22nd Imperial Diet, House of Commons

Imperial Civil Affairs

22nd Imperial Diet, 1805

House of Commons

“Mr. President, your chair and gavel await you.”

William Aubert would scan the crowd as he’d get up from the majority bench and briefly take a seat at the dias at the top of the hall as he'd look to both sides. He’d place his hand on the gavel, banging it on the desk once, addressing both of the benches that sat on either side of him. 

I thank all of the Honorable Members seated in this chamber for electing me to preside over the 22nd Imperial Diet. It is our collective hope that this session is filled with productivity and progress for Our Great Country,” the President would announce, his voice echoing through the Hall. With that, the roll was then called:

ARMAS, Keaghen.

AUBERT, William T.

CARRION, Dima.

D'AZOR, Ledicort.

DE AURDAN, Godwin E.

GALBRAITH, George.

IRULAN, Idries.

KELMENOUR, Annabelle.

RAVEN, Soloman.

SARKOZY, Franz.

YL'ASATH, Alyndel.

VAN WICK, Ophelia.

As Archchancellor Sarkozy called for all to rise, the newly-elected House of Commons stood, placing hands above hearts, their eyes turned expectantly to the President as he voiced the oath of office,

“I swear to be true to the Emperor and the realm and not to maintain silence about any evil that I may know which is being contemplated against them. I swear to work tirelessly to the betterment of the Empire and the Orenian people that comprise it. I swear also not to eat or drink with traitors and not to have anything in common with them, and always to defend the honor of the gentlemen I serve. This, I swear by the Holy Scrolls.”

The voices of the parliamentarians mingled into one proud drone, before silence fell again.

Members of the House of Commons, said the President, You may take your seats. He rapped the gavel. “I hereby call this sitting of the 22nd Imperial Diet to session."

((This is a forum roleplay post. Only players with characters in the Commons and present in the room are able to reply.))

Edited by Ministry of Civil Affairs

SITTING OF THE 22ND IMPERIAL DIET

THIS HOREN'S CALLING, 1804

Present:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

Ophelia Elizaveta van Wick;

Absent:

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

VOTE OF PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTMENT OF WILLIAM THEODORE AUBERT

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Majority is achieved and The Right Honourable Representative William Theodore Aubert shall be appointed President of the Commons

William Aubert: “Congratulations on the election, Right Honourable Members of the House. You may take your seats. I hereby call this sitting of the Twenty-Second Imperial Diet to session.”

William Aubert: “As is tradition of the Honourable House, with the allowance of his Imperial Excellency, the Archchancllor, I shall hereby call to a vote of confidence within the Archchancellor and His Majesty's Government.”

Franz Sarkozy: “If such seems sufficient, although I believe that confidence ought to be implied, given our shared bench.”

William Aubert: “Of course. But for the sake of tradition. Vote of Confidence within his Imperial Excellency, the Archchancllor, and his Majesty's Government.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Armas.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes Aye!”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Aubert. I shall vote Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Carrion.”

Dima Carrion: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Galbraith.”

George Galbraith: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Irulan.”

Idries Irulan: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Kelmenour.”

Annabelle Kelmenour: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Sarkozy.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative van Wick.”

Ophelia van Wick:Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honorable Representative Yl'asath.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Velu'Asath. I vote ti.”

William Aubert: “Apologies. With 9 to the Ayes and 0 to the Nays, the vote of confidence has reached majority with the Honourable House. His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, may call for the first order of business.”

VOTE OF CONFIDENCE OF THE SARKOZY MINISTRY

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Majority is achieved and the Archchancellor and His Majesty's Government is offered confidence of the House of Commons

Franz Sarkozy: “I believe we ought to get to the matter of confirming the two Supreme Court Justices nominated by His Imperial Majesty: The Rt. Hon. Henrik Larson and Fr. Alfred Ruthern.”

William Aubert: “Of course. This Honourable House shall start with the confirmation of The Right Honorable Henrik Larson. If any Honorable Representative of this House wishes to call upon the Right Honourable Henrik Larson for questioning in regards to the confirmation, might they state so now.”

Franz Sarkozy: “I think that resounding silence means we are free to move ahead and vote.”

William Aubert: “I shall accept that as a nay to questions. We shall summon the Right Honourable Henrik Larson to the floor for confirmation.”

Soloman Raven: “I have returned!”

William Aubert: “Silence within the House, you shall raise your hand and await addressment of the President.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas vote aye.”

William Aubert: “Officers-- please remove the shirtless individual from the floor.”

William Aubert: “If the Right Honourable Henrik Larson might move to the floor.”

William Aubert: “We shall now vote on the confirmation of the Right Honourable Henrik Larson.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes AYE!”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Aubert. I shall vote aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Carrion.”

Dima Carrion: “I vote aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Galbraith.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Irulan.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Kelmenour.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Raven.”

Soloman Raven: “Erm, Hmmm, uhhh Aye?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Sarkozy.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative van Wick.”

Ophelia van Wick: Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Ti.”

William Aubert: “With 10 to the Ayes and 0 to the Nays. The Right Honourable Henrik Larson shall hereby be confirmed for the position of Supreme Court Justice. Congratulations Justice Larson.”

VOTE OF CONFIRMATION OF THE RIGHT HONOURABLE HENRIK LARSON

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Majority is achieved and the candidate is confirmed.

Henrik Komnenos: “Thank you all.”

Keaghen Armas: “Here here!”

William Aubert: “This Honourable House shall move onto the confirmation of The Right Honorable Alfred Ruthern. If any Honorable Representative of this House wishes to call upon the Right Honourable Alfred Ruthern for questioning in regards to the confirmation, might they state so now.”

Soloman Raven: “Aye,I would like to question the man.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Alfred Ruthern shall be summoned for questioning before the House. Please step forward.”

