Aulic Court Review: Regarding Trials

___siren___

AULIC COURT I VE KOENGZEM I HANSETI-RUSKA

REVIEW ON THE PALATINES REQUEST REGARDING TRIALS

sFHXN4pK9zl1Bx4QI1PQH2QC3rV57vRQzvHoAnNhJgizygfuMkbxQ_soI7A_sft2gvLhnfcAz_WhLTN3MWt_RcA84lEzGd0mE6f_VT4Mw9omeZh9Ge6h0ppceYiNFnkkbVqM50t1

5th i Wzuvar ag Byvca 358 E.S

Jovenaars

Sir Sigmar J. Baruch

Mrs. Reza B. Gynsburg

Lady Erika L. Kortrevich

Mr. Lukas Rakoczy

Mr. Otto Wittenbach

CONCURRENCE (MAJORITY): 

Baruch, Kortrevich, Wittenbach, Rakoczy, Gynsburg

DISSENT: N/A

Exposition:

The Office of the Palatine sees fit to refer to the Aulic Court on the composition of trials, specifically trials with a need to be done quickly and efficiently in circumstances where three Jovenaar may not be available.

The Palatine is thus considering several possibilities, including 'citizen' and 'non-citizen' or 'flight' trials: the former would be in cases where a Haeseni citizen is charged, and there is little danger of the charged citizen fleeing the Kingdom; the latter would be in cases where a suspect is charged and arrested but is liable to flee if court proceedings are delayed, thus giving rise to a need for quicker sittings of the Court with lesser Jovenaar. Another possible solution under consideration by the Palatine is that all trials will only require an odd number of Jovenaar.

See the full brief of the Lord Palatine: Letter to the Aulic Court re Trials - Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska - The Lord Of The Craft

Jovenaar Erika L. Kortrevich delivered the opinion of the Court:

The Haurul Caezk 304.01 states: “Trials shall be presided over by three Jovenaar [...].” As for the Lord Palatine’s request to reduce the number of Jovenaar to an odd-numbered one in said “non-citizen or flight” trials, it would mean to reduce the numbers of Jovenaar presiding over a trial to one (1).   Whilst the Aulic Court understands the demand of such trials in cases where the Defendant is guilty without doubt, it is the Court's belief that no person, but the Koeng of Hanseti-Ruska should have the power to determine an individual's guilt on their own accord and that the trinity of Jovenaar is essential to a fair and just trial under the Haurul Caezk, as it calls for a thorough consideration and consultation of the facts brought forth in each trial. Therefore we decided against the Lord Palatines request.

IT IS SO ORDERED.

Edited by ___siren___