[✗] [Magic Lore][Misc] Astral Sorcery

Mr. Etan

49 minutes ago, Vaynth said:

@altiar1011
You made some good points about the Lunarite casting implements making the books too protected, so we've decided to remove them all together. In addition to this we included that Astral Sorcerers cannot wear more than half-plate armor (wearing too much metal will disrupt the flow of mana to the glyphs) and both hands must be preoccupied with casting. I think having a sole flammable casting implement will fix many of the issues you presented.

The healing spells will not have the ability to fix any kind of of internal bleeding or complications. It's really not that strong. Cosmetic flaws are being considered.

We have adding that the barriers can shattered with powerful blasts of energy-based attacks, through they will absorb the initial shock.

The cosmic blade isn't made of fire it's pretty much like you took a regular metal sword and held it over a fire to make it hot upon contact. We've added that it takes the form of a chosen single handed blade, one those you could find easily in the world. It can't do anything special it just gets hot with extra emotes as stated before. It being similar but not the same to an existing spell doesn't seem like an issue.

The debuff field has to be telegraphed before it is cast. It will be very obvious and easy to avoid- directly in front of the caster. We've added that it is projected directly to the ground, so projectiles will not be affected. It will be sort of like walking in sludge.

The bolt spell is being reworked to align better with similar existing spells, and the "war hammer" reference is being removed because I also thought that was silly and inaccurate to the strength the spell should be able to have.

Also we've now added actual tiers to spells.

Good stuff. That's p much everything I was concerned about. Loremag will decide the rest.

<3 

This would be a very cool magic for Kharajyr I just realized

2 hours ago, chaosgamer_ said:

This would be a very sexy magic for Kharajyr I just realized

Please never use the word "sexy" to describe anything to do with cat people.

41 minutes ago, Mavromino said:

okay fair point

+1

+1 this lore is epic i hope the lt accept this masterpiece the lore writer himself is amazing

I just read this and I absolutely love this concept. It's unique and well thought out, I also like the self-teach option to avoid monopolization of the magic. +10000 will be trying to find these libraries if accepted

As a former arcanist, I've been missing something to fill that hole that the shelving left behind. This was beautifully-done. +1

22 hours ago, Mavromino said:

hard pass brother

tenor.gif

Honestly a very unique and well thought out magic that I think supplements the changes that have happened within the voidal lore regarding some magics being gone. 

This offers a fresh and new spin on magic that I think can be very pivotal for the magic community and server in it's entirety!
Super excited to see where it goes +1 

This magic matches up perfectly with the culture of the character I'm playing. I hope this magic passes ASAP, it compliments Rhenyari culture so well. +1 @Vaynth and @Toxcat , great writing!