Alfred Ruthern: “Mr President.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Raven is recognized for questioning. You might step forth to state your question.”

Soloman Raven: “I will just ask while sitting if that doesn't bother you.”

William Aubert: “It does. .”

Soloman Raven: “Aye, Alfred was it? What political party do you belong to?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Raven shall sit once more. As stated within law: Justices shall not hold political affilation with the parties. It shall be the duty of the Chief Justice to ensure the oath of non-partisanship is taken.”

Soloman Raven: “Aye, I ain't finished, the second part still matters.”

William Aubert: “The question of the Right Honourable Representative Raven is thereby invalid and ignored by the Chair of this House.”

Soloman Raven: “May I ask a second question?”

Keaghen Armas: “Les' vote, I got places to be!”

William Aubert: “If the Right Honourable Representative Raven wishes to speak with this Honourable House, the Right Honourable Representative shall not speak unless called upon by this Chair. This accounts too if the Right Honourable Representative has been stopped by the Chair in his speech. Is this understood by the Right Honourable Representative Raven?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Raven shall be seated. The Right Honourable Representative Galbraith shall be recognized.”

Keaghen Armas: “Sorry folks, got a lass t'meet.”

Soloman Raven: “So let me get this, even though I have multiple questions, and the first question was just to see if he supported any political view in the first place, because it asked about parties it is invalid therefore I am disbarred from getting information?”

William Aubert: “Right Honourable Representative Raven. I am uncertain if the words of mine are slurred within the covered ears of your own -- the Right Honourable Representative shall not speak unless called upon by this Chair, this accounts in all circumstances within this House. Is this understood by the Right Honourable Representative Raven?”

Soloman Raven: “Obviously not, may you repeat it for less intellectual ears?”

William Aubert: “Sit. Down. The Right Honourable Representative might raise his hand once more, shall the Right Honourable Representative wish to be called upon once more.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Galbraith is recognized.”

William Aubert: “Does the Right Honourable Representative Raven wish to repeat that?!

Soloman Raven: “I said ass.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative shall remove himself from this session of the Honourable House and await until the next is called to return to the Honourable House for disrespect towards the procedure of this House, the authority of this Chair and referring to the Right Honourable President as an ass.”

Soloman Raven: “Fine with me, This whole thing is a farce anyways. Hell, you yell at me for answering your questions!”

George Galbraith: “Thank you, Mister President. If, at the request of the House, the Right Honorable Justice Ruthern may share any notable legislative background with any judicial cases he may have previously participated in.”

Alfred Ruthern: “Thank you for the question, Mister Representative.”

Alfred Ruthern: “I have spent more than 40 years in Canon Law, being a Co author alongside His Holiness James II. Furthermore I have spent most of my tenure as a Priest as Auditor of the Tribunal and have presided over multiple individual cases in ecclesiastical law.”

William Aubert: “Does the Right Honourable Representative Galbraith yield his time?”

George Galbraith: “Indeed, Mister President.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative van Wick is recognized.”

George Galbraith: “I will have to excuse myself for some time, Mister President, though I will be back. I vote aye on his nomination.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I am satisfied Mr President.”

William Aubert: “It seems the Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath has left the Honourable House. Unless there is further wish for questions-- we shall move onto the confirmation of the Right Honourable Alfred Ruthern.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall vote aye on the confirmation of the Right Honourable Alfred Ruthern.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Galbraith has informed this Chair of his vote: It shall be aye.”

Idries Irulan: Aye.”

Annabelle Kelmenour: “Aye!”

Ophelia van Wick: Aye.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Sarkozy.”

William Aubert: “With 7 to the Ayes and 0 to the Nays, the Right Honourable Alfred Ruthern shall be confirmed as Supreme Court Justice. Congratulations Justice Ruthern.”

Dima Carrion: “I did not vote.”

Dima Carrion: “But I vote aye, Mister President.”

Alfred Ruthern: “I thank you for your confidence.”

William Aubert: “Oh. I apologise to Representative Carrion. Thank you.”

VOTE OF CONFIRMATION OF THE RIGHT HONOURABLE ALFRED RUTHERN

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

William Aubert: “As the Right Honourable Representative Galbraith has dismissed himself from this Honourable House, this Honourable House no longer holds quorum and shall therefore be adjourned.”

SUMMARIZED RECORD OF THE 1ST SESSION OF THE COMMONS

VOTE OF CONFIDENCE OF THE SARKOZY MINISTRY

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN 

ABSENT

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Majority is achieved and the Archchancellor and His Majesty's Government is offered confidence of the House of Commons.

VOTE OF CONFIRMATION OF THE RIGHT HONOURABLE HENRIK LARSON

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

VOTE OF CONFIRMATION OF THE RIGHT HONOURABLE ALFRED RUTHERN

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy

Alyndel Yl’Asath

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

THIS HOREN'S CALLING, 1804

Present:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

Absent:

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

William Aubert: “Right. I shall hereby call the 2nd Sitting of the 22nd Diet to session -- as of the absence from his Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, today's sitting shall be led by his Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor. If the Vice Chancellor might be so kind as to present the first order of business.”

Keaghen Armas: “Ahem.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas will await for the Vice Chancellor to conclude his time.”

Keaghen Armas: “It's quick.”

Keaghen Armas: “Since Mr. Raven isn't here, can I sit over there?”

William Aubert: “. . Yes.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Thank you Mr President. The first order of business shall be the Pontian Xannic act.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I shall yield my time to allow for Right Honorable Dimas to speak upon his piece of legislation.”

Dima Carrion: “I thank Sir Ledicort.”

