PRIMUS OECUMENICUS CONSILIUM ALBAROSA - 1804, 357 ES

Draeris

Francisco would rise up from his seat, and would clear his throat, "I say nay, for the four proposals brought forth by Basil" Francisco would retake his seat.

10 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

Father Dima Carrion stood up to speak,

"While I do believe this ecumenical council to be rushed in the first 'phase' compared to that of the ecumenical coucil I attended under James II-- for what sake I do not understand-- I want to state that while it may be possible for Queen Viktoria to be a blessed, it is against Canon Law to even suggest she is. According to Canon Law, Chapter 4 §3, a Blessed must, "Have been deceased for more than five years,". While I have never met Queen Viktoria, who might I add is my aunt to show familial ties to her, to claim she is blessed is invalid as she has not passed in 1802 and it is 1804. And again, there are no stated miracles attributed to Queen Viktoria. Should you want to change the Canon Law for either of these reasons, I would be more than happy to vote, however, as of now, it is against Canon Law. So, again, I advocate for her veneration alongside the addition of Queen Maya of Muldav who is a just woman. I also call for the council to spend more time deliberating as this mistake is glaring and yet there are already votes on the issue. Do we wish for an ecumenical council to be guided by the Lord...? Then let us think before acting, brothers.

Dima peered into the eyes of Owyn III as he said his words, sitting down right after.

Reveal hidden contents
1 - The beatification of Queen Viktoria var Ruthern is invalid because she has passed within two years opposed to the five required. She also has no miracles attributed to her.
  Reveal hidden contents

§3. In order to be considered for beatification must: 

1. Have been deceased for more than five years,
  2. Be a Canonist, or proven to be so after death,
  3. Have lived a holy life,
  4. Have one verified miracle attributed to their intercession after death 

2 - The urging for the veneration of Queen Maya of Muldav to the Cardinals.

3 - Allowing for the ecumenical council to have more time taken for it to show errors made by clergy be resolved.

"Woops." says Ailred solemnly. 

Adelric traces Ailred's paper, while the two chill in the fields of Reinmar.

Ailred Adelric votes:

I). To receive a mandate to completely overhaul the structuring & typography of the current Canon Law.

- ABSTAIN

II). To add a stipulation to Canon Law that makes the (Princely) Archdioceses of Providentia, Jorenus & Albarosa permanent within the Holy Mother Church, in name and in scope. 

- NAY

III). To update the definitions in Book II, Title II. Chapter III., expanding the Curia roles currently present & outlining their tasks more concretely. This involves the addition of the new roles already granted, and to add onto the existing descriptions the de facto tasks of each curia role as well. 

- AYE

IV). To change in Book IV, Title IV, Chapter III., that only one attributable miracle is necessary for sainthood: as not all current saints have two.

- NAY

V). To add in Book V, Title II, Chapter I that inciting sedition against, questioning the legitimacy of or conspiring to harm the High Pontiff commits a crime and excommunicates himself automatically. This would involve a law stipulation that specifies what circumstances would justify such: such as disputing a legitimate election, or inciting violence against the High Pontiff as a person.

- NAY

VI). To add in Book V, Title II a chapter that describes Papal Briefs. 

- NAY

VII). To overhaul Book VI, Title II. Chapter III., rendering Minor Bulls ‘Archdiocesan Decrees’ and further streamlining them with the Golden Bulls of His Holiness.

- AYE

VIII). [REMOVED]

IX). To add in BOOK VII, Title I, that the High Pontiff may, on his own accord, assume the role of judge within a trial, and overturn the ruling of a lesser judge with a majority of the cardinals backing such. This would require prior approval from the College of Cardinals and should principally be only used in severely important procedures. 

- NAY

XIV). Basil's proposal to remove interdiction

- AYE

XV). Basil's proposal for tithes

- AYE

XVI). Basil's proposal for new laws pertaining to the rebuking of the High Pontiff.

- NAY

XVII). Basil's proposal pertaining to indulgences.

- NAY

1 hour ago, JoanOfArc said:

Father Dima Carrion stood up to speak,

"While I do believe this ecumenical council to be rushed in the first 'phase' compared to that of the ecumenical coucil I attended under James II-- for what sake I do not understand-- I want to state that while it may be possible for Queen Viktoria to be a blessed, it is against Canon Law to even suggest she is. According to Canon Law, Chapter 4 §3, a Blessed must, "Have been deceased for more than five years,". While I have never met Queen Viktoria, who might I add is my aunt to show familial ties to her, to claim she is blessed is invalid as she has not passed in 1802 and it is 1804. And again, there are no stated miracles attributed to Queen Viktoria. Should you want to change the Canon Law for either of these reasons, I would be more than happy to vote, however, as of now, it is against Canon Law. So, again, I advocate for her veneration alongside the addition of Queen Maya of Muldav who is a just woman. I also call for the council to spend more time deliberating as this mistake is glaring and yet there are already votes on the issue. Do we wish for an ecumenical council to be guided by the Lord...? Then let us think before acting, brothers.

