Election of the Okarir'hiylun: Nominations; 6 SA

Nen

Bqq--rCQaESMw4iKNjeQMak45xr8GH3FFg52LkfEOJ95_xhGNVJGxvwK3537pvHnhtjo2VGgn6OhA08qy4x8EVKp6tWomZMOYeAWFkVB9iYgojvxRIa4WXIARFQEJcVIVXorirId

ELECTION OF THE OKARIR'HIYLUNNOMINATIONS

20th of the Amber Cold, 6 SA

84ux-2vMGjrGoL1wI86Pwn6TwrAKLnpHNcxYmysDkYoqOKyt-y2jLhk4m4_L-xXPzGbNzXkSg03RkWxfVxGrVYTuJ0lF-ZSR-FMZcqpLS04mt3VYxA_ja0-kZ5lJje-3n_XI_ulz

To Elmali'thill of elcihi'thilln,

The esteemed Laurir Elibar'acal has retired her post after more than a decade of venerated service. In these times of return to philosophical tradition it falls upon the blessed children of Larihei to elect a new Okarir'hiylun. 

To be Okarir'hiylun is to be the Guardian of Health, tasked with overseeing the clinic and maintaining public health and physical purity.

Nominations are to proceed in the traditional manner. Candidates are to come forth, either self-nominated of their own volition, or succeeding a nomination from a third party, and give a public speech detailing their merits and what they hope to achieve.  One such self-nomination has already been made by Miss Valyris Wynasul, with its transcription attached to this missive, though she along with any other hopeful candidates are invited to speak further.

Valyris Wynasul's nomination of self [X]

Nominations shall stay open for one Elven day. Late entries will not be permitted.

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

An elderly Seth Calith slowly strode up before the gathering of people, the fragile elf scanned the crowd, taking in a deep breath of air as many thoughts went through his mind. He took a pause, letting people quiet down. He raised a hand in greeting as he started.

“Karin’ayla citizenry of Haelun’or.” The hand moved to his own chest. “As many know, I am known as Seth Calith, typically calling myself ancient right after proclaiming my name.” He paused once more, the hand lowered. “I have raised my voice, to let you know I intend to contest for the position of Okarir’hiylun. For centuries, I have made it my duty of protecting people. In the ancient city named Haelun’or by Larihei herself, before it fell to ruins, I threw away my skills, to practice and to train, to protect my kin as Evarir, later on as Sillumir. But as I was quick to learn, not all can be cured by striking some monster before it can harm. Sometimes, it struck, other times it wasn’t even a monster but a sickness spreading. Officially retired as Sillumir, unofficially Evarir, I decided to learn how to heal.” Seth once more paused, looking over the crowd. “The worst cases are the unseen wounds, those not physical, but in here.” He raised a finger to tap his forehead. “And so I specialized in healing minds over physical injuries.“

Seth offered a small smile. “But enough of my history and experience, unless people wish to learn more. Within recent times, we lost most of our medical personnel and to my knowledge, the tavern is without a leader. People need housing in the future and I would deem myself quite capable of handling the administrative side of work, having been the equivalent of Okarir in Lin’everal of Anthos. I intend to get the already existing students taught through physicians I know and can vouch for, in order to once more not be left in a crisis should the unthinkable happen. While this is in motion, I will build up a team, to effectivise the handling of housing and keys in addition to creating a public council for planning of celebrations and events, to meet once a year and keep an easy to read calendar available for our kin. And lastly I intend to make a more organized system for guardians as well as check ups on any future orphans, to make sure their guardians are delivering care and education to a standard I can attest for.

So to wrap it up with a quick summary of my main goals.
- Get our many students educated through proficient physicians.
- Find someone to take part in maintaining the tavern.
- Create a team to sort out keys, housing and other tasks which might come up.
- The founding of a public group, for planning of events, for the people, by the people.
- The implementation of Dele’s easy to read calendar for the people of Haelun’or.
- Improving on the present guardian system, to make sure orphans of this terrible world receive proper care and education.”

*The old elf nodded to the gathering, seemingly happy with his own speech. “And I dare say, to you all, brothers and sisters of Larihei’s teachings, maehr’sae hiylun’ehya! He called out the ancient phrase, waiting for a moment before stepping down.