Dima Carrion: “So the--- I believe I should start by speaking on the premise. For those unfamiliar with the workings of the Holy Mother Church, five years ago we held an ecumenical council-- a council that determines the very way a Canonist lives-- on our canon law.”

Dima Carrion: “Our priesthood spoke on the matter of Angelic magical tethering, that is, the syphoning of power from angels.”

Dima Carrion: “Xannite Paladins are able to syphon direct power from the Angel Xan and use it for their own nefarious and prideful means. It steals the very power from the Angel entrusted with the protection of our world.”

Dima Carrion: “This is incredibly barbaric and irresponsible to allow such a thing to continue. As such, the priesthood determined no true Canonist would ever allow themselves to syphon power from our Angels again.”

Dima Carrion: “As such, I would like to outlaw the Magic of Xan and all Xannite Paladins from our Empire to prevent the syphoning of Xan's power.”

Dima Carrion: “For the Church is to guide the populace from sin and to syphon power from Xan who fights the Void and demons is irresponsible and immoral.”

Dima Carrion: “I am done speaking. I will answer questions if allowed, Mr. President.”

Dima Carrion: “May I allow Sir Ledicort to speak?”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, is recognized.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Right Honorable Dima, I ask how can one tell if a subject has the ability to conjour or act with Xan Magics? Is something to be of note in regards to the power in which you speak against?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Carrion may respond.”

Dima Carrion: “The power is not so much the problem. If a mage achieved the ability to move mountains, the Church would not speak out against it unless the power to move mountains is received from nefarious means.”

Dima Carrion: “Veneration of the saints, the blessed, and angels, is a powerful tool.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Is there any engagement to scale or question when this power is being used Mr President?”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I do agree with the Right Honorable in this case, that such should be addressed, but I am concerned that it is not able to point in which the issue is the cause of Xen Magics.”

William Aubert: “It is permitted for this Honourable House to amend that is existing law within the Orenian Revised Code. This Chair sees no issue with the legality of the bill presented before the House, if that is the question of His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Very well. I see no issues if such is being considered by those who are more understanding than I of such considerations. I shall yield my time and question Mr President. Let us move forward.”

William Aubert: “Are there any other questions for the Right Honourable Representative Carrion?”

Dima Carrion: “Perhaps the wording of the bill is quite confusing? I am more accustomed to Canon Law than Civil Law. If there is an issue that needs to be addressed, I am to critique.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable van Wick is recognized.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Apologies I just woke up..”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Congratulations upon your wedding Right Honorable van Wick, we are most pleased to have you and Right Honorable Irulan in the chambers.”

William Aubert: “While the jest of His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, is appreciated -- this Chair reminds them that it is not permitted to speak unless recognized by this Chair.”

Ophelia van Wick: “We do not know how much these paladin drain the Aengul of Xan, thus we do not know upon what scale it harms them. However it could be argued that the paladins of Xan protect us from most evil magic and creatures. I recall it during the inferi wars, myself and many Haenseni dezinens would have lost our lives.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Noted Mr. President.”

Dima Carrion: “According to the ORC, the Magic of Xan is wielded to rid Voidal influence on this world. The statement is true, but voidal influence lurks in both the physical and spiritual worlds.”

Dima Carrion: “The task we are to use against demons as Canonist is that of prayer, and in the military, swords. No where does the Church condone the syphoning of power from an Angel to fight against the demonic threat.”

Dima Carrion: “The syphoning of power is a corruption of venerating an angel for your own means-- for power. All mages who are Canonists already have to subject themselves to the Church for great power may lead to a deep sin.”

Dima Carrion: “To syphon such a great power that, for roles that God did not task you to begin with, is.. Is sinful. I wish not to ramble, but we should care not for the physical benefits a power may provide but for the spiritual wellbeing of the soul foremost.”

Dima Carrion: “I offer the floor to Honorable Ophelia if she would wish to respond again, Mister President.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative van Wick shall be allowed to respond -- catch your breath a little there, Right Honorable Representative Carrion.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Perhaps you have missread Rt. Honourable Representative Carrion, in my own readings, I came to learn that paladins hold no effect over voidal taint, but instead the taint of Iblees and its foul creations, such as the daemons that plagued the last realm. Perhaps a complete restriction is unwarrented, perhaps if these paladins were to make themselves known to the Mother Church and work with such to get rid of these horrid influences. So what of Druids? What of voidal mages? Voidal arts is still an aspect of draining. If not from a much darker and more dangerous source, I've read upon the devestation voidal cracks have caused -- where's the history of devestation from the hands of Paladins. That is all Mr President.”

Dima Carrion: “While I am no expert on magical affairs as my first role in life is a priest, it is known in the Holy Scrolls that the Void is where the Deceiver personally resides. There are layers to the Void that even mortals may access, like the… The Nether was it defined? When I speak of voidal taint, I speak of the Deceiver and his ilk as does the ORC.”

Dima Carrion: “And what of the Druids? I know little of their works but I believe they ought to be outlawed as well, but today I bring a bill to outlaw Xannite Paladins as it is spiritual beneficial to the men and women of the Empire as all laws are.”

Idries Irulan: “Mr. President, may I speak?”

Dima Carrion: “If Honorable Ophelia would like to work on a bill with me to outlaw the Druids, I shall be open to it.”

Dima Carrion: “I yield the floor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I am most curious to hear your thoughts.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall remind the Right Honourable Representative Carrion that Representative of this Honourable House shall be addressed by last name -- and this Chair reminds once more for His Imperial Excellency to hold his tongue unless called upon.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Irulan is recognized.”

Dima Carrion: “I beg your pardons, Mister President and Representative van Wick. I mean no offense.”

Idries Irulan: “Yes yes, thank you.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative shall be seated as the Right Honourable Representative Irulan presents his notion to the floor.”

