Letter to the Hefrumm

Nooblius

Letter to the Hefrumm

Honored Sons and Daughters of Gloin, I pen this letter towards your folk to more clearly and accurately describe the policies regarding the Hefrumm that I hold, and to outline why you can trust me as Grand King.

When I was a beardling in the War of the Beards, I ran away, abandoning dwarfdom with great disappointment, believing us to have failed Lord Yemekar’s design in our mass kinslay. For over a century did I roam the wilderness, brooding over the fate of the dwarves. I had completely lost faith in all dwarves, be they from Kaz’Ulrah or Arcadia, and this distrust maintained well past the destruction of both and reformation of Urguan. Nothing would soften my heart, not until I had heard the news of a newly named Paragon, the caring Bjor Cottonwood who had led a life of peace and humility and finally sacrificed it for the dwarven people. I was awestruck, inspired by what I heard, and wrote up a ballad in his honor, determining for it to be the first of my many songs to ever be heard by another soul. And it was that song that was the first words I uttered in Urguan, in praise and adoration of the Paragon Bjor.

Since then, I have maintained a vested interest in the Hefrumm, participating in its culture more than a vast majority of other mountain or cave dwarves. I attend meetings, feasts, ceremonies, and rituals, and encourage the unique traditions of the Seers. The Folk of Hefrumm know my name well, it has served them on countless occasions. I know not by inference but by experience what they have been promised but predecessors failed to deliver, what would hurt their community and what would aid them. For that reason, I write this letter to clearly outline my policies regarding the Hefrumm so there shall be no mistake in its peoples’ eyes that I know their needs and am willing to fight for them just as much as my cavern kin.

Outlined in the already proposed policies I have put forward in my agenda is the expansion of Hefrumm’s borders to the West and the expansion of their forest. The Forest Folk of Urguan have little forest and live instead on the sides of cliffs with little workable land, yet despite this, they are asked to pay 150 minas tax per stone week as a Hold. The Hold tax was levied on the Hefrumm similarly as we would levy on a guild a tax for access to fields, however, Hefrumm has hardly any fields or means to provide goods and services. For this reason, they are due an expansion of their borders and an exemption of the tax until their new land is properly terraformed and workable. Furthermore, their boat should be offered to them either at a decreased rate of taxation or none at all, as they already pay the Hold Tax which ought to include the boat as it is a means of their production as a Hold. 

Regarding the greater autonomy of the Hefrumm, as Grand King I would not create new limits on the High Chief’s ability to lead their people, only create new opportunities and freedom available so that Hefrumm can operate within its borders as it wishes. It is of my opinion that the market stalls of Hefrumm should be made untaxed by the greater Grand Kingdom and kept under direct and absolute management of the Hefrumm and her institutions, just as it was in the lands prior. Hefrumm shall under my watch see no moves to diminish its authorities to develop its own lands so long as it pays the Hold Tax and housing taxes. 

As far as its representation, it shall as always be left up to the Forest Clans of Hefrumm if they choose to be represented individually or as a Union, but as a Union of Clans, I shall continue to support them as I have in the past to be represented by a greater voting power as appropriate with their multitude of Clan Cultures.

The culture of Hefrumm is what marks its identity, it must be recognized and allowed to prosper by the Grand Kingdom. As Grand King, I would encourage the entirety of the Khazadmar to do as I have and visit and pay respects at the feasts of the Hefrumm just as they do the feasts of Kal’Darakaan, and even host feasts in direct cooperation of one another, promoting a stronger unity between the communities of dwarves.

Folk of the Hefrumm, when you vote ask yourself who is it that knows your culture and who is it that learns it only now at the urgent time of the election, and who is more likely to consider the ramifications of their policies on Hefrumm.

Signed,

Norli Starbreaker

Bernabeu Ireheart would sniff the desperation and insecurity in the air "Dis stinks." he grimaced.

Ulvi Treebeard shrugs letting out an ideal remark as she catches wind of the letter as she does her chores around the house "I alreadeh voted for da green fella" with that she returns to the housework

[!] Grumblingly the ancient dwarf felt betrayed by the mighty words of Norli, for his cloudy eyes did not read about any snail policy he was promised. With his men and mossy cane in hand, the elder dwarf would make way, to storm the office of the Starbreaker! With his snails already gathering at the wooden door of his office. 

Baldin Frostbeard frowns when he reads the letter while he sits on the Hefrumm throneroom "Usin tha good name ef Bjor fer yer political goals...tha es shameful. En yer letter ye try to seem caring givin Hefrumm 'fair' options. Truth es whot es right fer 'efrumm es whotever they decide. They do net need anyone giving them the options, they know tha law and tha procedure they would need tu use to change et ef needs be. Tha policies ye propose ar jest tha, proposals. They will still need to be voted en by tha council, which means tha et es irrelevant ef ye become king er net. 'efrumm es net a plant en yer garden tha ye can take care ef and grow, et es a wild bush tha can onleh prosper ef ye touch et as little as possible. Ef 'efrumm needs policies 'efrumm will propose them. Et es true ye kno about 'efrumm aye, so does tha wolf kno about tha goat. Yer net an evil dwed, bat yer actions towards 'efrumm 'ave always seemed tu be weth ulterior motives like en thes message when ye appeal to Paragon Bjor Cottonwood's legacy."