Favorite LOTC Memories

Birdman

I joined when I was 11, so alot of the early days are hazy, but here we go, I guess.

Getting conscripted into the wood elf military day one to fight a war I knew nothing about and dying horribly in the lag.

Spending a long time just making edgy characters, trying to do villiany and being beaten easilly due to being trash at CRP.

Making my first actual character(who was still cringe) and seeing him get into stupid shenanigans by being an incompetent idiot: being mentally abused by one of his only friends, developing an alchohol addiction, becoming a xionist in a cleric dominated sutica, being kidnapped by an undead but then being let go because the undead felt bad at how pathetic he was, being sacrificed by orcs or wandering into Mordskov and instantly dying to a falling log.

Coming back from a long break, making a meme character and accidently joining a group of mordskov veterans and insane mages, then seeing him develop into one of my favorite characters ever. The fact that I managed to turn what was meant to be a one-off joke character into someone that other people said they enjoyed RP'ing with makes me really happy, and I think that even when I'm older and don't play on this server anymore, I'll still remember kiling Hiro over and over again, and the time my character and his gang of misfits crashed a party and ended up beating up every single guest and guard.

Glad Wesley still has his videos up; memories from when I was still a kid that I'll never forget.

Edited by Tiresiam

Aight, I have no screenshots so this is going to be a rambling trip down memory lane.

First, shout out to that random Orener in 2016 who thought my homeless elf was a spy so dragged me inside a barracks and shot me in the head with a crossbow, that's my first real memory of LoTC. 

One of my favourite memories is the Sunset Khaganate. We were a bunch of people living out in the Urguan desert and it was massive fun, still have my skin from it. Best part about it was this random group was attacked by Oren in the coalition war and was the actual site of the battle where we began to push them back which'd eventually end up with J-Burg being nuked. I think this war was when I fell in love with war claims because from then on they were always my favourite part of the server.

Speaking of J-Burg that leads on to my next favourite memory, Mordskov. Despite being an edgy **** back then, still am honestly, I absolutely loved it. One of the few event lines I've actually felt scared in because if my character died this was it. Lot of the people I met then don't play anymore but I still have the memories. Favourite part of Mordskov was probably legging it from the Thanhic hulk, a big gorilla. I still remember when we thought we'd got away and the thing fell through the god damn ceiling and right onto my character's head. I still hold that Mordskov is the best event line on the server and proof that events can't be open to everyone as if Suticans were there (no offence Sutica) it'd probably have been a lot worse.

Post-Mordskov me and a few friends built a little freebuild thing, where we indoctrinated gameingg's meme character, and just messed around. We used to go and start **** in Sutica all the time, causing mass fights, and just generally having fun. Also nearly collapsed Holm's government, so bloody close, which was an amazing moment because it was just a bunch of people nearly collapsing a nation. Speaking of Holm, I remember when we ran through the Holm courtroom while Hiro (in an instance of metagaming) was reporting that we had a frost witch among our ranks. It was honestly amazing timing and had me cackling in vc.

Finally, there was the Fennic bar fight. So in Fenn there was a festival, ran by Phoenixshot, and a certain group, led by people we oocly called Kylo Ren and Bella Delphine, and we had a bit of an argument with them. Eventually hands got thrown and like the 5 or 6 of us, can't remember how many of my friends were there, ended up having to fight the group we'd pissed off and all the Fenn guards who showed up. I think that was one of the only times we ever worked together perfectly as well as, except I think one guy, managed to escape relatively unharmed.

I didn't mention the genocide we waged against Hiro but that's just a given.

Edited by Mavromino

5 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

Adria's Belvitz in Atlas was my favourite year on LoTC for me! I miss it always.

@VonAulus @ChumpChump @Covey @MikoMonster @latteTM @Tidgemo

@Archbishop@BenevolentManacles @NordLord @ApplePieKathy @Merisify @Hook @Sorcerio

CLICK BELOW FOR BELVITZ MEMORIEEEEEES!

Reveal hidden contents

xUAwxzThCdFu_ZzCOoVbKxIU_X5umJYqdo1ft6GpvG80dXGpMLkbmAIe7Yw0sApWPd1lfRyaW__5ddNNnPFXf0b8Ceouafc6bw_nxUuVs66goVM4TM_Hd-jhedqRJ288xEji98Be

2018-11-24_20.24.55.png

2019-01-18_17.06.06.png

Eleven_-_1.png

2019-01-18_13.46.25.png

2019-01-13_17.10.19.png

Fourteen_-_1.png

2018-08-23_20.44.42.png

2018-12-25_16.51.50.png

2018-09-21_22.52.23.png

2018-08-18_20.11.15.png

2018-12-08_20.05.02.png

2018-11-25_18.36.49.png

2018-12-03_20.47.19.png

2018-12-03_20.42.57.png

2018-11-28_19.19.09.png

2018-12-03_20.37.07.png

2018-10-26_00.44.52.png

6.png

Belvitz was great, lots of easily accessible RP for anybody who wanted to get involved. It really felt open to everyone. Nice!

Greyspine Rebellion! The big scary courland that just took out the two biggest human nations as if it were a thanos snap gets beaten by a rebellious county and some lorraine dudes.

2013: joining the arcane delvers and then never getting picked for any adventures because my skin looked like this:

DcKsqCA.png

Anthos was top tier. Necro v cleric conflicts, Black Scourge, the Exodus, the North, the changing world state and wars; very nice.

Also the Undead, not the best days and in retrospect it was TRASH but passable I suppose. Highly memorable.

Spoiler

2015-01-20_20.13.03_zpshipijsrv.png

2014-12-28_17.42.44_zps1rjhum5v.png

2015-02-01_05.00.22_zps4mm5e7ws.png

On 1/30/2021 at 12:39 AM, Zarsies said:

Anthos was top tier. Necro v cleric conflicts, Black Scourge, the Exodus, the North, the changing world state and wars; very nice.

Also the Undead, not the best days and in retrospect it was TRASH but passable I suppose. Highly memorable.

Reveal hidden contents

2015-01-20_20.13.03_zpshipijsrv.png

2014-12-28_17.42.44_zps1rjhum5v.png

2015-02-01_05.00.22_zps4mm5e7ws.png

the athera undead were so hit or miss. you'd either get these huge sprawling combat events with awesome visuals or some random dude powergaming you to death and then calling pvp default and abusing the magic plugin when you called him out

if you just took the good with the bad the undead were bretty good. definitely nostalgic for when antagonist groups could actually come over and **** you instead of being constrained to scripted, players-win-at-any-cost storylines