Pretermitted (PK)

BasilTheBunny

Pretermitted

Ambient Music

UGSsGpreoRQ7Uxd4VEn5t6hjPiWvBlY-g0Pp0niXvMZjifKJu9Zd-mD2y3HnKNzYE5UgMJJQt-e6JbRIo2r05ML0QOjBFlF4H44Al7cGY67BSvTm83xpC0uxA_298Ws4oLWpG--r

Try and be more careful with falling in love this time, aye?”
- Charlie Elmoran

A young man interrupted the silence of a peaceful beach, the setting sun blaring against his eyes as he walked. The smell of crisp salt filled the air, waning over the area. Pleasant sounds of crashing waves accompanied the dull crunching amongst the sands underneath his feet. Soon after, he stopped- all hints of civilization had disappeared. Looking upon the rocky terrain of cliffs and deep blue ocean adjacent, he took a seat, seeking a deeper look now.

And the man began to think...

Two small identical twins, born to a lovely castle in the countryside- earliest memories of catching frogs in the Sutican shores, and making “smoothies” out of the likely-poisonous berries. Sword fights with a small dark elf, high ambitions- the dreams of a hero.

Amongst the siblings, the twins were always the tightest bond. It's what got them through their unraveling, through a barely functional family. It's what got them through the general ways of adolescence, their lack of a mother figure, their father's alcoholic tendencies, and eventually, the man switching his dresses for suits.

The girl grew into a woman, the boy into a man. Each found their own partners, the sister eventually partnering with the dark elf of childhood, the brother a sweet high elf he had met along the way. Life looked so well, as the sister had come to accomplish great feats- learning magics, defeating ologs, establishing a consistent part of her relationship, buying a home...

Briefly snapping from his trip down memory lane, the man glanced across the horizon once more, eyes squinting rather pensively before he stood. He wiped away the sand that accrued against his clothing, beginning to hike to the top of the cliffs that were behind him. His mental trip to the past continued along the way.

The brother on the other hand started to fall behind, every step the sister paved, he was five behind, only trying to live up to the woman he's spent his whole life with. Metalworking seemed fine, but it didn't take him far. The man would state that is what he was working on, only to ease the family's minds.

In contrast, his own mind worked against him. The thoughts of their expectations became suffocating and their reassurance did nothing to appease his own criticisms. Ridiculous, he thought of himself. A lack of happiness and self-satisfaction in his accomplishments- of his own physical form.

He tried a few things to pull himself up, to finally show he can be something. But those five steps too slow always seemed so impossible to regain. So instead of continuing to push, it was easier to walk back to a point that the lost steps were too many to count. 

The wrong way to the finish line.

Unbeknownst to the solemn man, he’d finally reached the top of the cliff, taking a deep breath through his nose, otherwise silently, standing to watch the last bits of the day.

The overbearing thought of disappointment drove him to seclude himself from those he cared about. The man sought to create a complete distance; only worsening his fragile state of mind.

In these days, he found himself traversing the wilderness with an occasional stop for food with his dwindling coin. Sometimes he’d find those same berries he made into smoothies with his sister- ah, what memories those were.

These were how he survived. But what is survival if you’re not enjoying it?

However, maybe this way people would eventually stop worrying and forget him.

The last conversation he would have with his father and sister was of how they missed him.

At the edge of the cliff now, the man began to weep. 

“Where had that joy gone?” “Why am I a failure?” “This is pointless.” “I hope they forget me.” “I’m not good enough.” “I was never going to be good enough.” “Don't miss me.”

As if he wanted the incessant noise of his mind to cease; a body now limp in the sand as the sun disappeared- the nighttime cloaking the area fully now. Rain fell, as though weeping for the lost soul.

The showers stopped late in the night, and all was silent once more, save for the crashing waves that would always be.

((OOC))

Unless you were to actively look along the southernmost beaches to find his body, those who knew him IRP would not be aware of this passing.

This character was insanely fun and heartfelt to play, and I love everyone who he got to spend time with. All good things must come to an end, however, and I feel this is one of them.

Special thanks to goon (MF_GOON) for making this post so much better with his editing, love you tons <3

Jorden takes a seat at her desk, looking out her window that over looks the square in Talon's Port for a moment before pulling out her journal and flipping through the pages. The one eyed woman finds a particular page, "I wonder what Charlie is up to these days?" Jo starts to think for a moment, "I remember sitting on the bridge in old Sutica with little Charlie, talking about who knows what. He was the first person who got to witness me taking my first few steps after being put back together." The ageing woman smiles as she thinks about these memories, "Charlie was a great kid, I hope where ever he is, he is doing nothing but greatness." Jorden continues to look through her journal, just letting the time pass while she drifts away into deep thought.

Carla Elmoran takes a few steps about in the snow at the front of her home, inhaling a sharp breath before a slower, softer exhale is let out. A small cloud of white escaping her lips after the fact. She takes a slow walk about the streets of Haense, the bits of snow here and there crunching under her leather boots. Carla stops at a shop in the square, peering at the carefully crafted weapons from behind the stained glass panes. "...Huh..." She lets out softly, her eyes trailing back a bit to stare at her own reflection upon the ice-glazed glass. "...Wonder if Charlie's working on something like that... He hasn't told me about his smithing in a bit." She says with a casual shrug, the knowledge of her brother's death currently unknown to her. She was blissfully unaware.

Domonic wonders to himself when the last he saw of Charlie, his own child. He sees the other twin often enough but somthing always draws his eyes eyes to the front gate of Sutica, looking for his lost child to find their way home. He wonders if they are eating enough, if they are safe, and if they will return. Though it seems...he will continue to wonder and look to the gates, waiting, hoping to see Charlie walk through them.