Idries Irulan: “No motions to speak of, just an opinion on the matter at hand.”

Idries Irulan: “Now then,”

Idries Irulan: “Perhaps this is a conversation more suited to a university classroom than to the halls of government, but it must be said nonetheless. The Canon law should not be the basis for our Orenian law.”

Keaghen Armas: “Pagan-speak!”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Repesentative Armas shall silence himself unless called upon by this Chair and is given a warning for his outlash within this Honourable House.”

Idries Irulan: “Let the churchman quibble about the exact nature of Xan's relationship to the Void. That is not our concern as Imperials. We know that Iblees and his spawn are the enemy, and they must be eradicated at all costs for the sake of the Empire.”

Idries Irulan: “The Paladins have never given us concern, not once in our history. They are a neutral force at worst, a potential aide at best.”

Idries Irulan: “The Church has its own law, and its own means to uphold it.”

Idries Irulan: “But here in the House, our first concern should be the safety of the Orenian people.”

Idries Irulan: “I'll take a paladin over an undead cultist any day. Floor yielded.”

William Aubert: “Does the Right Honourable Representative Carrion, or any other Representative of this Honourable House, wish to respond to the notion of the Right Honourable Representative Irulan.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas is recognized.”

Keaghen Armas: “Mr. President, the member across from me speaks of choosing between the Undead and the Paladins, but both use perverse energy. The Church has made this clear, and as a good canonist nation, it is our duty to uphold Canonist values.”

Keaghen Armas: “Does the member oppositite of me not believe we have a duty as a Canonist nation to uphold these values?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Irulan may respond to the addressment of the Right Honourable Representative Armas -- his Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, shall be recognized after.”

Idries Irulan: “Canonist values are different than Canonist law. If we wanted churchmen to write our laws, we would just use their legal code. If you have had any mind for church history, you would know that their position on Xan and his ilk has changed many times.

Idries Irulan: “The values beneath have not. There is no God but God, and the Empire will never permit worship of other beings. We are not Norlanders.”

Idries Irulan: “But God favored his aenguls, and most Pontiffs have given them plenty of leeway in practicing their art.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancllor, is recognized.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “It is but time that we move for a motion to vote upon this bill. If we are settled with this current standing let us move forward. If not -- I suggest that Rep Dimas, Rep Irulan, and Rep van Wick speak upon the proper changes for this bill to be made in order for an agreement to be sorted.”

William Aubert: “Does anyone second the motion of His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor?”

George Galbraith: “Seconded.”

William Aubert: “We shall move to voting then.”

William Aubert: “On the matter of the Pontian Xannic Bill This Chair shall abstain.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas abstains.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative d'Azor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Vice Chancellor. Shall vote absent.”

George Galbraith: “Galbraith shall…. Abstain.”

Idries Irulan: “I erm, Abstain.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Van Wick abstains.”

Annabelle Kelmenour: “Kelmenour abstains.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Yl'Asath.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “The Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath votes ti.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “VELU'ASATH!”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “You got this wrong last time, I already corrected you before.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Get my name right thank you.”

William Aubert: “Tell the Emperor to note your right name in the archives. With 2 to the Ayes and 0 the Nays and 7 to the Abstained -- this bill cannot reach majority within this Honourable House and has not passed.”

VOTE ON THE PONTIAN XANNIC BILL

AYE:

Dima Carrion;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter cannot achieve majority and does not pass the House of Commons

Idries Irulan: “Good.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, may present the second order of business.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I shall hope that we carry the business of state in such manner, I am pleased to see discussion upon what is best for the Holy Orenian Empire. The next bill to be debated shall be the Civil Damages Act. I shall grant Right Honorable van Wick the floor to speak upon her piece of legislation.”

Ophelia van Wick: “This bill aims to correct a simplified mistake within the current codex of the Oren Revised Code, specifically that of Lex Haraccene -- which is our civil codex of law -- wherein the lack of detail is appalling. It prevents our citizens from protecting their own rights within the Courts of Law, as the lack of laws within the codex prevents those citizens from invoking civil court cases.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Within the amendments and additions of this act, a more compromised systematic method to civil court cases will arrive through the idea of civil damages: A reason to invoke a court upon a damages of specific kind has been invoked upon oneself. This would present us, the Honourable Representatives of the House, to have to rewrite an entire civil codex of law and rather utilize the existing codexes of law to invoke civil trial.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I yield my time to the floor.”

William Aubert: “Does any Honourable Representatives of this Honourable House wish to call for debate on the subject of the Civil Damages Act?”

William Aubert: “I shall take that as a nay. Shall I hear a motion to vote?”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Mr President, I ask if this bill shall change the centuries old standing. Shall members of the Council of State now be placed before trial before public, rather than impeachment?”

William Aubert: “Does the Right Honourable Representative van Wick wish to respond?”

Ophelia van Wick: “There is nothing held within this bill which mentions the subject of the council of state. This bill presents a method for citizens of the Empire to protect their own rights through civil court.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I ask of Section One, Subsectio A.”

Ophelia van Wick: “It is important to note the difference between civil and criminal courts.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Including Governmental Agencies.”

William Aubert: “Would His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, quote the specific section of note.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I ask the Chambers if we have placed such considerations before to members of his Imperial Majesty's government before. .”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I shall yield my time to Right Honorable Galbraith to speak after Rep van Wick if allowed.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I am uncertain if his Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, has ever read the law but such statement is already a part of the current Orenian Revised Code. This act, has not changed a single word within the original writing of such section.”

George Galbraith: “Thank you, Mister President. I think it is best if we clear this confusion up, and the Honorable Representative van Wick made a good contention earlier- that being the distinction of crime and civil law.”

