THEOPHILOS’S MISSION TO DOBROV

dmitris

THEOPHILOS’S MISSION TO DOBROV

WF6w9S5ywh_0-2nO1dlvjsi3z3qg4e1qLjfY55Au1bqmot-Wfs-o3uzMFBgWRj56YkVblbnXDqJFWf1qOpBVPsnCcGdnHLoa9PVfPsVTmgZmbt9YdA8klp8fI2eO8YMec2CJ_VX1

1803, 12th of the Deep Cold, 356 ES

CJFlif4k5cMFRRBf58YOps3PyXwwXpjgzMP3xfe2dUVgA9wGEN-hnMfs8qCYvkEKtdgHzI03VTk27v8VJhYFhoQQrBdo7nOHSnfzPnl55XgGRf-AWVps6tRmwldhSxwWlukWwOel

I personally thank his Holiness, Owyn III for entrusting me with a mission of his to discuss the possibility of establishing a Diocese in the town, namely Dobrov, which is led by a man called Ostromir, under the Holy Orenian Empire.

Initially, I took with me two new Armigers of the Supreme Order, Alfonso Altamirano and Santiago Chicote, which I thought it’d be good to have them with me, as part of one of their initiation missions within the Order. Walking along the coast close to Providence, and with the help of a map, we eventually reached our designated location, a hilltop area with a forest around. It seemed quite hidden from the rest of the known places, as finding it took some of our time. 

Though, our first impression of the town wasn’t quite what we expected, upon our arrival, we saw a town with unfinished buildings and a wall, and the town seemingly empty of any signs of life. We’ve decided that it’d be good to head to the local tavern and take a rest, while we wait for some time, in case any individual shows up. But to our surprise, even after a long chatter between ourselves, no single soul showed up. It was then decided that we should head back to Karosgrad, and possibly try our luck next time. Also, that caught my attention was a well-made statue resembling its lord, with a placette below, ‘Ostromir’ engraved on it.

A couple Saint’s days ago, I was wandering around Providence, when I saw a man with identical features to that of the statue, and decided to approach him. He generally seemed like a thin and somewhat frail man, with visibly tired eyes. My first move was to initiate the conversation and introduce myself to him. Finding out that he’s the Lord of Dobrov, I then decided to express my will to discuss matters of the faith, something which frankly he didn’t really seem to be interested in, though, was willing to hear me out. As the discussion went on, I found out that the man held and still holds grudges against his Holiness, Owyn III, stating that he’s not worthy of the position considering rumored past actions. I will not state anything else said, other than that he was not at all fond about the current High Pontiff, but I may say that most of what was said stems from past actions, apparently. Not only that, but it seems that Father Dima is his son, and with the disunity that currently harms the cohesion of the Church, Ostromir has expressed that he does not wish any Diocese to be established, while his Holiness Owyn III retains his position, mainly because it may get an unfavorable Bishop appointed to it. Though, he expressed that if the choice of selecting who may look after the Diocese is feasible, there may be talks for compromise in that case.

CJFlif4k5cMFRRBf58YOps3PyXwwXpjgzMP3xfe2dUVgA9wGEN-hnMfs8qCYvkEKtdgHzI03VTk27v8VJhYFhoQQrBdo7nOHSnfzPnl55XgGRf-AWVps6tRmwldhSxwWlukWwOel

@Draeris@Lhindir_@dmitris

Te Deum.

EQUESTER-IMPERATOR

Theophilos Komnenos-Arianites

Edited by dmitris

Bishop Otho of Valwyck read the document and shifted his gaze to his fellow clergymen, saying "Hes the Father of that Dima. Ofcourse he doesnt want a diocese enstablished. A man that prioretises statues of his image for personal glory, over building churches and allowing clergy to guide his subjects, is not Virtuous enough. He simply wishes to appoint heretical clergy, instead of allowing our Holy Mother Church to perform her duties. Shame to this man! I will pray for his soul."