Is God dead?

ReveredOwl

ehPgakjiNJSFa9A3ebB5fLJOZ9L4IGJhBfZUwTeEXkqSAxo04tfM2HjEB3xpdkdB3M1jLnQzu5RaGHvoWxXMDW6-E-5IiC9iK9OxzgVKdNWC6bwO7rLMvBNiWkWveHow6Q
An artist’s depiction of an army of aenguls descending from the seven skies to assist his creations in their fight against the Inferi and the daemon Gazardiael

-----------------------------------------------------------------✠✠✠-----------------------------------------------------------------

Is God dead?

11th of Julia and Piov, 356 ES
11th of Malin’s Welcome, 7 SA
Karosgrad

Brothers and sisters, today is a solemn day and it saddens me that I should have to pen such a thesis for all faithful already know the answer, alas there are some who need guidance. For at least twenty years now there has been a rumour circulating, mostly amongst groups of magi, paladins and naysayers, that God is dead. I am not sure as to the origins of this dangerous rumour but it has slowly made its way into human nations, silently swaying peoples minds to doubt and confusion. As Saul entered Horen’s camp to sow iniquity and sin, so does this rumour, spewed by disillusioned magi or rampant heretics. 

One of the Lord’s key attributes is his aseity, and it has been this way since the dawn of creation itself. This means that God exists in upon himself, he exists to be, he is independent entirely and is not dependent on anything for he is the Lord. The Lord’s powers are infinite and immeasurable and none can surpass the strength of God himself, not even Iblees. Iblees, the arch-daemon which came to lead the Lord’s faithful astray, envious of the Lord’s immeasurable power and might. It is important to remember that God made the daemon Iblees, who fell from grace in his envy of his creator, he is referred to as the great deceiver and this is entirely because his most dangerous weapon to all of creation was his deception. Through deception he would lead the faithful astray and as a result tether their souls to the void for all eternity. I weep for the souls who have been entrapped in the void by Iblees but alas he is not an equal to God. God suffers no pain or death for he is simply the divine.

If there were any doubts as to the immeasurable power of the Lord then we must turn to the holy scrolls for guidance, as we do with any theological question that may present itself to us, however ludicrous it may be. First and foremost we shall look to the scroll of Virtue for guidance.

“I am the Lord God without peer. I separated the world from the Void and placed the lesser and greater lights into the sky, and breathed life into all the beasts of the earth. And I have also breathed life into your heart, and the hearts of your children. And I have given you life: I am your father, and the father of all things. And so I shall guide you in a theater of virtue, and the virtuous shall not live except by My Word.”
(Virtue 1:1-7)

Here in the scroll of Virtue, in the very first canticle the nature of God is explained. God created all beings in the earth including the aenguls and daemons, they are his servants - not his equals. God has no peer of equal standing or abilities for he is the most powerful entity in all of creation. The phrase ‘I am the Lord God without peer’ is repeated several times in the scroll of virtue therefore we should be of no doubt as to its very clear message, God has no peer. Next we shall turn to the scroll of Gospel for further guidance and clarification.

”But among all the Daemons, the chiefest was Iblees, and he was very proud to reign over his kind.  And he doubted GOD’s strength, for it was given to the Daemons to rule what is not. And Iblees desired to rule without the Lord. So he descended the emanations of glory, and drew farther from GOD, until he reached the Void. And lo, he was cursed by its touch. And GOD was wroth. For when GOD bore witness to the bounty of His Immortals, He was pleased. But when He saw the bounty of Iblees, which was sin, He was wroth with the Daemon. And He spoke to Iblees “Why have you done that which I have forbidden?” And Iblees replied “For you name us as servants, and I shall devise of no virtue until I am your equal. And now my touch is the touch of the Void, and it is with all things in your creation.” And GOD was furious, but Iblees would not repent. And he fled into the Void, for he hated the glory of GOD, and by his own will was shackled there from the Lord.  And while the other Immortals had pleased GOD with their creation, none had fulfilled His plan, which was interrupted by the sin of Iblees. So the Lord made two bodies of earth, and gave them blood and breath, and the light of wisdom.”
(Gospel 1:14-28)

In the scroll of Gospel this passage teaches us about the envy of Iblees and the way he came to be. Iblees was created a daemon, like all the rest, only he wished not to follow God and instead desired to be his equal if not better but such could never be possible. Daemons have very limited powers compared to the infinite powers and abilities of God. Iblees could not ever have the power to kill God, nor could any other being. There is no other being equal to our saviour, GOD, for the Lord created no such a being as it is clearly stated within our holy scrolls that he has no peer. No aengul or daemon can ever surpass the powers that the Lord has.

So to answer the question, Is God dead? The answer is a simple no because God is unkillable, he suffers no pain and has no peer. There are none who are equal to him. I hope this puts an end to the ridiculous rumour circulating that God is dead and I pray those who propagate these dangerous rumours cease immediately for the sake of their own salvation.

Written by Brother Basil Moroul
@Qaz

Caedric reads the response to his short letter, he'd pen yet another short response saying with a chuckle to his dear wife, "I don't need a whole thesis to prove a point".

The letter would read:

"To Basil Moroul,

Citation of false scripture is no evidence in the real world. I have first hand experience, and so do many from your Cross God coven, of when Murdak'Lak sent that ballista bolt straight into the Creator's Egg in what we can all reasonably say was the best course of action. Your God which you detail in your scriptures is simply a falsehood propagated to maintain Imperial rule and a twisted and vile singular homogeneity of Man. The Creator, your Cross God, is long dead, and we ensure it would stay that way.

If you would like to send a letter back I'm always able to make correspondence with the unkindled; if you'd rather meet in person I would welcome you as a guest and we could share drinks.

Allfather guide us,

Caedric of Clan Edvardsson."

Caedric then sends his Norlandic Puffin to all who would read this response before filing the article under 'Canonist'.

"Considering the current state of both church and it's head figure, I would say God is pretty dead" Duke Andrew could comment sitting in his palace 

"The God is not some chuckling, bearded creature, recluse on some cloud. No. To claim that the God is dead is to claim that Creation itself ceases to be. The God lives through all, every stone and every breath, every mind and every heart. Encompassing all, the God both lives and dies, as it exists in limbo between all realms and all forms. Why, how could the God die, when it is itself death?" Mused a green-garbed scholar in some fetid alcove. 

"Is God dead?" James chuckles as he reads the title of the missive. "Is a triangle square? Is water dry? What a silly question." He moves on without having bothered to read the paragraphs below.

14 minutes ago, Wholesome_Thomas said:

"Is God dead?" James chuckles as he reads the title of the missive. "Is a triangle square? Is water dry? What a silly question." He moves on without having bothered to read the paragraphs below.

"I was explaining to a norlander why he can't be dead or killed." said Basil