The Beginning of a New Life

rep2k

On 3/15/2021 at 9:09 PM, rep2k said:

[!] Letter should arrive in one Saint's day, stating your position in the Holy Mother Church.

Philip makes a request to be stationed in Jorenus.

“Good to see you here on this day, brother. We shall begin quite simply. What is your name?”

"I am Elijah Alexander d'Emyth."

“How old are you?”

"I am Twenty-Seven years of age."

“This question is obvious, but it is for the sake of these records. What race of the descendants are you of?”

"Human."

“You are able to read and write, am I right?”

"Yes- Quite well."

“And with that, I hope you are familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”

"Yes, Somewhat."

“You are of course baptized?”

"Yes my mother found it rather important."

“Good, good. Are you married? Do you have children?”

"No and no."

“In what way of the clergy do you wish to serve? As a Priest, or a Monastic?”

"As a Priest."

“This really depends on the needs of the Church, but in what Diocese would you prefer to serve in? You can simply name a city or Kingdom.”

"Providence, though I am fine with anywhere really."

“A rather personal question, why have you chosen to walk this path in God?”

"I've decided I want to change my life, I've walked the wrong path too long."

“And lastly, are you truly devoted to this way of life? Prepared to take any vows involved with ordination and commit oneself to this lifetime bond with the Lord Almighty?”

"Yes, certainly."

“Wonderful ! I think we are finished here, dear brother.” he says as he gestures you out of the room with a smirk, “This shall be brought to Bishop Alfred in no time. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

25 minutes ago, MannyMannyManny said:

“Good to see you here on this day, brother. We shall begin quite simply. What is your name?”

"I am Elijah Alexander d'Emyth."

“How old are you?”

"I am Twenty-Seven years of age."

“This question is obvious, but it is for the sake of these records. What race of the descendants are you of?”

"Human."

"Yes- Quite well."

“And with that, I hope you are familiar with the Holy Scrolls and Catechism of our Church?”

"Yes, Somewhat."

"Yes my mother found it rather important."

"No and no."

"As a Priest."

“This really depends on the needs of the Church, but in what Diocese would you prefer to serve in? You can simply name a city or Kingdom.”

"Providence, though I am fine with anywhere really."

"I've decided I want to change my life, I've walked the wrong path too long."

“And lastly, are you truly devoted to this way of life? Prepared to take any vows involved with ordination and commit oneself to this lifetime bond with the Lord Almighty?”

"Yes, certainly."

“Wonderful ! I think we are finished here, dear brother.” he says as he gestures you out of the room with a smirk, “This shall be brought to Bishop Alfred in no time. You shall hear word of your acceptance and placement soon enough.” he nods before saying finally, “God bless you.” as you walk out and say so in return.

[!] Letter should arrive in one Saint's day, stating your position in the Holy Mother Church.

Acolyte Cyran

“How old are you?”

Twenty-two

Human

I am!

I am!

Indeed.

I do not.

Priest, please.

Patriarchate of Jorenus

I have always sought to serve the word of Godan and the path which has been displayed before me. I have never known otherwise.  

I am