(PK) Safiye's Sickness

zuziee

A withering away woman sat in a cold room under a pile of blankets and pillows. She had written her will a week before and knew the fate was overcoming her body. Years of stress and grief for her two daughters Riya and Yvette and the unknowing wellness of her other daughters destroyed the women’s immune system.

Darius, her brother, crept into the room in Ba’as with a warm cup of tea. A kind smile on his face per usual when he checked in on his only sister, Safiye. “How are you today?” he’d ask, only getting a meer moment of eye contact back from the women. So he placed down the teacup and left.

Safiye’s eyes slowly turned towards the door as she heard it shut. Coughing and spitting up into a hankie, one of her own mother’s hankies. She had no strength to drink her tea, let alone sleep. She thought back to her younger days in the Imperial court, with her brothers whom she loved very much, and with her children. The thoughts only pained her. 

She had been an absent mother, just like her own mother had been to her. Only continuing the cycle of pain and grief. How could she have fallen within the same fate of her own mother? Would she pass on this trait to her own children? Tears started to stream down her face.

She could only wonder.

The next morning, her brother came into the room seeing a very cold and dead Safiye in the pile of blankets. Gripping onto the last note, the last wish, of his younger sister. The note was addressed to her youngest alive daughter, Thea.

Dear Thea,

Though I am certain you shall never see this letter, let it be known I love you. Your sickness will one day overcome you, but I am sure you will take it gracefully.

Take your time my dearest and remind your older sister to not repeat my mistakes. Don’t let her be absent for her own children.

Love,

Your Mother

Darius pulled the note from her clutch, sighing as he asked the servants to remove the rotting body from the room. Her body would be haphazardly dumped into the ocean as the note would be sent to Oren, along with her will.

Thanks, everyone for roleplaying with me! It was just Safiye’s time, she should have died a long time ago but I was just holding onto her.

Albeit, none the wiser to her passing, a Southeron man would start to reflect fondly on the Rhenyari woman he acquainted himself with all those years prior. 

"I'll try to see her the next I'm in Oren." A passing thought remarked, moving on soon after.