On the omniscience of God

ReveredOwl

QjFec0NzP3p7FFbwjTS_j4fZnqU90av_P1sT8FfJE4FW6Z2aauZ-JF6eDYjO7EDTdRz4BHNv8bliokqUw9dSDnyr_Cuf2MwMRhMOtS1e-8D5GMYwIW4sklV3yn0EJTiB-w
Above is an artist's depiction of a damaged and crumbling bridge, impassible to all travelers who would seek to cross the river here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------✠✠✠-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the Omniscience of God

12th of Msitza and Dargund, 355 ES

12th of Harren’s Folley, 6 SA

Karosgrad

For centuries we have taught that all actions are seen by God, all actions, misgivings, foul deeds and even sin, he sees it all. There is no secret that one can ever keep from the Lord for he knows it before you even know it yourself. The mystery of God knows no bounds and I believe there are still things to discover in this earthly plain, yet, the all-knowing nature of the Lord is no mystery. The Lord, with his infinite power, is omniscient, this means that the Lord sees all. God knows all things that can be known, if knows when the sun will stop rising, he knows when you will die and he even knows when you try to sin in secret. No manner of mortal trickery or deception can fool the Lord and it is foolish to try.

You might wonder, if God can see that I am about to commit sin why does he not intervene and stop me? Well my friends, the answer to that question is a simple one, the Lord gave us free reign upon this mortal plain, we are free to act as we wish. One mustn’t confuse free will with blindness and disobedience to the holy scrolls though, that is where some are confused. Along the path to salvation there are many hurdles and barriers that might block us, it is through our grit and determination to achieve salvation that we do not let these barriers block us. The Lord does not intervene before you commit sin for it is your role as devout followers to resist the temptation that Saul was unable to do.1 The Lord does, in special circumstances, intervene in the mortal affairs of his realm, I will elaborate further upon this in a future thesis, however to stop you personally from sinning is not one of these special circumstances.

There is an easy way to picture this, friends, close your eyes and imagine you and your friends are traveling along the road towards the city where your families live, it is a long trek but you must make it there in time to celebrate Krugsmas. But alas, you are stopped half way because the harsh winter weather conditions have caused a wooden bridge to collapse! One friend wants to wait for the nation's patrol to come along and assist you, but the weather is harsh. Another friend suggests turning back and returning home, not reuniting with your family for Krugmas, very sad. You know however that there is a bridge further down the river or perhaps there is a rowing boat along the embankment. Do you give up, stay put or do you persevere and start making your way towards the other bridge so you can make it to your family? Your friends are not so keen on the idea and simply wish to return home, but you know there is a bridge further down the river, do you let them leave or do you urge them to continue? Do you stay put and wait for others to fix the problem facing you or do you persevere?

This, my children, is the very nature of sin and why the Lord sees all but does not intervene to prevent you, directly, from sinning. You must have strong faith in the Lord and persevere for however arduous and treacherous your journey may become, the Lord is watching, do not let him turn away in shame.

Written by Brother Basil Moroul

Edited by Basil Moroul

Caedric reads the short writing, as he often does with Canonist teachings, edicts, and letters, he'd shake his head before filing it away in his personal archive under 'Canonist'. He'd then pen a simple response.

"To Basil Moroul,

You and your fellow worshipers seem to so easily forget that your Cross God, a twisted interpretation of the Creator, does not intervene presently because he continues to respect our sentience but simply because he is long dead. When we marched upon the Inferi Stronghold, united as Man and as Descendants, we ensured that he would stay dead. Do write me back, if you feel so inclined my correspondence is always open.

Allfather guide us,

Caedric of Clan Edvardsson."
As he finished his short letter, he would roll it and seal it with the stamp of the Clan Edvardsson before calling his trusted Norlandic Puffin to take the letter to Brother Basil Moroul as soon as possible.

Basil pauses his work on the sister thesis to his first in order to pen a response to Caedric, he expects to publish it in the next day or two.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:06 PM, Basil Moroul said:

The Lord does not intervene before you commit sin for it is not the role of GOD to pull you along the path to salvation, salvation is something you must achieve yourself and you should resist all urges to give up this path,

Dear Acolyte Basil, 

I would like to rephrase or clarify this statement. We must affirm that we cannot discount God as the central and divine inspiration of faith. It is somewhat problematic to word salvation as a separate phenomenon from God. God is salvation. God calls us to be in union with Him. Our baptism does pull us along the path to salvation. Salvation cannot be achieved by human merits alone. I hope this can be corrected to some extent before further confirmation is given for this thesis. I commend your work on the rest as it demonstrates the relationship of free will and divine providence.

With fidelity and fraternal love,

His Eminence, Benedict Cardinal Jorenus, O.W.F.

Archbishop of Jorenus, Titular Bishop of Kalden

Pontifical Secretary

4 minutes ago, Piov said:

Dear Acolyte Basil, 

I would like to rephrase or clarify this statement. We must affirm that we cannot discount God as the central and divine inspiration of faith. It is somewhat problematic to word salvation as a separate phenomenon from God. God is salvation. God calls us to be in union with Him. Our baptism does pull us along the path to salvation. Salvation cannot be achieved by human merits alone. I hope this can be corrected to some extent before further confirmation is given for this thesis. I commend your work on the rest as it demonstrates the relationship of free will and divine providence.

With fidelity and fraternal love,

His Eminence, Benedict Cardinal Jorenus, O.W.F.

Archbishop of Jorenus, Titular Bishop of Kalden

Pontifical Secretary

To his Eminence Bram,

I apologise for the mistake that I have made in my thesis, it was no intention of mine to discount God as the central and divine inspiration or our salvation. I have corrected my error and rephrased the sentence. Once more I apologise for my error.

Brother Basil

The Archbishop of Jorenus places his stamp in approval of the thesis as all corrections are made to his liking.

FvcOloY4sTcF4UyJ4NMuFmVp2y9ynSpw6tUU47dHdi3Fr5pyqM5K4lRhXqmj0_NrSm2-kMZ6k8ID9INWWYzH0kI-77kgATxQ_vJZunKB71Y0WzYfNSvxsaff8FjxCStR-gb8W75S