The Gates Of Elvenesse

The Gates of Elvenesse

bfoI6XoEVpZZqJbOyWdbmqvaFcL5FNUFnNSh_UCNS3uy9uxgqO8d7sXySBS_DhkFmfCjZRScDdSCwXBWd8KIcYqlkpT-nM8FpNSyQvHM_Guyg0IjQbm7pB-Xf2P9tnNTQ1gdsl7L

Onward was Cyrus’ gaze set, upon the cold stones set into the archway of the gates to Elvenesse. The rain dropped down gently upon his ashen face. The gates were quiet and still. His heart beated ever so gently. He said nothing but his eyes peered onward flavored with a mourn filled disappointment.

He began to think to himself…

“My people have grown misguided. How is it that a race of peace has grown to harbor so much hatred within their hearts. They have grown to be nothing but servants to a ruler who cares not for all Mali as a leader should. Has peace been washed from the minds of Mali, only to be replaced by the self grandiose ideas of a tyrant.”

He turned his head to the side, clenching it towards his shoulder in pitiful sorrow, letting his gaze depart from the archway and to the flowing creek below him.

“I only ever came to these lands as an arbiter of love and peace, in an attempt to see two elves dissolve the past between them and I have been met with hostility and ego from the patriarch of their Prince. The elves have fallen in line beneath him, growing ever so faithful in their servitude to a mortal. They are not even offered representation in a land that clings onto them to bolster the ego of an elf who rules over them from the shadows of his family. Have they forgotten that when Iblees cursed our people with infertility, the Aenguls blessed us with peace so that our hearts may live on through the little children that we foster into this world. Such has grown lost in the hearts of Mali… for a mali’ker seeking fellowship with them, never raising a sword or bearing down insults or falsities to be cast out from their lands like this with so little regard. Where has our care for our race gone.”

Cyrus’s turned on his heels, his stride imbuing a strong sense of direction. A warm smile overtook his cheeks as he gracefully let his mind sing into the air, 

“One day things will be different. One day, the Mali will have a true place to call home. A place where nobody will be excluded because of the tyrannical ramblings of a man that fashions himself a King. A place where the children will dance in merriment and the warriors of our people will be drawn to their sense of duty and protection. Our people will soon live amongst and defend each other with their hearts and souls. To this I pledge my heart to you Father Malin…”

He reached gently into his pocket, retrieving an old coin. He peered down to it, with an otherworldly spirit growing within his eyes.

yM78YL7bhCRGMKYwcGmX5ZhUYEyYftzZ3zWk4b__jdV8UodkfxuBebac4zSuwY32t_FNSnA4yddIoS_-ypdOaF316tJftakETAfn56DOKDDAmbeIIb6i-z_AYf70sc6Mu5n3fYoF

Edited by The Great Mongol Khan

Avius sighed. It was all so tiresome, after all.

"This man spews propaganda like a snake spews venom. If I sneezed in his presence he would probably write ten leaflets about how Elvenesse is infested with plague." Says a melanin-rich elf.

"King, King, I'm a King!" Galar chants to himself, his ravings overcoming him. The calls of his kin, hundreds of miles away, do not reach his ears. But through his muddled mind, there is some commonality of thought with those he thinks of as family; their words, if not reaching him, are at least shared by him. However, such similarity is lost to him for now as he butchers another stag before him, laughing all the while.

Kairn hummed gently as he sat within a great oaken chair situated within his keep. One leg crossed over the other, a book of names sprawled across his table. On days such as these he wondered what it was his good friend Cyrus Inacrynn was up to and had no doubt he was out journeying the vast new world they had traveled to a mere eight-years ago. The elf lifted his quill up and allowed the feather to rest against his cheek before jotting down a series of words in harsh ink scrawl to his old friend.

Dear Cyrus,

It has been many years now since I retired from my position as the Warden of the Pale. Even so, your ambition remains outside of the depth of the humble keep we call home, and I have borne witness to the unease that plagues yourself, Avaeramos, and good Evar'tir. In your pursuit to endeavor the political, you both may end up leaving the Empire behind you, and to that I say good riddance -- the tomb I have built for myself here needn't be yours as well. I have retired from public life and it is not my prerogative that the three of you remain with me in my forest where I spend my days reading, writing, and hunting the elk that prowl too close to the bounds of my country home. 

Whatever your mission, wherever you end up, know that I always support you. Know that things shall not always be as they are. As stated by the Sage Haumel it was only us Elves who were accursed twice by Iblees - the curse of long life, and of infertility. A long life has the capacity to breed madness unrivaled and I desire no such fate upon you. When you look upon these Elves in their desolate city remember the story of myself and my son Galar. Remember that a good life is one that is lead not in service to the people; but in the service of your family and friends with whom you will share bonds that last centuries. 

I respect the boundaries the three of you set. That being said, if there is bloodshed between any of those in my former inner circle, I shall be the first one to condemn you. The act of kinslaying as always remains a Sylvaeri trademark, one that I am not envious of and would rather not commit. Let it be known that any tears you shed for our waylaid kin are ill-spent. The modern nation-state is ill-conceived any any engagement with it for right or wrong shall simply bring you misery. 

Bronze does not tarnish. And may the spirits of your Ancestors guide you in the pursuit of San'Taliyna.

Your friend,

Kairn Calithil

5 hours ago, Shmeepicus said:

Eirosan has a hearty laugh at the hypocrisy of such a comment.

Spoiler

(( 1. It's a private letter to Cyrus, and only Cyrus. 2. It's my character's belief that nations are terrible and he's a Druid. So instead of throwing out-of-character jabs in-character to a meta-gamed article of information, how about you mellow out grab yourself a cup of tea and stop taking Minecraft so personally? ))

Just now, Shmeepicus said:

((Nothing OOC man my character just dislikes the Pale and everything about it, you right tho it was a private letter thats my bad))

((No problem just came out of left field. I'm just role-playing haha.))

Somewhere within the thriving city of Amaethea Belestram sits among old friends, and ruminates on the small man who has consistently invaded the land of the free Elves, so long and arduously in the making. He thinks of the traitorous Kairn the Usurper, and the old days of the Dominion during which his path to freedom was won, and lost, and won again amid the bloody conflicts stirred by Ithelanen greed and vainglory. But moreso, he thinks of the misled youth, attempting to frame their service to a falsehood with historical misconception. He sighs, looking into the fire. 

"My son... I served our Malinor, I knew our Malinor, and Malinor was dear to me. What you are pining for... that's no Malinor."

Edited by Fid