puffables' AMA : your local LotC addict in relapse

puffables

i dont believe i've done one of these yet, and having just got back, it seems an appropriate time ! with over 2 years (like,, damnnn, thats a lot of hours) on this server, having had a 6 month break just prior to returning to visit yesterday, i'd say i'm ready to answer some questions.

ask me anything :]

~ puff

Most meaningful RP experience?

Favourite lore?

If you ever had the chance to write a lore piece what would it be for, and why?

What do you think of Almaris so far?

Most meaningful RP experience?
There are a couple that spring to mind !! From my first day on the server, where I had nooo idea what i was doing, having applied on a whim a few years ago and then never having logged on - whitelisted without making a proper character !  Definitely lead to some interesting experiences. A month or so later, my first ever experience of High Elf RP was incredibly meaningful - since then, i've been hooked to the haelun'orian community and rp style !! 

In more recent time, the section of rp just before my break - while incredibly, incredibly stressful - was also very insightful !

A general favourite few RP experiences : 're-educating' a snow elf with Iverach's character, touring around ImCookie's character on their first day returning, debating and arguing with a numerous host of individuals on a large range of topics [mostly purity,,], and that one telescope rp i had with nerdypenguins' character, sitting on the city walls.

I also thoroughly enjoyed every new player that came to the gates, and that I had the privilege of introducing to our little rp community! Have made a lot of new friends that way, met a ton of interesting people, and had a lot of unforgettable rp experiences! I'm not really sure when I flipped the switch from being a new player myself to being the person who welcomes them in and takes responsibility for their little community, but I'm very glad that I stuck around long enough to do so.

funnily enough - none of my biggest rp experiences tended to be actual events, and moreso things that the community and helf playerbase had come up with !! absolutely loved all the casual talks and arguments in the tavern etc. 

I also remember the sutican and fennic rp that happened during that first few weeks, but we dont talk about that here, ok saffryie, mika and [various redacted banned players]???

Favourite lore?

An easy one !! Biased as I am, it would be the history of the Mali'thill !! always been and always will be a huge interest of mine, there's just so much history to it, and so much still left to explore and build upon !!

For a non-helf lore, I really quite like the Orc, Druid and Red-Faith lore as well. These sort of groups with defined cultures, rules, social norms and interesting features are always what make LotC unique and fantastic, the stories and legacies carried down through generations of the playerbase! 

In short, i am just a big fan of playermade history ;;

If you ever had the chance to write a lore piece what would it be for, and why?

Hmhm - if I had the chance to write a lore piece, I would probably go for something technical - steampunk-style, a cool invention !! Alternatively, perhaps a magical creature, as those are always fun; just little things that add to the world!

Honestly, I don't think I could write a full-on lore piece for an entirely new race, magic, etcetera, on my own - but smaller things that add quality-of-life are definitely in thought! Mostly, I would strive to make something that my character could legitimately invent or discover IRP, something that creates further RP to stem from it, something that adds to the enrichment of history and fits the story I am trying to tell ! :] I'm not the sort of person to be a 'collector', if you will - there is no point in learning/making magics and various other lore items if they have no irp use or purpose to them !! 

What do you think of Almaris so far?

Only just got here, but so far - having a lot of fun !! definitely a lot of things that i want to get done, cool rp i wanna try and push for !! I can however say definitively that the builds I've seen so far are absolutely gorgeous. Still haven't figured out Vortex, though,,

how much did you enjoy your 6 months away from the server?

what are your plans now that you’re back?

also not a question, i’m glad you’re back ^^

1 minute ago, Epistile said:

how much did you enjoy your 6 months away from the server?

what are your plans now that you’re back?

also not a question, i’m glad you’re back ^^

1 - I enjoyed it quite a bit !! have been off exploring other hobbies - picked up the guitar and some video-editing skills while i was gone, which was fantastic !! definitely missed it, though , addicted as i am;;

2 - Now that I'm back, I am once again funneling my entire soul into the Haelun'orian High-Elf RP sphere, and working to eviscerate the mina also the impures  B))

I know a couple people have asked me if I'm planning on reapplying for CT, and the answer to that is - idk man, not for a bit at least ,, 

wanna enjoy the freedom of being able to dedicate more time to fun rp stuff before i consider at all hopping back into staff !! :]  but yea !! definitely a lot of fun stuff planned !!