George Galbraith: “Correct me if I am wrong, but I would imagine this law would be invoked say, if a concerned citizen believed that a department, like the Treasury, did not necessarily commit a crime, but for example, did not implement a service they were utilizing correctly - leading to the invocation of something like a financial or social damage.”

George Galbraith: “Mister President, I think it is important to make this distinction from a case with criminal law. Let us look to the case of Sir Veikko, for example.”

George Galbraith: “He had clearly embezzled, thus breaking criminal law, and was ordered a sentence and removed from the position. This contention would be quite different from a civil damage, where criminal law may not be broken, but a civil damage is inflicted.”

George Galbraith: “An officer may not be removed from his office, but the department and agency may have to pay fiscal reparations for a misuse of a service.”

George Galbraith: “Or an accident, if you will.”

George Galbraith: “I motion to vote on this matter, and yield my time to the Chair.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Seconded.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall accept the motion to vote.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall vote aye.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes abstains”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Carion.”

Dima Carrion: “Nay.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative d'Azor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “The Vice Chancellor, Mr President, Shall I correct you again? The Vice Chancellor d'Azor shall vote Aye.”

George Galbraith: “Representative Galbraith votes Aye.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Aye.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “The Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath votes ti.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Ah, you got it right!”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Ahernan.”

Dima Carrion: “I misspoke Mr. President.”

Dima Carrion: “My vote is abstain.”

William Aubert: “With 7 the Ayes and 0 the Nays and 2 the Abstained -- the subject of the Civil Damages Bill has recieved majority within this Honourable House and shall be sent the House of Lords.”

VOTE ON THE CIVIL DAMAGES BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter achieves majority and is sent to the House of Lords

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, may represent the third order of business before the floor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Very good. Next, we shall speak upon the Barclay Reform Act. I yield the floor to Right Honorable Velu-Asath.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Lliran! Some of you here today might already be familiar with this bill. This is an Empire that has prided itself in its progress, but that progress has gone too far. The Half-breeds which threaten the future of all Mali are allowed to live within the walls of Providence. It is an existential threat to my kin, and to all racial minorities. Therefore, I am here to propose an amendment to the Barclay Reformation Act, stripping all individuals of mixed blood of their personhood rights.”

Keaghen Armas: “Here here!”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “There is a reason as to why the half-breed Uruk are already outlawed within the Empire. There is no reason for that ruling to not apply to all other mixed bloods. For the Valah it has little to no consequences, but for any other race it can put us at great risk! Realize that my very own people are already in danger as is, the Empire condoning these acts only hurts us even more!”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Not to mention the fact that Oren prides itself as a beacon of canonist law. Just look at the Cathedral built here! It to me seems quite odd that these things are allowed here, and that these half-breeds are given rights within the same city housing the seat of the very Church it is sworn to.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “For what reason is an Uruk half-breed not allowed, but a Bortu is? A line has to be drawn here, a line that shall at long last put an end to these vile practices within the Empire.”

William Aubert: “Does the Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath yield his time?”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Ti, that would be all.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas is recognized.”

Keaghen Armas: “First, I would like to thank the Representative across from me for this legislation. There is much to be concerned about, and while I am no expert in elven culture, believe my colleague that this threatens the elvish.”

Keaghen Armas: “Elvish lifeway.”

Keaghen Armas: “My question to the hon. Representative is that there has been romours of a new political alignment in elvish society, and that our Empire may see an exodus of your people-.”

Keaghen Armas: “Do you believe that this law would encourage our diverse range of elvish citizens to remain within the Empire? That this would make them more comfortable?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Velu'Asath may respond.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “It most certainly will! You might be familiar with the curse that plagues all Mali, ne? That plays a big role in this proposed bill. No Mali of pure blood and good intent wishes for their kin to die out. This race-mixing only makes our curse that much more horrid to live with.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “That would be all!”

Dima Carrion: “May I motion to vote?”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Well if that is all then I motion to vote!”

Dima Carrion: “Mister President?”

William Aubert: “Those are two motions, so this Chair shall accept the motion.”

William Aubert: “On the subject of the Amendment of the Barclay Reform Act -- this Chair shall abstain.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas vote….”

Keaghen Armas: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, d'Azor.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “The Vice Chancellor d'Azor shall vote Aye.”

George Galbraith: “Galbraith votes Aye.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Van Wick aye.”

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “Ti!”

William Aubert: “With 8 to the Ayes and 0 to the Nays and 1 to the Abstained -- this subject of the Amendment of the Barclay Reform Act has achieved majority within this Honourable House and shall be sent to the House of Lords.”

VOTE ON THE AMENDMENT OF THE BARCLAY REFORM ACT

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter achieves majority and is sent to the House of Lords

Alyndel Velu'Asath: “It warms my heart to see the Orenians respect my kin. Ahernan lliran!”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, may represent the fourth order of business to the floor -- this Chair shall note that no other legislation shall be allowed to be presented after such order of business is concluded.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Well done, Right Honorable Velu'Asath. Our last order of legislation shall be the Wick Clarification Act. I shall give the floor to Right Honorable van Wick for the purpose of this piece.”

Ophelia van Wick: “On recommendation of the Supreme Court this Act aims to better define residencies and other properties. There is not much more to be said.”

William Aubert: “Is there a motion to debate?”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I ask we amend the bill to offer a place for Military charters such as Southbridge in which tax is not collected but serve as a purpose to the National Defense of the country.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I shall accept the proposed amendment and shall add a fourth clause to section 307.01 B: All Militaristic charters.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall accept the amendment in agreement with the author. The Right Honourable Representative Armas is recognized.”

Keaghen Armas: “A fort disconnected from any settlement, such as Southbridge, would be a dangerous precedent to set as a settlement. Ay, there is a garrison who lives there, but can that be defined as a residence? My concern is that-.”

