A self-nomination

Malaise

body.png?skin=adce9003a6583236&model=cla

A series of flyers are spread throughout Karinah'siol, found posted in the city's most highly frequented forums

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TO THE SILVER ELVES OF KARINAH'SIOL and whom else it may concern,

I, Kiljarys an Iarwaïn, hereby nominate myself for election as Okarir'tir of elHeial'thilln. Great change is upon our burgeoning republic and with change comes toil. Born some 400 years ago in the blessed city of Lin'evaral, I have held witness to the prosperity and woe of the high elven peoples. I have served you before as Sohaer and helped to lift your families from the mire of Axios' dark age. I would do so again. With a firm hand and an unflinching resolve, I would bring order to the Isle of Daybreak. With the power of law, I would see our crestfallen kin re-educated and re-integrated into our society, so that they might help to better our republic once more. With your support, I would watch the sails of our vessels beat on against the easterly winds. 

With your vote, I will make my promises a reality.

ay'Larihei

ay'Haelun'or

Kiljarys an Iarwaïn

"The body is not even cold."

Kiljaerys Iarwain, I challenge you to a public forum debate. I shall endeavor to nominate myself as well if not only to show that not all of us will stand for you to willfully send out this nomination mere hours after our former Okarir'tir's departure!

Signed,

Finnadh Uradir

A letter is penned in response to the challenger:

"You are what you dare, challenger mine. One must mourn in motion in order for progress to be achieved! I accept your challenge, Finnadh Uradir, and eagerly await our discourse."

4 minutes ago, Malaise said:

A letter is penned in response to the challenger:

"You are what you dare, challenger mine. One must mourn in motion in order for progress to be achieved! I accept your challenge, Finnadh Uradir, and eagerly await our discourse."

Another eager response returned:

Then let the best man win and may the future be one of peace, prosperity, and Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya. I eagerly await our discourse too and speak this to those who watch us now: You are not alone in these troubling times. Many issues, foreign and domestic, plague our shores. We shall overcome together. This is not a battle of low-cunning or a battle for the future of our democracy - we are two men who desire similar things, with different vantage points on how we must achieve security within the Motherland. 

As once Lucion and Kalenz argued to bring our dreams to life, so too shall Finnadh and Kiljaerys communicate on the behalf of our constituents. 

For peace, prosperity, and the sanctity of our isle.

Finnadh

Maenor squinted at the newest missive, still uncertain what to make of the most recent news. He stood pondering for a while before parting his tightly shut lips "What's up with all these fossils from ancient realms returning so suddenly of late? I wonder where were they during the Republic's troubled infancy." he rhetorically asked nobody in particular on a most apathetic tone, walking away after a disapproving shake of his head.

5 minutes ago, thiccpazuzu said:

Maenor squinted at the newest missive, still uncertain what to make of the most recent news. He stood pondering for a while before parting his tightly shut lips "What's up with all these fossils from ancient realms returning so suddenly of late? I wonder where were they during the Republic's troubled infancy." he rhetorically asked nobody in particular on a most apathetic tone, walking away after a disapproving shake of his head.

"If you feel that way," said Finnadh. "Then run against us. I invite you to, in fact, I implore you." 

4 minutes ago, Worldeater said:

"If you feel that way," said Finnadh. "Then run against us. I invite you to, in fact, I implore you." 

Maenor, upon hearing that, would've waved his hand dismissively in a most nonchalant of manners, as one might've waved off an intruding servant, not deigning to even look back at the interlocutor and continuing on his way, by the end of it all being at some considerable distance onward towards San'evarir, his figure growing smaller and smaller as moments passed, departing for good.

And with that statement Finnadh simply mused to himself,

"They bemoan the fossils and yet do not participate in their own republic. Shocking."

The elf lifted his slender digits to tap his chin before he made his way along the winding road towards the tavern for a piping cup of steaming hot tea.

"I do hope to see more participation and turn-out this year," he mumbled.