Election of the Okarir'tir: Nominations; 7 SA

Nen

Bqq--rCQaESMw4iKNjeQMak45xr8GH3FFg52LkfEOJ95_xhGNVJGxvwK3537pvHnhtjo2VGgn6OhA08qy4x8EVKp6tWomZMOYeAWFkVB9iYgojvxRIa4WXIARFQEJcVIVXorirId

ELECTION OF THE OKARIR'TIRNOMINATIONS

20th of the Snow's Maiden, 7 SA

84ux-2vMGjrGoL1wI86Pwn6TwrAKLnpHNcxYmysDkYoqOKyt-y2jLhk4m4_L-xXPzGbNzXkSg03RkWxfVxGrVYTuJ0lF-ZSR-FMZcqpLS04mt3VYxA_ja0-kZ5lJje-3n_XI_ulz

To Elmali'thill of elcihi'thilln,

The noble Ellisar Aevaris has retired his post after more than a decade of venerated service as Okarir, and decades more serving in the Sillumir. In these times of return to philosophical tradition it falls upon the blessed children of Larihei to elect a new Okarir'tir. 

To be Okarir'tir is to be Guardian of Law, tasked with upholding the Silver Law and seeing to its enforcement alongside heading the Sillumir.

Nominations are to proceed in the traditional manner. Candidates are to come forth, either self-nominated of their own volition, or succeeding a nomination from a third party, and give a public speech detailing their merits and what they hope to achieve.  Two such self-nominations have already been made by Kiljarys an Iarwaïn and Finnadh Uradir. Transcriptions are attached to this missive.

Kiljarys an Iarwaïn and Finnadh Uradir's declarations of self-nomination. [X]

Nominations shall stay open for one Elven day. Late entries will not be permitted.

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

The Sillumir Finnadh Uradir issued a public statement regarding his candidacy. It was written in the vigorous Elven scrawl of a disciplined writer and flowed along the papyrus though it were art.

The Sillumir and by extension the Silver State of Haelun'or have a glorious past. Once, clad in our masks we kept this city safe and continued to do so without question. However, in recent years our ineffectiveness though unquantifiable has not been missed by the keen eye of the Mali'thill who reside within our fair city. All who enlist are great men and women who wish to keep this city safe but we have been plagued by a series of ineffective Okarir'tiran.

It is my prerogative to change this with my experience on the field and my many years spent organizing effective militias in the past. It is my belief that in order to keep this city safe we must show that once again our special forces are no military - the Valah have use for such instruments of war and destruction, we do not. The Sillumir - The Weeping Blades - are an order of guardians intended to defend the city from strife internal and external. To ensure the safety of its citizens and traditions, to prevent the erasure of Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya. 

Let it be known that the instrument that is the Sillumir should not be politicized. It is the arm of our great country not it's fist.

Finnadh Uradir

58 minutes ago, Worldeater said:

It is the arm of our great country not it's fist.

Iunius Visaj daubs the nib of his quill into his cut-glass ink-well, propping the feathered nib against the neck to let the spare ink bleed itself free from the ability to sully the page with smears and rivulets. Turning loose three thin sheathes of paper from a jotting-pad, he raises it to the lamplight and peers through it with the speculative stare of a vintner taking colour of a recent bottle.

He casts his response to the missive in three deft sweeps of his pen, the middle-aged 'thill looking to the the letters on the vellum with such a grin of affected smugness as an ape or some other simple beast is apt to assume upon similiar occasions. He began to smile, eyes sparkling with some malice as he pursed his lips, any watcher through his house-window could see by his face which letters he was working at;

its*

Kolvar Trafina issues her public self nomination for the role of Okairir'tir. 

I, Kolvar Trafina, formally nominate myself for the election of Okaririr'tir of elHeial'thilln. I have been apart of the Sillumiran for nearly two decades, within that time I have risen in the ranks and proved my worth. I have grown with the Sillumiran and it would only be right for me to continue my service and lead them while also enforcing our laws within our walls. I intend to continue the success and the continued safety of our citizens. 

With this, and your vote, I will make these statements a reality

Kolvar Trafina