Keaghen Armas: “These establishments may be used as perverted representations of those settled there as citizens and not as military.”

Keaghen Armas: “The fort shouldn't be treated as a residence unless it is immediately connected to a settlement. We want our towns to flourish. So, a fort that is independent of a legal settlement should not.”

Keaghen Armas: “Be considered a primary residence.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Mr President. Shall we not consider the armed forces of the Empire to be citizens that have the ability to hold residence in a Military Base?”

William Aubert: “This Chair notes that an amendment has been agreed upon by the author and accepted by this Chair -- unless the author moves to remove the amendment once more, such amendment shall remain in place. His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, is recognized -- shall he further wish to debate the subject.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Mr President. Shall we not consider the armed forces of the Empire to be citizens that have the ability to hold residence in a Military Base?”

Keaghen Armas: “A military installation is government property. It should not be considered a settlement own its own - a garrison attached to a settlement, such as the Bastion, is a different case.”

Keaghen Armas: “Furthermore,”

Keaghen Armas: “It is a fort, it's purpose should not be misconstructed to a settlement as it does not have that capability.”

Keaghen Armas: “FURTHERMORE.”

Keaghen Armas: “There is a possibility here of misusing the definition. As, could a bad actor not use this definition to shuffle voters into an area? For example,”

Keaghen Armas: “I believe both our Representatives from the South are not Rangers of Eastwood. Yet, both of them have claimed to live there to be on the ballot.”

Keaghen Armas: “Mr. President, you are not a Ranger of Eastwood, so how do you reside there?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Irulan is recognized.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I shall let the Right Honorable Irulan take this argument. As I fear I shall speak ill of your thoughts of politics and not for the people who wish to serve and fight for the Empire. It is underneath you Rep. Armas.”

Keaghen Armas: “Ay, t'is not thoughts on those who fight for us. It's the nature of what is considered a settlement.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “You hide your intentions in veiled words Right Honorable Arams.”

William Aubert: “Order! Order!”

George Galbraith: “Let us debate the procedure of legality, not attack our character.”

Keaghen Armas: “The President who claims to live amongst the Rangers of Eastwood.”

Idries Irulan: “There is a great difference between a garrison such as Southbridge, and a fort built simply for military protection.”

Idries Irulan: “May I proceed, Mr. President? As I understand it, it was I that was called to speak.”

William Aubert: “Both the Right Honourable Representative Armas & His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, shall SILENCE themselves this instant -- this Chair shall remind this Honourable House not to speak unless called upon by this Chair.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Irulan might proceed.”

Idries Irulan: “Thank you.”

Idries Irulan: “Now then,”

Idries Irulan: “Southbridge is no Star Fort. It is not an empty monolith, manned by a few men and awaiting occupation by Imperial forces in the event of a siege.”

Idries Irulan: “The men who man it /live/ there, many with their families.”

Keaghen Armas: “Ay, so southbridge is a settlement then?”

William Aubert: “I do not recall permitting the Right Honourable Representative Armas to speak -- this shall be his final warning before removal from today's sitting within this Honourable House.”

Idries Irulan: “Permanent installations for a large company of troops are a distinct class of structure, with their own unique mix of active duty soldiers and civilian attachees.”

Idries Irulan: “But in light of the service said soldiers are performing for the Empire, it is only just that they be relieved of heavy taxes.”

Idries Irulan: “I motion to vote.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Seconded, Mr President.”

Keaghen Armas: “Point of order!”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas shall be permitted to ask a question. The motion shall be noted and will occur after a final inquiry of the Right Honourable Representative Armas.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “If I may speak for a moment?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas is still permitted to finish his final inquiry prior to the effect of the motion.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “To hell with it, as you as Mr President.”

Keaghen Armas: “Thank y' Mister President.”

Keaghen Armas: “I find the name of the bill misleading. Clarification? Nay, this rather muddles the definitions of settlement in the Empire. -.”

Keaghen Armas: “In the case of settlements, one must live in a home t'vote. But, in the case of military installations, it is arbitrary. I believe the Rangers of Eastwood shall be considered citizens, but, I do not believe this legislation properly defines them. -.”

Keaghen Armas: “They are not a settlement, if they were, they would have their own government, proprietor, so on. To give them to right to claim anyone lives there leaves the southern district-.”

Keaghen Armas: “Completely open to manipulation at the polls. As, anyone can be posted there. Y'dnae have to be a ranger, you can just say y'live there. Such as-.”

Keaghen Armas: “I believe the Hon. President claims he lives there. Now, Mister President, are you a Ranger of Eastwood?”

William Aubert: “If the Right Honourable Representative van Wick wishes to address her naming of the act as a final notion -- she is recognized to do such.”

Keaghen Armas: “I support this bill in spirit, Mister President, but at its current stage it is not fit, only increasing possible misuse.”

Keaghen Armas: “Mister President, I asked you the question.”

Keaghen Armas: “Are you a ranger of eastwood?”

William Aubert: “I, as the President of this House, is not here to answer your questions -- nor shall you be allowed to once more speak out of turn. I am here to fairly moderate this Honourable House -- the Right Honourable Representative van Wick.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Mr President, may I make a motion to vote during the next sitting?”

Keaghen Armas: “I second such!”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall accept such motion and hereby adjourn the 2nd sitting of the 22nd Diet of the House of Commons -- dismissed.”