Dima peered into the eyes of Owyn III as he said his words, sitting down right after.

Reveal hidden contents
1 - The beatification of Queen Viktoria var Ruthern is invalid because she has passed within two years opposed to the five required. She also has no miracles attributed to her. He calls for her veneration instead.
  Reveal hidden contents

§3. In order to be considered for beatification must: 

1. Have been deceased for more than five years,
  2. Be a Canonist, or proven to be so after death,
  3. Have lived a holy life,
  4. Have one verified miracle attributed to their intercession after death 

2 - The urging for the veneration of Queen Maya of Muldav to the Cardinals.

3 - Allowing for the ecumenical council to have more time taken for it so that the errors made by clergy be resolved.

"I thank Father Dima Tyuvic for his attentiveness on the matter. Chamberlain Carlos @Proddy shall verify the date of her death accordingly, and shall then be removed from the list. It is for this reason exactly that we keep all documents of this council publicly."

16 minutes ago, Draeris said:

"I thank Father Dima Tyuvic for his attentiveness on the matter. Chamberlain Carlos @Proddy shall verify the date of her death accordingly, and shall then be removed from the list. It is for this reason exactly that we keep all documents of this council publicly."

"Tuvyic" Dima emphasized to point out the pronunciation mistake, having a light smile on his face as he did so, "Carrion-Tuvyic."

Edited by JoanOfArc

12 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

"Tuvyic" Dima emphasized to point out the pronunciation mistake, having a light smile on his face as he did so, "Carrion-Tuvyic."

Owyn III smiled back as he said "Tuvyic", before presenting the new tally.

I). To receive a mandate to completely overhaul the structuring & typography of the current Canon Law.

AYE:

Abbot Antonius Mihailo Visconti

Sanctitas Pontifex Maximus Owyn III

Monsignor Robert de Bourdon

Father Lajos Sandor Károly

NAY:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Francisco Episcopus Hyspia

Alfred Episcopus Henrikev

Manfried Cardinalis Providentia

Vicary Episcopus Rochefort

Benedict Cardinalis Jorenus

ABSTAIN:

Ailred Cardinalis Reinmar

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

II). To add a stipulation to Canon Law that makes the (Princely) Archdioceses of Providentia, Jorenus & Albarosa permanent within the Holy Mother Church, in name and in scope. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

III). To update the definitions in Book II, Title II. Chapter III., expanding the Curia roles currently present & outlining their tasks more concretely. This involves the addition of the new roles already granted, and to add onto the existing descriptions the de facto tasks of each curia role as well. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

IV). To change in Book IV, Title IV, Chapter III., that only one attributable miracle is necessary for sainthood: as not all current saints have two.

AYE:

NAY:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

V). To add in Book V, Title II, Chapter I that inciting sedition against, questioning the legitimacy of or conspiring to harm the High Pontiff commits a crime and excommunicates himself automatically. This would involve a law stipulation that specifies what circumstances would justify such: such as disputing a legitimate election, or inciting violence against the High Pontiff as a person.

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

VI). To add in Book V, Title II a chapter that describes Papal Briefs. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

VII). To overhaul Book VI, Title II. Chapter III., rendering Minor Bulls ‘Archdiocesan Decrees’ and further streamlining them with the Golden Bulls of His Holiness.

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

VIII). [REMOVED]

IX). To add in BOOK VII, Title I, that the High Pontiff may, on his own accord, assume the role of judge within a trial, and overturn the ruling of a lesser judge with a majority of the cardinals backing such. This would require prior approval from the College of Cardinals and should principally be only used in severely important procedures. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

XIV). Basil's proposal to remove interdiction

AYE:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

XV). Basil's proposal for tithes

AYE:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

XVI). Basil's proposal for new laws pertaining to the rebuking of the High Pontiff.

AYE:

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

XVII). Basil's proposal pertaining to indulgences.

