Mme. de Potins Magazine for High Society, Issue One

Mme_dePotins

MFGMOJXeyyK4AHQ7LQ-4KOKpq8J46Kq2E0xZ1LICa2cxLD_SZUS7Cvk0HQ4UZx8dCdXM02C7xqTRzKa7i6FZeIWs5Vkx3XhC2VHzDYkPM6Q_a7_NyYPJukoVV1qcIbhrR3gwcjn8

I S S U E  O N E

This author would like to introduce you to the Madame de Potins Magazine for High Society; a gossip column is written by me, Madame de Potins. Rest assured, reader, you shall not know me, but I shall know you. 

The Duke and Duchess Helena are one of the most beloved people in all of Oren, the next emperor and empress have not sired any kids, not a daughter nor a son. This leaves the author wondering- perhaps the Duke and Duchess are not up-to-date on how to produce an heir… Or, is it that our dearest Duke Helena participates in homosexual activities? Visiting molly houses, on the outskirts of Providence… He does seem quite enamored with his ISA men!

Just down the road from the imperial palace is the cathedral where a protest happened in support of removing the pontiff. It’s rumored among high society, and lower class alike that he’s had multiple affairs and mistresses, siring many children that he’s denied the existence of. Not only that- but his supporters seem to be mentally unfit! One such protester, Richard Helvets, Count of Rochefort, attacked his own daughter in Haense, with many more attempting to shoot the protesting crowd. 

Anna Henrietta, a daughter of the better line of Pruvia’s, married beneath her- perhaps in an attempt to hide a dirty secret that she’s pregnant- out of wedlock! The father we do not know, but this author has noted that she’s growing bigger day by day, especially when Baron Carrington and her’s wedding had not commenced yet!

Sofya Carrion-Tuvyic had a depressing debutante- it seemed more people wanted to dance with her attendees rather than her! Was it for her looks, for God knows she is quite plain, or perhaps her shyness, for she only approached one boy during the debutante, and instead ended up dancing with a man more than ten years her senior. 

Signed, 

Madame de Potins.

"Heresy." Says a passing reader.

"How horrible- ruining other's reputations for what, petty pleasure? Disgusting," muttered out one Florentina de Savin as she reads the article. 

Victoria Anne d'Arkent perused the article with furrowed brows, disgusted by the rumors surrounding her brother, Charles Augustus d'Arkent and her best friend, Anna Henrietta"Surely this cannot be true. It is all a bunch of rubbish, I say." The woman pursed her lips in thought, wondering who this mysterious new author might be.

Spoiler

I LOVE the Lady Whistledown adaptation! This is amazing.

Viktoriya Mariya DeNurem lofted a hand to hide her lips as she'd yawn, lazily kicking back on her office chair. She'd set the paper toward the side, snickering beneath her breath as she stole a swig from her Hanseti vodka. "Silly nobility," the Lady murmured. "Wonder how those rumors spread, though . . . Oh well! I have nothing to lose, at least."

"Hold up is this author calling a person fat? Gossip is gossip but that is just mean as hell."  Butler Alfred Worthpenny commented among his fellow servants of the de Joannes household. Being very sarcastic with his words, then he'd go over to one of the servants and smack them on the head, the servant shook a bit as they were slapped.  The Butler shook his head as he screamed the lower servant to go back to his work, as the man screamed, this servant would run off to work like the little rat like he was.

Yuliya Styrne lofts a brow as she finds the gossip column on her desk at the Imperial Unviersity.

"James, I'm hurt," she complains, showing the paper to her elven companion. ( @Wholesome_Thomas"They didn't once mention the charming costumes we wore at the debutante, nor the fact that we put lilypads on everyone's heads. Who's the editor of this rag? I'm lodging a complaint."

"Mama! Look what this Madame de Potins has written! She says cousin Anna is having a little baby!" The young Charlotte Augusta would speak in great excitement, not quite understanding the nature of this pamphlet. However, her innocence to the world of gossip was better preserved for now.

Alexandrina Frederica studies the pamphlet she thieved from the cousin’s bedchambers. The Pruvian youth audibly gasped at the first reading regarding her uncle’s elder brother, “Oh my!” Alexandrina hastily placed the pamphlet back upon her cousin’s dresser. She would proceed to silently depart the room, exhaling in relief due to her arising fear of being punished.

Vespira reads the missive quickly, her eyes narrowing as she looks over each word carefully. "What on earth!" she exclaims, throwing the missive on her desk. Soon after the lifts the missive from the desk, running down the hall and showing the missive to the Governess-Secretary and dear friend of Vespira, Anna Henrietta Pruvia-Provins. @libertyybelle

As the Governess Secretary was writing within in her office in the Augustine Palace, her friend Vespira burst within the doors. The flaxened hair Majordomo slamming the newsletter on the desk of the Pruvia.

With a lifted brow, Anna read the contents before snorting, beckoning for the Duchess of Helena into her office as well. 

"Are they saying I am fat?" she'd inquire  with a frown to her friend and pseudo-mother before shrugging. "I am only with  my fiance, Charles, and I am the same size I have always been. The Duchess weighs me weekly so I maintain my petite womanly figure and I have only gained a pound due to those delicious cranberry cookies we have been baking!"

After such, she crumbled up the false gossip column before tossing it into her fire place and continuing her wedding planning for the upcoming saint's weekend. 

@marilka@ncarr95

Casper Elmpool glances over the material "Pfft! What is the garbage? These slanderous accusations are absolutely disgusting!" The Seneschal exclaims, tossing the magazine into his fireplace.

Randy reads through his monacle, eyes focused on one of the paragraphs in particular "Ich knew it! Zhe needs to eat zhe Lamb Liver!"

On 1/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, libertyybelle said:

"Are they saying I am fat?" she'd inquire  with a frown to her friend and pseudo-mother before shrugging. "I am only with  my fiance, Charles, and I am the same size I have always been. The Duchess weighs me weekly so I maintain my petite womanly figure and I have only gained a pound due to those delicious cranberry cookies we have been baking!"

After such, she crumbled up the false gossip column before tossing it into her fire place and continuing her wedding planning for the upcoming saint's weekend. 

"It's garbage!" shouts Vespirashaking her head as the trio read over the missive some more..

The Duchess Helena turned up her nose in revolt, her stomach turning at the pamphlet's fetid exposé. Laying a palm to the young Governess-Secretary's shoulder, she simply shook her head, deigning not to inform the girl of the author's true implications. After all, there were other rumors to attend to.

Elisabeth Louise reads the pamphlet, understanding half the words. She assumes Anna is being called fat. She'd look over to her cousin, then back at the pamphlet, "Well I've seen Anna, she's pretty big."