SUMMARIZED RECORD OF THE 2ND SESSION OF THE COMMONS

VOTE ON THE PONTIAN XANNIC BILL

COPY OF THE BILL

AYE:

Dima Carrion;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter cannot achieve majority and does not pass the House of Commons

VOTE ON THE CIVIL DAMAGES ACT

COPY OF THE BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter achieves majority and is sent to the House of Lords @Mirtok

VOTE ON THE AMENDMENT OF THE BARCLAY REFORM ACT

COPY OF THE BILL

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

Dima Carrion;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndel Yl’Asath;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

ABSENT

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter achieves majority and is sent to the House of Lords @Mirtok

VOTE ON THE WICK CLARIFICATION ACT

COPY OF THE BILL

SUSTAINED UNTIL NEXT SITTING

THIS HOREN'S CALLING, 1806

Present:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Absent:

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

William Aubert: “The 3rd Sitting of the 22nd Diet shall be called to session. His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, might present the first order of business.”

Franz Sarkozy: “It seems we're to be losing another member every month… First order of business….”

Franz Sarkozy: “Oh, a confirmation… Yes, it seems we've ought to confirm Napier for the Supreme Court, as appointed by His Imperial Majesty.”

Edward Napier: “Heh heh heh.”

William Aubert: “If the Honourable Edward Napier might present himself before the floor -- does the Representatives of this House wish to present questions for the candidate?”

Ophelia van Wick: “Honourable Napier, it brings concern to me that you wish to pursue the position of Supreme Court Justice, when you yourself have comitted the crime of Miscegenation, due to your relations of the Uruk.. Kin. Do tell the house, what can you provide to assure us that your heart still does not yearn for them?”

William Aubert: “The Honourable Napier may respond.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Did not miss much I do hope, apologizes for the delay.”

Edward Napier: “That is a legal and moral affair of some near twenty years ago. I resolved the matter both in the Courts, and with the Pontificate. I have recieved absolution from the Pontiff himself, James II, and settled my dues, moral and legal.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I applaud you, truly, for seeking redemption. But did you not present legislation during the last diet to legalize.. Half orcish offspring to class as people?”

Ophelia van Wick: “I applaud you, truly, for seeking redemption. But did you not present legislation during the last diet to legalize.. Half orcish offspring to class as people?”

Edward Napier: “I introduced legislation to ensure that all mixed descendants were counted as legal persons.”

Ophelia van Wick: “But that legislation would have covered your children created during your affairs with the orcish woman, as all other races are covered. Yet, it remains, the only ever recorded peer to have procreated with an Uruk is yourself, Mr Napier.”

Edward Napier: “A personal matter, I should think, irrelevant to my abilities as a Judge.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Your abilities as a judge comes with following the law Mr Naper, also forging legislation for your own children also seems quite personal does it not?”

Edward Napier: “I object to your rather loaded term of forging, I was a legislator making legislation. I was writing legislation to support a culture of equality amongst descendants, inspired by our holy texts.”

Edward Napier: “I should hope you, Miss Van Wick, do not oppose our sacred histories and the motivations inspired by them.”

Ophelia van Wick: “That is all, Mr President.”

William Aubert: “Any other Representatives wish to question the Honourable Napier?”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Raven is recognized.”

Soloman Raven: “Aye, you will judge equally in class will you?”

Edward Napier: “I can promise you that, yes. The Nenzing Proclimation, the founding cultural document of our modern Empire establishes that all citizens have unalienable rights, and as a Judge - I must deliver those fairly, regardless of background.”

Soloman Raven: “Very well very well, erm, should be enough P'sident.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Edward, I believe you to be a man of knowledge and capability; however, I hold concern in regards to your history. I worry regarding your past in events and situations, if that you would remain impartial, and away from political affairs while remaining on the highest court of the land.”

Edward Napier: “I would. I understand, frankly - I have a very.. Opinionated and colourful past. However, I have served this country for a very long time. I served under Peter III.”

Edward Napier: “I am concious enough of myself to seperate my own… personal histories and dramas from this nation.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Not a soul shall question your service towards the Holy Orenian Empire Edward, I question your ability to remain imparital from affairs of politics and dealings that are not suited for the role -- can you speak to that?”

Edward Napier: “My partial affairs have been a political matter - the Supreme Court is not a political matter. It is a matter of textualism and good sense. I know the ORC, I know the courts. It is not my job to deliver schemes or thoughts or ploys or plots. It is my….”

Edward Napier: “Duty to deliver a sound legal ruling.”

Edward Napier: “That, I can promise you I shall deliver.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I shall hope that you refrain from schemes and ploys if you are elected to such an honor, I yield my time Mr President.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative van Wick is recognized -- This Chair shall call this the final question of the Honourable Napier prior to vote.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Thank you, Mr President. Aside from expierience of prosecution within our courts of law, have you actually ever stood in presiding over a court?”

Edward Napier: “My Grandfather and father served on the courts. I have not, but -.”

Edward Napier: “But..”

Edward Napier: “I have a very good foundation of both the process and the legal texts themselves.”

Ophelia van Wick: “You wish to dive into our highest courts without having ever stepped foot in legal affairs? How amusing, I yield my time Mr President.”

William Aubert: “We shall vote on the confirmation of the Honourable Edward Napier to the Supreme Court.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall vote nay.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas cotes Aye!”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Representative Armas -- who shall vote after addressed by this Chair.”

Keaghen Armas: “R comes b'fore U in the alphabet, Mister President.”

William Aubert: “And the Chair always votes first, Representative -- now vote.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes Aye!”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor.”

George Galbraith: “Galbraith votes Aye.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Sarkozy votes Aye.”

Soloman Raven: “Heh? Erm, aye?”

William Aubert: “If the gentleman. Might remove himself from the floor.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Nay.”

William Aubert: “And let us see if His Imperial Excellency, the Vice Chancellor, has awoken?”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Indeed, I thank you Mr President. D'Azor shall vote nay.”