AYE:

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

----CARDINALS ONLY VOTE----

X). Although it is within the High Pontiff’s authority to venerate any Canonist at will, His Holiness seeks to gain popular approval for his nominees regardless: 

X.I).Empress Anne the August of Novellen 

AYE:

NAY:

Pelagius Cardinalis Albarosa

X.II). His Holiness the High Pontiff James II PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.III). His Holiness the High Pontiff Pontian III PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.IV). Governor-General Richard de Reden REJECTED

AYE:

NAY:

X.V). Vicar Lemuel de Langford REJECTED

AYE:

NAY:

X.VI). Father Pius of Sutica PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.VII). Anton Barclay PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

XI). To beautify
XI.I). Cardinal Erasmus von Getreide of Ves

AYE:

NAY:

XI.II). Queen Viktoria var Ruthern of Haense [REMOVED]

-

XI.III). Krisztián Cardinalis Ves

AYE:

NAY:

XI.IV). Queen Maya of Muldav

AYE:

NAY:

XII). To beautify, and then proceed to Canonize
XII.I). Andrik ‘I’ Vydra 
PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

XII.II). John of Carnatia 

AYE:

NAY:

XII.III). Jasper of Renzfeld

AYE:

NAY:

XII.IV). Otto II of Haense

AYE:

NAY:

XIII). To Canonize, 
XIII.I). Vytenis of Luciensport

AYE:

NAY:

XIII.II). High Pontiff Everard II  PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

"It is not in my right to question the divinely appointed Himself but I must question the purpose of His Holiness himself to draft laws excommunicating those questioning the legitimacy of the church mere saint's days before an inquiry into his own legitimacy led by his own curio. Why is such a severe thing as removal of communion with the Church immediate when it is in the interest of all Canonist souls to remain in communion of the faith? Why have this be something outside the realm of reconciliatory penance or judgement of ecclesiastical court? Why does this only arise so close to my own inquiry?"

Father Vic. queries with a raise of his porcine right pinky to the tent-top, darkly bag-framed eyes peeking past his moustache to read from the notes before him. His fork briefly clatters against the table as he sweeps through the reeves with some sceptical glare before finding his next line of query.

"I hasten to further question as to why a cardinal voted against the veneration of two pontiffs while voting for the veneration of two temporal politicians. What is not venerable about leading the faith but venerable about sitting in a house of politics? I would much rather an acolyte or a priest in the least-learned of parishes gain the courage to hit a politician, or even refute him, rather than that he should sit as a cardinal of the faith and venerate him over past fathers of the Church."

"Without any hypothetical to justify this, my hand is forced to yield."

38 minutes ago, frill said:

"It is not in my right to question the divinely appointed Himself but I must question the purpose of His Holiness himself to draft laws excommunicating those questioning the legitimacy of the church mere saint's days before an inquiry into his own legitimacy led by his own curio. Why is such a severe thing as removal of communion with the Church immediate when it is in the interest of all Canonist souls to remain in communion of the faith? Why have this be something outside the realm of reconciliatory penance or judgement of ecclesiastical court? Why does this only arise so close to my own inquiry?"

Father Vic. queries with a raise of his porcine right pinky to the tent-top, darkly bag-framed eyes peeking past his moustache to read from the notes before him. His fork briefly clatters against the table as he sweeps through the reeves with some sceptical glare before finding his next line of query.

"I hasten to further question as to why a cardinal voted against the veneration of two pontiffs while voting for the veneration of two temporal politicians. What is not venerable about leading the faith but venerable about sitting in a house of politics? I would much rather an acolyte or a priest in the least-learned of parishes gain the courage to hit a politician, or even refute him, rather than that he should sit as a cardinal of the faith and venerate him over past fathers of the Church."

"Without any hypothetical to justify this, my hand is forced to yield."

"Auditor, I ask you to read the proposal more carefully. In the situation that they somehow logically lead to your interpretation as spoken, I humbly ask you to convene with me and compare the intention with the interpretation. Because I assure you, this proposal by no means shall lead to the excommunication of those that question the legitimacy of the High Pontiff alone. There are other criteria to be considered as well. Consider it a specification from just 'The Church', to 'The Church & The High Pontiff' as well. The stipulation will not, if it passes this council, lead to the blanket excommunication of dissent: or, be utilized as a weapon against individual dissenters. It is solely meant to close an ecclesiastical loophole our colleagues in the Curia claimed to have been troubled by in prior cases."

Edited by Draeris

Spoiler

Father Dima Carrion casted his voice by both proclaiming aloud for the ecumenical council to hear it--- or more specifically, the Pontifical Chamberlain-- as well as writing down his vote and handing it to the man.

I) No.

II) No.

III) No.

IV) No.

V) No.

VI) No.

VII) No.

VIII) [Removed].

IX) No.

XIV) Yes.

XV) Yes.

XVII) Yes.

