In Pursuit of Diligent Progress

thiccpazuzu

[!] A rather long letter, scribbled in a very neat yet slanted writing over a piece of high quality paper would be nailed on the information board at the entrance of San’evarir. Frequent visitors would’ve been able to tell it covered the place where once the name of the Tilruir’naelu stood, now removed.

aaaa.png.8783ef72a591161d4776ffbd47da5707.png.61d5080253ff107ab8d3b9bb0df4d3b9.png

The pursuit of progress is half of the philosophy of life that all true Mali’thill follow, not only for the betterment of their own persons, but for the improvement of the lives of their kin. Ever since the Revolution, progress was being made. Slowly, timidly, sometimes it seemed that we were stagnating, sometimes that we were faltering. But are we really to blame ourselves or the past councilors? Sure, some may have shown more lack of ability than others, but consider the following: The Diarchy operated for approximately 80 years. Having lived for so long without a voice, is our inexperience in recreating and refining a democratic republic not understandable? To reform the democracy after being mauled for eight decades, all the while having to deal with outside threats, in thirty years may be a feat impossible even to the ablest of Mali’thill. Our fears, reluctances, setbacks, are all a necessary step for progress, which was being made. While on the go we were learning once more to speak; but there were a great many voices, some urging for more caution while others for a faster pace, for more change. But in the early days of the Republic, stability was also a necessity. It is thusly understandable that some voices were not listened to as much as others. In many regards, this system we’ve been trying seems chaotic. But I’d argue it’s to our betterment still. It means there are many opinions circulating, it means we, Mali’thill, think. Still, we’ve proven our capability to adapt, we’ve survived our democratic infancy. The pace of progress was growing. Was... Unfortunately, the disregard for some opinions has left some to feel bitter, and with the departure of Maheral Ikur Sullas, they’ve grown louder and louder. In their fury, they’ve blinded themselves to the signs of danger that, upon retrospection, were evident. Politicians promising purity, unity and a halt to stagnation were voted into power. I know I did support a couple. Shame to me that I did not see it then, when all of this could’ve been avoided. Since the beginning of the tenureship of the new Sohaer, extremists have grown in power with each passing day, profiting off the injustices felt by many, ever exploiting. Individuals that were not there when the first pillars of the Republic were erected, individuals with a misunderstanding of democracy and of Mali’thill ideals. In the last couple of years, nigh on all the opposition has been driven out. Recently, were it not for the intervention of the Malauriran, the Maheral would’ve appointed an Okarir without an election, the first such incident since the foundation of the Republic. Now, Mali’thill are bribed into getting married and making children, doctrines are written advocating for using lessers as test subjects and propaganda is spread as fact. This is not progress. Progress has ceased, and we are now in a period of regress. The extremists have now factually gained control over the entire Heial’thilln.

It is in this context that I, Maenor Aildhuin, announce my official resignation from the position of Tilruir’naelu and eventual departure from Karinah’siol, for here, now, there can be no progress, there is no progress and, at least in the near future, there will be no progress. I will not tell you, whatever good-willed Mali’thill still reside within the Silver City, whether or not you too should depart. These choices are best made by the concerned individual. I will tell you, however, not to despair, whatever paths you choose. If history is to teach us one thing, it is that such systems and ideologies built on hate do not last. They lack a certain vitality, they lack innovation, much as a leech cannot sip on the blood of the victim forever.  Extremism has fallen before, it will fall again. One can only hope that once that happens, we would’ve learned something, we would’ve learned to better guard, protect and respect our dear Republic.

As a final address to those that are seeking to undermine progress, eternal shame to you all. May the scorn of your fellow kin forever haunt you. May the stench of your hypocrisy extend throughout the entire continent and may you find misfortune in all the endeavors that you will ever undertake. May the consequences of your actions be taught till the end of days and for the disdain towards you all to be shared by all the generations that cometh after. Eternal shame.

divleyu’ito nae’leh y Mali’thill ilumrae.

