Botany Announcement IV

Sorcerio

Please make the cooldowns more reasonable or make the nodes personal instead of global. I don't want to vortex grind for roleplay. Thanks for finally getting everything implemented.

Still can't see to find many nodes, but I guess I should keep looking.

Question: Deep's Gleam is found underwater, has that been achieved with the node? Or will they appear near water sources instead?

8 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

Please make the cooldowns more reasonable or make the nodes personal instead of global. I don't want to vortex grind for roleplay. Thanks for finally getting everything implemented.

in rp shouldnt your character have to walk somewhere and harvest a rare resource cited in lore to do alchemy

2 hours ago, Priceflash said:

in rp shouldnt your character have to walk somewhere and harvest a rare resource cited in lore to do alchemy

A lot of herbs are common in-lore though. If they had varied cooldowns that would make sense.

3 hours ago, Priceflash said:

hard to RP when you're all alone. The game actively reminds you that your emotes are fruitless. I feel like mechanics that encourage folks to wander alone to a location repeatedly are inferior to actual encouragement of exploration and whatnot, stuff that fellas might enjoy more, stuff that you could write into a character journal much easier.

12 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

11 hours ago, Luciloo said:

Still can't see to find many nodes, but I guess I should keep looking.

Question: Deep's Gleam is found underwater, has that been achieved with the node? Or will they appear near water sources instead?

ATM placement is nearly done- we've finished the warps and builds, and should have all of the nodes out in the next day or so with our taskforce we've put on the job. We'll monitor herb output for some time, and adjust what is necessary no doubt- I want people roleplaying with these things rather than being forced to be taken out of roleplay for so long to get them. 

Deeps Gleam and Amberriddle I believe Pund is about to approach you with, along with considering wider concerns- should you have any, regarding the concern of un-noding them.

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

hard to RP when you're all alone. The game actively reminds you that your emotes are fruitless. I feel like mechanics that encourage folks to wander alone to a location repeatedly are inferior to actual encouragement of exploration and whatnot, stuff that fellas might enjoy more, stuff that you could write into a character journal much easier.

TFW you emote when you're all alone because that's just what you do when you're out in the wilderness and you don't see the phrase "Nobody heard you..."

Does this mean that the freeze on submitting new herb lore is still in effect, or no?

3 hours ago, Sphookas said:

Does this mean that the freeze on submitting new herb lore is still in effect, or no?

Our last mag is nearly complete, and new botany submissions will be reopened. Do keep in mind that future submissions will face higher scrutiny in order to have this situation not repeat itself. 

On 1/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, SquakHawk said:

ATM placement is nearly done- we've finished the warps and builds, and should have all of the nodes out in the next day or so with our taskforce we've put on the job. We'll monitor herb output for some time, and adjust what is necessary no doubt- I want people roleplaying with these things rather than being forced to be taken out of roleplay for so long to get them. 

Deeps Gleam and Amberriddle I believe Pund is about to approach you with, along with considering wider concerns- should you have any, regarding the concern of un-noding them.

Can the alchemy herbs nodes be personal instead of global? We are taken out of roleplay for a long search just to then be like "nope, already taken by someone else" 

8 hours ago, MissToni said:

Can the alchemy herbs nodes be personal instead of global? We are taken out of roleplay for a long search just to then be like "nope, already taken by someone else" 

Currently in progress, right now Personal Nodes don't function. When they briefly did, the server slowed to .5tps for ~8h before it was rolled back. Currently Rocky is spread thin and focusing on releasing Vortex and getting it properly out, but we're looking for other solutions in the meantime.