[✓] [General Lore] Voidal Connection

Sorcerio

voidal magic bad but this is more reminiscent of Phil's lore. much better than current stuff. +1

though tbh i would extend the maximum armor a 3 month mage could wear to half-plate. i don't see a problem w/ giving them at least a little plate.

Edited by CaesarTheFirst

At long last.

Void magic's still lame though))

real philposting hours

if you don't agree with my freedom of teaching magic to every last person on the server you are the Phil you evil man pund

3 minutes ago, Jentos said:

real philposting hours

if you don't agree with my freedom of teaching magic to every last person on the server you are the Phil you evil man pund

Like father, like son !_! 

On Weaponry

Mages cannot effectively wield heavy weapons such as claymores, polearms, zweihanders, etc., as their arm strength cannot support the armament. Other weapons that require a greater amount of accuracy or dexterity, such as rapiers or estocs, would tire the mage after a few emotes of consistent use, though may be used moderately well in that brief period of time, perhaps around five or six emotes. After this, they would likely be too fatigued to fight effectively using melee combat. Weapons cannot be wielded in tandem with spellcasting, the exception to this being enchantments. 

I can agree that heavier weapons should not be able to be used, but this limitation on light weaponry is nonsensical, given the types of armors mages are capable of wearing freely. Allow the free use of light weaponry, within reason, given that mages are also being handicapped a bit more in this connection rewrite. 

I'd also argue that lighter polearms should be allowed, but I'll leave that to your discretion. #MakeStavesGreatAgain

I'd also argue that, as per previous lore, high tier mages should be able to perform minor dodges without breaking connection. Nothing like huge combat rolls, but smaller movements to evade blade strikes and such should be on the table. 

Otherwise, p good lore. I just think it has some issues that need rectified.