NEW BEGINNINGS

livrose

NEW BEGINNINGS

The elfess sat in her armour, methodically sharpening her sword with a whetting stone. Her head was bowed over her work, lips pressed together, and with each downwards slash her mind grew clearer. Sharper. Like the sword that had been so loyal to her. Dearest friends had resigned and departed elcihi for greener pastures and it was time she did the same. 

Setting down her weapon Lorelei picked up a pen, balancing it in between her fingers. No words flowed onto the empty parchment for a while, despite her pacing and grumbling. Eventually her thoughts settled into coherent sentences and by the end she leant back, satisfied with her work. 

[!] A small bit of parchment would be pinned to the notice board. 

It is with a heavy heart that I pen this letter, although I knew the day would come. These days I feel like a mere wanderer making trips from the barracks, to the tavern, then back home. I do little else. An odd, ghost-like experience where I feel disconnected from those I love. 

Over my years I have had the privilege to watch oem’iian grow and to teach them. My role as Tahorren has offered me such comradeship and loyalty within Elsillumiran which I’d never thought I’d find. I have served under two Okarir’tirs, both of whom have my admiration and sworn loyalty until the day I die. 

The clinic is a very dear place indeed. It is where I am most at home, surrounded by familiar herbs and supplies and beds. Odd, I suppose. In my recent appointment to Tilruir’hiylun I am incredibly proud of how we uphold Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya and I know that, with the present budding physicians, our future is in capable hands. 

I’m ne sure where I’ll go once I resign. In my younger years I had wanted to see the world: I even left elcihi to pursue my adventures but returned at the news of my haelun’s death. Now, I believe, is my second chance. 

I thank any of those who played a part in my life and there is too many to possibly name here:

My family- I love you all dearly and I hope that you will continue in my stead. Tarathiel, my son, try ne to cause too much trouble while I’m gone! I will send you all a bird when I am settled. 

And to those I consider family, ne by blood.

Dele- You took me under your wing when I first arrived back in elcihi and I couldn’t be more grateful. As a mentor, confidant and mother, I can only thank you for what you’ve done for me. 

Lei- I can’t tell you how proud I am to have watched you grow up and blossom into the fierce Mali’thill you are becoming. Both the clinic and Elsillumiran have gained a valuable asset to their cause. You were always a daughter to me, my dear and I wish you only happiness for the future. 

Maeve- My dear, you were the first I came to know in elcihi. You have made me smile and laugh, and I hope that you remain a beacon of positivity for us all. 

Aestenia- In our years together we have faced hardships and weathered through. I’m ne sure where I’d be without you, dear, and I wish you only luck beginning your new life in Haense. I have come to love you and Maeve as sisters.

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya, my friends. 

Lorelei Miravaris

4 hours ago, livrose said:

My role as Tahorren has offered me such comradeship and loyalty within Elsillumiran which I’d never thought I’d find. I have served under two Okarir’tirs, both of whom have my admiration and sworn loyalty until the day I die. 

Lei- I can’t tell you how proud I am to have watched you grow up and blossom into the fierce Mali’thill you are becoming. Both the clinic and Elsillumiran have gained a valuable asset to their cause. You were always a daughter to me, my dear and I wish you only happiness for the future. 

At first as Aiera Sullas read o’er the sharp edge of her specs, her eyes narrowed in contempt- Too many had been lost. Why did they do this thing? Leave their children and sometimes spouses? Somewhere in the matriarch’s black heart a pang hit her frame, but she shook it off before it surfaced, uttering upwards to Maenor Aildhuin whom was no doubt in the vicinity; as he often was for any regular gossip, and particularly when she reached a minor error like this one.

“So this is why her son is illiterate. I am always surprised when I see this one. Almost as bad as Mr. Dagre’sae getting the last bloody ‘nor’s very gender wrong.” The middle aged thing lifts an apple to her jaw, part of her lunch, a harsh sound emitting as she rendered the fruit and kept on scanning her copy of Lorelei’s Leave. Eventually she reached something a little harder to swallow.

Lei. There was a time, maybe fateful, that Aiera recalled when Lei should have gone to Miravaris. Verily? Or if that had come to pass, wouldn’t she be feeling the sour old wound of abandonment? Is she not feeling that either way, as she’s felt it before? The woman pinches her nose. I’ve forgotten again, how long has it been..?

And then her head bowed, Maenor with his readied quip able to see clearly when she faltered and did not respond, lifting out of her chair to stride away from the lunch to be cleaned up or otherwise and out of the San’evarir offices with an uttered goodbye. T’was time to find Lei.

Spoiler

@thiccpazuzu @xTelmster

((Also, to Livrose- I know you know, but I have to say ‘no hard feelings.’ Hopefully Aiera’s actions already make themselves clear as hypocritical and ill mannered, but sometimes it can still feel like people are using their character to thinly veil real spite. Or just spread general bad vibes on otherwise innocent threads. But if I’m honest; I barely know you, so all I can feel is good will for you and hope that you’ll do well going forward. Have a good one.))

49 minutes ago, Stumpye said:

Hide contents

@thiccpazuzu @xTelmster

((Also, to Livrose- I know you know, but I have to say ‘no hard feelings.’ Hopefully Aiera’s actions already make themselves clear as hypocritical and ill mannered, but sometimes it can still feel like people are using their character to thinly veil real spite. Or just spread general bad vibes on otherwise innocent threads. But if I’m honest; I barely know you, so all I can feel is good will for you and hope that you’ll do well going forward. Have a good one.))

Spoiler

@Stumpyeof course! my feelings are quite the same- wishing you well <33

As the mean librarian plopped in a seat nearby, he sat for the most part pondering, his attention forked between his own thoughts and the words of the Okarir'maehr. As would've been expected, the news didn't stir any particular strong emotion, merely a sense of distant irritation as he remarked "Yet another teacher we lose this day." He clicked his tongue, then listening some more to Aiera, surrendering to the solitude of San'evarir as she departed. For a brief moment, somewhere in an obscure corner of his mind, a momentary thought, the rotten fruit of this recent wave of resignations, made him wonder if indeed Ikur's Maheralship, with its mirage of stability, was not in fact actually better than some petty legal victory over a document that, for all its failings, at least did not drive anyone away.

Seth frowned deeply as he reached it in the notice board, shaking his head as he went out and about to look for the now lone husband, mumbling to himself quietly. "I really hope she talked with him before commiting the same crime.."