Nicolas Barclay sighed and put his hand to his head. "His Excellency, Vicary Episcopus Rochefort, asks questions that I find rather odd, given his position requires of him an extensive understanding of Canon Law. He should know and understand that the vote for rebuke that he has called for is not to determine whether His Holiness is legitimate. He is. He was voted Pontiff by the College in a clear majority. Any vote to rebuke the Pontiff is not to determine his legitimacy, but rather to determine whether the current, legitimate Pontiff should have that title removed from him. If His Holiness was not legitimate, there there would be no reason to rebuke him as he would not be Pontiff in the first place.

"There are those in this chamber who have specifically called our Pontiff illegitmate, but it is not His Excellency.

"I find it odd that the Auditor of the Tribunal sees the proposed punishment as being so severe, when he must know, due to the requirements of his position, that excommunication is automatic by Canon Law for: (1) murder of a child, (2) unrepentant apostacy, (3) unrepentant schismatism, (4) unrepentant heretical actions, (5) conspiracy against the Church, (6) assault against the Pontiff, (7) falsifying miracles, (8) falsifying sacraments, or (9) four consecutive years of personal interdiction. I believe that questioning the legitimacy of a duly elected Pontiff to be akin to many of these breaches of Canon Law.

"Lastly, since His Excellency brought it up, I find it odd that he even thought that he had the authority to call the College to rebuke the High Pontiff. His powers are derived from Books V and VII from Canon Law, whereas the power of rebuke comes only to the College of Cardinals. By all means, I encourage the College to constantly hold up the Pontiff to scrutiny, let them vote if need be, but it is not the area of the Auditor of the Tribunal as it has absolutely nothing to do with the ecclesiastical courts.

"Thank you again."

Benedict Cardinal Jorenus makes known his votes on the recent proposal additions: 

For beatification: 
XI.III) Krisztián Cardinalis Ves- NO
XI.IV) Queen Maya of Muldav- NO

For canonization: 
XII.IV) Otto II of Haense- YES 

Basil's proposals: 
XIV) YES
XV) YES
XVI) NO
XVII) NO

Edited by Piov

Father Karl Kortrevich would rise to announce his votes.

Brothers of the Mother Church, My votes are the Following:

I.) Niet I see no reason to change the canon law.

II.) Da the permanence of longstanding Archdiocese like Jorenus is important to Mother church's history and tradition.

III.) Niet additional bureaucracy has no place in the Church and will further distance us from Godani.

IV.) Niet the relaxation of canonization would only degrade the meaning of the future Saints.

V.) Niet this proposition would be dangerous to those within the Church, and could be used as a weapon of partisanship.

VI.) Da I support papal briefs.

VII.) Niet I see no reason to change the current status quo. 

IX.) Niet this would compromise the integrity of the Mother Church's judicial institutions and would empower the pontificate, while taking power away from the Church as a whole.

XIV.) Da

XV.) Da

XVII.) Niet

Edited by Drew2_dude

Owyn III presents the new tally.

I). To receive a mandate to completely overhaul the structuring & typography of the current Canon Law.

AYE:

NAY:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Father Karl Kortrevich

ABSTAIN:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Dima Carrion-Tyuvic

II). To add a stipulation to Canon Law that makes the (Princely) Archdioceses of Providentia, Jorenus & Albarosa permanent within the Holy Mother Church, in name and in scope. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Father Karl Kortrevich

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

III). To update the definitions in Book II, Title II. Chapter III., expanding the Curia roles currently present & outlining their tasks more concretely. This involves the addition of the new roles already granted, and to add onto the existing descriptions the de facto tasks of each curia role as well. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

Father Karl Kortrevich

IV). To change in Book IV, Title IV, Chapter III., that only one attributable miracle is necessary for sainthood: as not all current saints have two.

AYE:

NAY:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

V). To add in Book V, Title II, Chapter I that inciting sedition against, questioning the legitimacy of or conspiring to harm the High Pontiff commits a crime and excommunicates himself automatically. This would involve a law stipulation that specifies what circumstances would justify such: such as disputing a legitimate election, or inciting violence against the High Pontiff as a person.

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

VI). To add in Book V, Title II a chapter that describes Papal Briefs. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Father Karl Kortrevich

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

VII). To overhaul Book VI, Title II. Chapter III., rendering Minor Bulls ‘Archdiocesan Decrees’ and further streamlining them with the Golden Bulls of His Holiness.

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

NAY:

Father Karl Kortrevich

VIII). [REMOVED]

IX). To add in BOOK VII, Title I, that the High Pontiff may, on his own accord, assume the role of judge within a trial, and overturn the ruling of a lesser judge with a majority of the cardinals backing such. This would require prior approval from the College of Cardinals and should principally be only used in severely important procedures. 