11th of the First Seed, 1804 

bbbeS8bHt6kP8gEPW0Yl5aCsRnEl76yzp71V-eLtU2z-24RIlQJbQ6ZEZH6-evq7nCOhOOkkqwoSq2cXSLJrr8XPjRw8Q6P2DvQ6JU4iAz2gSWHGst41kLLa4Yq3wyv1Gn5Z8iY7

aaaa.png.8783ef72a591161d4776ffbd47da5707.png.444e247ce79fb1d01d5625718155e119.png

[!] What followed was another message, this one shorter, this one replacing that of the Okarir’maehr and her contact details alongside Aildhuin’s upon the Eternal College Bulletin.

aaaa.png.8783ef72a591161d4776ffbd47da5707.png.7596c165975251b4d5a4fb25bd37bfdc.png

Maheral iheiuhii'Larihei san inde'kaean'ito Haelun'or salumeyae reweliereyae'ehya iyulhalereyae myumiereyae..
ito ata'leh iylperithneae annilere ker’ento.

naean o ito iylfin? diviyat yallreyae, il'ikru suliereyae, ay'adri vuldontereyae. ito kae halernan Vihai anah il’aneh ehiere vulleyae chule’ehya avere walehe. heialonn vanan'ayla suliere ker’ento.

divleyu'ito nae'leh y Mali'thill ilumrae.

The Translation: I am resigning. I will see all of you around.

11th of the First Seed, 1804

K6YAh1eWLhEZU99jNUhVNy9R_7ScHYAPYIaz3Nf8gXkFXSMxfTtq13vXh6eXXW9frOYXGTglZREXDaxHLa0trlJUAbK4mBcB1DD6OSHe86V7r5qzjwif5Yhy0q05PrGwV22Mb0Jc

aaaa.png.8783ef72a591161d4776ffbd47da5707.png.c3e58409e6a60dc43e2f7d3901d892ee.png

Spoiler

@Stumpye it has been done ;_;

"What a long winded post for some unelected state helper to make. At least our Okarir'maehr had enough class to keep theirs concise, if only they didn't publish it in a language nobody could read. The inefficiencies of the library are apparent. As usual, during times of change the unhelpful elements in Haelun'or see themselves out." Othelu remarked, tearing down the subversive content for delivery to the sitting Sohaer.

Kiljarys pondered the missive upon his latest visit to San'evarir, having found it upon the bulletin board therein. 

"Weep not for those who dare, but for those who dared not. You will choke on your words of surrender."

[!] Upon noticing the torn pieces of paper, the ex-tilruir'naelu, before departing, would've used up the entire paper reserve of San'evarir to print an uncountable amount of copies, enthusiastic children delivering them to all the residents of Karinah'siol.

[!] Heavy hearted Aymon would pin his own small note that reads:

To whomever it may concern:

It pains me to say but I shall be following my colleague's because after all 'Haelun'or is where the students of Larihei reside.' this has motivated me to follow my fellow lliran to other lands.

I say this with a heavy heart:

Any of you who have grown fond of me, I apologize and hope to see you on the other side of this momentous change. I will forever be grateful for what this city has given me and I wish it nothing but progress and success. However I can ne stand by and allow oppressive forces, one must be allowed to ask hard questions it is how society and the mind progress.

lliran van'ayla. maehr'sae hiylun'ehya.

48 minutes ago, thiccpazuzu said:

[!] Upon noticing the torn pieces of paper, the ex-tilruir'naelu, before departing, would've used up the entire paper reserve of San'evarir to print an uncountable amount of copies, enthusiastic children delivering them to all the residents of Karinah'siol.

Upon Seth being swarmed as he tried to leave his home by children attempting to handing him stack and stack of the same damm letter he would tell the children sternly to leave him alone!.. Which would only make them even more eager to deliver letters to him, not at a distance as thrown balls of paper! This would of course cease when he protecting himself with the citizenry door.

[!] Upon seeing the text, the ghost of Talia Haearhilla Maith Maehr'tehral the 1st would reminisce on the times she had with Maenor

"Farewell . . . old friend"

*Having heard the news from others fleeing to Haense, Alad would listen*

"Ah. Though I thought of Maenor as an academic rival, I always looked to his better judgment."

*Alad would wonder where he is.*

"Tell Maenor that if he is ever in Haense, he is welcome to come by for a cup of tea. I wish I would have known about this before they tried to murder me for giving out 10% coupons."

"I hope Haelun'or doesn't go down the acid pit rabbit hole. The mentioned the pit in the court case. They wonder why their population shrinks when they expel nearly any business for mere association. Threatening people with punishment if they leave is representative of their totalitarian state."