwin stayed close to home to follow his father’s footsteps. All the while, Marcella did her best to support Erwin in his ventures, which proved fruitful as he later became a Duke and Lord Marshal to set the tone for many generations to come.

Soon after Wilheim’s passing, Marcella’s life began to slow, taken by an alcohol and smoking addiction, she retired from being an Alderman to spend the next decade with Wilheim until his death. At this point she moved to improve her health to spend as much of her time as she could with her son and his children, Manfred and Brandt. It has been up to this point that Marcella was able to meet her life goal, a happy family that is successful.

It has been at this point that Marcella spent her final moments in Oren with Mayan… After she decided to pay a last visit with her, the journey proved to be too much as not long after she had a heart attack. Her final breaths were in Mayan’s home after a long day. With Mayan she left her final will and testament for her family and close friends. Belongings will be distributed upon arrival of the vault supplies of Arcas. Marcella passed at 1736 on the 13th of Sun’s Smile at the age of 114.

9jIVXqSJDySHlJ5vao5q86zvC9x9oN2WtrSBho2QYnjI10xfalPwv1YEB2pbl_eU_rd9w24E4KGs6q2513-gaZ4N-m7g0SqrwJBByubb4Ag_ge4BtXTw0W8QE221puTK-_XiWRv8

Marcella’s Final letter:

To my dearest children,

I am sad that I have not been able to see either of you in my final moments, but I cannot say how proud I am in the two of you. Take your time and enjoy life, it is not for forever. I will be waiting for you up in Godan’s skies so enjoy life while you have it. I will wait with your father until you are ready.

To Manfred,

I wish to leave you my staff. It was acquired by my father long ago and has served me well over the years. Take good care of it sweetheart, for it contains the soul of another and you may learn how best to speak with him. He brought much joy to your father in hitting people with it, and I hope you are able to keep it in the family for the foreseeable future.

To Brandt,

I wish to leave you my Karin, Idred. She can be a bit of a grump, but she has been a wonderful companion since Wilheim passed. If you ever have any questions on caring for her reach out to Mayan. She can provide guidance better than any.

To Luisa,
     Dear, I wish I could have spent more time with you and your brothers  but you have grown up well and have a family of your own. Cherish them. To you I leave my wedding rings. They were made by Hekkaes Goldhand for Wilheim and I. They were once magic with a blood bond though it has long since faded. Keep them close because even the smallest things in life can matter most.

To the Barclay Family,
     It has been truly a dream of mine to have such a wonderful family. Thank you all for the laughs and smiles over the years and I hope I was able to give you just as many as you gave me. I love you all dearly.

Finally, Mayan,
     I can’t express how much you mean to me, haleun. I know soon I will visit and it likely will be my last, but I know you gave me nothing but the best. I wish I could have done more for you over my life and we had our issues. If nothing else, I hope I was able to bring pride to you. Look after my grandchildren please. I know my passing will be hard on them but more so on you. You can talk to them, I know they would want to and see you just as much as family as I do. I love you so very much and don’t ever forget that.

With love,

Marcella Avern-Barclay

[OOC] It has been wonderful rping with everyone on this persona and I’ve taken up her grandchild Marie so things won’t come to a halt regarding that. Thank you all so much for being part of Marcy and her legacy.

Wilheim Barclay stared forth from a hilltop within the Seven Skies, holding a book in his hand, and a sword in the other. It had been a long time he had seen Marcella. He had been waiting for decades for her to join her. As Marcella approached, the man would smile, extending his arms to his elder wife. He looked young, just like Marcella. "I had told you, that your baptism would save your soul." would be the first of many words they would utter to each other, in their eternal bliss in the Seven Skies. Wilheim felt St. Tylos watch both of them, and hoped that Tylos was also having a good time in the Fifth Sky, for he had missed his companion in the wars.

Osvald signs the Lorraine, upon hearing the passing of Marcella. He would form a small smile for her, looking outside of a window in his chambers within their Duchy. "It was time that you met your husband. I enjoyed your presence in our family. Rest now." 

Friedrich Barclay cradled his daughter as he heard the news. "You're aunt's namesake has passed on now, little Emelia." Hearing babbling from Emelia, he set her down to rest. "Ich hope you find peace in the seven skies, Marcella." He signed the Lorraine as he sat by watching over his daughter.

Luisa receives her grandmother's final letter, reviewing it quietly. She sniffles lightly, holding the small slip of parchment to her heart at that. 

"...Oh Grossmutter..."

Now she needed to find those precious rings, if Marcella cherished them so.

Erwin Barclay learns of his mother's death from his home in Kalden. "I wish I could've been by your side when it happened. Go in peace mother, you'll be reunited with father soon enough." he murmurs quietly before offering up a prayer to St. Tylos.

A few tears welled in Isabella Barclay's eyes as the news reached her. "She lives on inside of you, her namesake," she mused to her daughter. "Make her proud," she instructed before peering towards her husband, offering him an embrace as tears began to fall down her cheeks. "She lived a good, long life," she assured both herself and her family with whom she mourned.

@Zaerie

@Coolcod77

"Farewell, Lady Barclay. My condolences to the family of House Barclay and the people of Reinmar." The old Baron of Astfield would say upon hearing the death of Marcella Barclay. 

Spoiler

Sad to see her go, I remember seeing you RP her as a young human and make a whole life with her. But I'm sure Marie will have plenty of adventures and will charm her way into some cool situations. Can't wait to see whats next

Nicolas Barclay got the news and it hit him harder than he thought it would. He had never been close to his great-aunt, but she was kin, a Barclay. "Rest now in eternal joy. Your time here, amongst us sinners, is at an end."

A man, twisted from his many years of torment in the afterlife wastelands, mourns--"My only pure creation...rest easy now, my sweet Marcella."