AYE:

Otho Episcopus Valwyck

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

XIV). Basil's proposal to remove interdiction

AYE:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

NAY:

XV). Basil's proposal for tithes

AYE:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

NAY:

XVI). Basil's proposal for new laws pertaining to the rebuking of the High Pontiff.

AYE:

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

ABSTAIN:

Father Karl Kortrevich

XVII). Basil's proposal pertaining to indulgences.

AYE:

NAY:

Adelric Episcopus Esbec

Father Karl Kortrevich

----CARDINALS ONLY VOTE----

X). Although it is within the High Pontiff’s authority to venerate any Canonist at will, His Holiness seeks to gain popular approval for his nominees regardless: 

X.I).Empress Anne the August of Novellen 

AYE:

NAY:

X.II). His Holiness the High Pontiff James II PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.III). His Holiness the High Pontiff Pontian III PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.IV). Governor-General Richard de Reden REJECTED

AYE:

NAY:

X.V). Vicar Lemuel de Langford REJECTED

AYE:

NAY:

X.VI). Father Pius of Sutica PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

X.VII). Anton Barclay PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

XI). To beautify
XI.I). Cardinal Erasmus von Getreide of Ves

AYE:

NAY:

XI.II). Queen Viktoria var Ruthern of Haense [REMOVED]

-

XI.III). Krisztián Cardinalis Ves

AYE:

NAY:

XI.IV). Queen Maya of Muldav

AYE:

NAY:

XII). To beautify, and then proceed to Canonize
XII.I). Andrik ‘I’ Vydra 
PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

XII.II). John of Carnatia 

AYE:

NAY:

XII.III). Jasper of Renzfeld

AYE:

NAY:

XII.IV). Otto II of Haense

AYE:

NAY:

XIII). To Canonize, 
XIII.I). Vytenis of Luciensport

AYE:

NAY:

XIII.II). High Pontiff Everard II  PASSED

AYE:

NAY:

Edited by Draeris

Opting to sit in silence and not disrupt the proceedings, Cyril looked upon things quietly. Perhaps it was being shaved that led him to be incognito thus far, but he chose to arise finally - he spoke rather briefly.

"Brothers, I will not assail your sense with long winded speeches to explain each of these:

I.) NAY: There has been no question, until the the Pontiff has been the subject of an inquiry, about the state of Canon law. We recently added many laws and clarified many of these issues at the end of James II's reign, and if Owyn felt so inclined, he could have amended these so called issues he saw not long ago.

II.) Aye: These Archdiocese can easily represent, generally, the largest conglomerations of traditionally Heartlander and Highlander Canonists.

III.) NAY: Simply having those assuming the roles given to them issue a mission statement should make clear what they are doing - why restrict what they do further?

IV.) NAY: It is foolish to make such a sacred matters more lax because there was not due diligence done on affirming miracles of current Saints. It's those Saints that need review, not the measures we have used for time in memorium to decide them!

V.) NAY: Imagine if John of Darfey possessed this power... No. Owyn's conflict of interest here as well, to rush for such a motion before his own inquiry, shows that this is not a matter of reinforcing temporal authority, but his own. This, as well as the first proposal, make this rather apparent.

VI.) Aye: Papal brief are informative.

VII.) NAY: Hardly necessary, simply affirm them in the Bulls should you wish.

IX.) NAY: Had you cited this, the first proposal, and the fifth back to back, one would assume you hold Canon law and its verdicts in contempt. 

XIV.) Aye: A sound idea.

XV.) Aye: Perhaps some clarification is due, though I generally agree.

XVI.) Aye: This proposal addresses the Canon Law question coherently - and legally. I would abstain in favour of another, should one have a simpler or more transparent method is suggested.

XVII.) NAY: Let a sinner do their due penance, let the tithes collect the minae we need.

Seating himself again, having outted himself to his peers, Cyril would keep his arms crossed, eying whomever else spoke afterwards.

Edited by Publius

3 hours ago, Tiresiam said:

High Pontiff Everard II and Adrian I both shake their heads from the Seven Skies, both having been Carrions themselves. "Nobody gives a shite what branch your from son. Never been used and never will."

Father Pius of Sutica, also in the Seven Skies, understands now that people still say stupid things, even in the Skies. He looks down and blesses his old friend Father Dima Carrion-Tuvyic. Then he goes to talk to a King about whom he wrote a detailed biography, Venerable Olivier de Savoie, laughing happily as Olivier corrects all the facts he got wrong.

Edited by thesmellypocket