The Karosgrad Times, 357 E.S.

Sander

Chomsky Regular

Vol. 1 No. 1                               KAROSGRAD, 8 SA/357 ES                       PRICE THREE MINAS

‘I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO AVOID BEING A FAT PRINCE’

For this issue of The Karosgrad Times, reporter Casimir Block has gone out to interview one of the most influential men in Haense, a true man of the moment; Maer Franz Barbanov.

What inspired you to become Maer?
“Well I’ve always been driven by being a royal. I’ve always wanted to avoid being a fat Prince that just sits and does nothing. That’s why I’m a soldier and that’s why I ran for Maer. I want to give back to the people that give their heart and soul to make up the core of this Kingdom.”

You recently became a father, are active in the military, and yet seem to run a very proactive Maership, how do you manage to combine these things?
“Well, I will admit, it does get a bit stressful at times. I’ve always got my daughter, Fenika, with me however, so she doesn’t really get in the way of anything. But apart from that, I suppose I just try my best to dedicate myself to all of my duties.”

What is your view on the relation between being royalty and simultaneously representing the common man?
“Well, in my mind, I don’t really like to consider myself much different. I know there’s some differences that I won’t ever be able to change, but I’m doing my utmost to be on level with the common man as Maer, instead of being a fat aristocrat.”

What do you have planned for the remainder of your term as Maer?
“I’m thinking of throwing a big festival, it’s a matter of figuring out how. I’m also trying to think of more Edicts, but I’d like for people to come to me and voice their concerns, so I can work on implementing changes. I might make an event out of that.”

So aside from a festival, there’s nothing set in stone for the remainder of your tenure?
“I’ve implemented the major things I wanted to do, now is the time for me to open my perspectives and find other things to implement. That’s the goal for the rest of my tenure.”

Do you plan to run again in the next election?
“I absolutely do. I’d love to continue giving back to the common people that are the heart and soul of this nation, so da, I am going for another term as Grand Maer.”

POLITICS

THE KING’S VIEW ON THE NEW PONTIFF - In a brief interview with His Royal Majesty, Josef I, the honest Haeseni monarch reflected on the drama surrounding the Canonist Church in recent years since the ascension of His Holiness Owyn III. The King said that for one, he appreciated the special attention that the new Pontificate seemed to give to Haense, but on the other side that he disapproved of the unrest and property damage that seemed to come with it. When asked whether good King Josef denounced the protesters and rioters that stormed the Karosgrad Cathedral when the Pontiff was inside for a diet, the King chose his words carefully. He stated that he denounced anarchy for he pays strong attention to law and order, but that he also understood peoples complaints and frustrations with the King-Bishop, saying that he himself had a variety of disagreements with the way the Pontiff conducts himself. He concluded the interview by stating that it was not yet the time for any secular authority, himself included, to go against the Pontiff, though that such changes when the safety or livelihoods of his subjects are ever threatened by His Holiness’ actions or policy.

FOREIGN

DWARVES CORONATE NEW MONARCH - Earlier this year, the Dwarves of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan elected and coronated a new Grand King: Norli Starbreaker. Urguan, an elective monarchy since the days of Asulon, is expected to go through some big changes in the years to come as the new Grand King announced a series of reforms pertaining to their guilds and economy among other things during the coronation. The election of Norli, a member of the Starbreaker Clan, was hotly contested by Durorn of the Ireheart clan, a clan that holds considerable power within the Grand Kingdom and especially its military, who many expected would win the election. What this change of power will mean exactly for Urguan and the rest of the world is not yet certain, though some speculate the dwarves will shift their focus away from their military to their economy.

RECREATION

THE KRAWN COMPETITION ((friday the 5th, 5pm EST)) - Palatine Kommissar Marcella Karolina Barclay recently announced the first of a series of competitions organized by the Crown is to be held. The competition will be to promote Haeseni culture and art, specifically challenging contestants to design attire in the traditional Ruskan fashion. Aside from all submissions being displayed in the gallery of the winter palace in Karosgrad, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive 150, 100 and 50 minas respectively, atop of a free commission to Barclay Waffen for the first place winner. Aspiring contestants have 10 months left to submit their work.

ECONOMY

AVERAGE PRICES
Animal Hide - 0.75 Minas                                    0.0%
Book - 0.2 Minas                                                 -55.5%
Book & Quill - 1.75 Minas                                   0.0%
Bread - 0.1 Minas                                                 0.0%
Ferrum Ingot - 1.25 Minas                                 +30.2%
Fleece - 0.3 Minas                                              +50%
Steak - 0.25 Minas                                                0.0%
Wool - 0.25 Minas                                                0.0%

JOB OFFERS AND ADVERTISEMENTS

CALLIBAN WEAPONS
-IN3vd3noN3rgzN9MoR8UG4Z2dOVHR0Jrjg24V3BbxY8egcxy9pI2DB-FYf2EBx_p-mZtVKjXfodgMLyQHjt8cVDdcW63BWHn_k0h5sz3UQiyA-PddIfsy6QhgP7vT-ceQbx0XKY

“Have you recently taken a look at your weapon and wondered why you’re still running around with  standard-issue arms? Yes? Well you’re at the right adres! I am Zodd Calliban and I’ve been smithing for roughly a century, a time during which I perfected my skill in the forge! If you commission a piece of metalwork from me, I not only guarantee you great quality, but also that there’ll be nobody with a weapon quite like yours, as all of my works are custom-made! What are you waiting for?! Commission your arms TODAY!”

Contact Editor Casimir Block ((Discord: Sander#0004)) if you wish to have a job offer or an advertisement for your business placed here.

QUIZ

Who was the inventor of the popular game ‘Haeseni Chess’?

Readers can send in their answer to have a chance of winning 40 Minas. The winner will be announced in the next issue of The Karosgrad Times.

The winner of the previous quiz question was Acolyte Basil Moroul with the answer; “With God’s Favour.”

Franz quickly sends in a letter with "Robert I" on it. Afterwards, he proceeds to read the newspaper, before giving a thumbs up in the direction of an unknown individual.

Ripplewick would purchase a copy of the paper, his new favourite medium of keeping up with politics and foreign events without needing to eavesdrop on the wealthy, to flick through at the nearest bench.

Afterwards, he'd pass his copy on to @Tidgemo

"Ah deadly, what was this issues question?" He asked @Hook before looking to read the paper only to see his favorite section glazed with spilled jam from Ripplewicks morning poptart. He folded the sheet and threw it back on Ripples lap.