William Aubert: “With 4 to the Ayes and 3 to the Nays and 0 to the Abstained -- the matter of the confirmation of the Honourable Edward Napier has not achieved majority and shall move to absentee voting.”

VOTE ON THE CONFIRMATION OF EDWARD NAPIER TO THE SUPREME COURT

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

The matter does not achieve majority and letter a sent for absentee votes

The Right Honourable Representative de Aurdan @ausubung

The Right Honourable Representative Irulan @Birdnerdy

The Right Honourable Representative Kelmenour @audyush

The Right Honourable Representative Velu’Asath @Luminaire

William Aubert: “Thank you, Mister Napier.”

Edward Napier: “Thank you for your time.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, may present the second order of business.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Now, next up, we've the Marshall Bill, which I shall allow the author the present for us.”

George Galbraith: “The AIS War with Rubern.”

George Galbraith: “The Sutican War.”

George Galbraith: “The Inferi War.”

George Galbraith: “These three wars are only some of the conflicts that the valorant Imperial State Army has risked their lives in. Every day, whether it be keeping our city safe, or eradicating foreign threats, I am sure all of us can share the fact that we can sleep soundly at night knowing our soldiers protect us.”

George Galbraith: “They work tirelessly, without regard for reward nor recognition.”

George Galbraith: “As legislators of this great nation, it is our responsibility, our duty to hold faith in our soldiers, and give them the respect and privileges they deserve.”

George Galbraith: “And it is only necessary that this bill - that works to do so - by rewarding our hardest working soldiers, is named after the valiant soldier himself, Sir Henry Marshall.”

George Galbraith: “This bill aims to legislate land grants and allowances for long serving members and their families.”

George Galbraith: “I yield my time to the Chair, for any pertinent questions.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “I wish to keep my comments brief, I thank Representative Galbraith for allowing me to help in crafting this bill, as well as General d'Arkent. I wish to share the details of the founding of this bill. Sir Henry Marshall, who was a father to so many within the Imperial State Army had been elected to this body for the goal of this very bill. Rep Galbraith and I saw it fitting to name it's consideration under his name in dedication. I shall hope we look for the veterans who passed without blessings that the Empire should grant, such as Lt Stervon Shadowsteel, who died homeless and in poverty after decades of service.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Shall we look to the heroes of the Empire that have granted us the ability to live such prosperous lives, in there honor, this bill must pass.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “Thank you.”

William Aubert: “Shall there be any questions for the bill?”

William Aubert: “No? Good. Let us vote.”

William Aubert: “This Chair shall vote aye.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas vote AYE”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas vote AYE”

Ledicort d'Azor: “D'Azor votes Aye.”

George Galbraith: “Galbraith votes AYE.”

Soloman Raven: “Huh? Oh erm, Nay.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Van Wick votes Aye.”

William Aubert: “With 6 to the Ayes and 1 the Nays and 0 to the Abstained -- the matter of the Marshall Bill has, due to the unfortunate events in relation to the Right Honourable Representative Carrion, achieved majority and is sent to the House of Lords.”

VOTE ON THE MARSHALL BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

Ledicort d’Azor;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

The matter has achieved majority and is sent to the House of Lords @Mirtok

Soloman Raven: “Damn.”

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, may present the third order of business.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Let's get through the Rainy Day Act, then the Wick Clarification Act. For the first, I will once again allow the author of the bill to come forth and present the bill.”

Keaghen Armas: “Thank y' Archchancellor, and my fellow Representatives.”

Keaghen Armas: “My two bills relate to each other, so my introduction may somewhat reflect both - but the Budget Stability Act may wait if time is needed.”

Keaghen Armas: “Both acts create an account within the Treasury Office. While the function of both acts could be independently performed by the Treasury Office, the matter of legislating them assures the long term protection of the Empire's finances.”

Keaghen Armas: “Government comes and goes, so putting this into law protects the Empire's finances for years to come.”

Keaghen Armas: “Simply, the Rainy Day Act is a savings account. It takes a 3% cut off of annual government revenue, where funds will build until it is needed. This is an account to assure the government has spare mina when the people need it.”

Keaghen Armas: “To be accessed requires either the Emperor or the House of Commons, ensuring funds retrieved from this house has proper justification.”

Keaghen Armas: “Should we go to war, or need to develop a town, so on, this bill makes sure there are funds.”

Keaghen Armas: “I hope you can all support a healthy treasury. Thank you.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I motion to vote.”

William Aubert: “Thank you. Let us vote then.”

William Aubert: “On the matter of the Rainy Day Bill -- this Chair shall vote aye.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes Aye

Ledicort d'Azor: “D'Azor votes abstain.”

George Galbraith: “Galbraith votes AYe.”

Soloman Raven: “God damn Nay I say. Excuse me.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Van Wick votes to abstain.”

William Aubert: “With 4 to the Ayes and 1 to the Nays and 2 to the Abstained -- this matter does not achieve majority and shall be sent to absentee votes.”

VOTE ON THE RAINY DAY BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, may present the fourth order of business.”

Franz Sarkozy: “May the author of the Wick Clarification Act present their bill.”

William Aubert: “If the Right Honourable Representative Raven could lower his coughing slightly, that would be appreciated.”

Ophelia van Wick: “This bill stands to further define residency with the adition made to further involve Militaristic charters.”

Soloman Raven: “Excuse me Mr. Presidento.”

Ophelia van Wick: “I yield my time, Mr President, I do not think further elaboration is needed.”

Keaghen Armas: “I motion a cote.”

Keaghen Armas: “Vote.”

Soloman Raven: “Thirded.”

William Aubert: “On the matter of the Wick Clarification Bill -- This Chair shall vote aye.”

Keaghen Armas: “Armas votes abstain”

Ledicort d'Azor: “D'Azor votes Aye.”

George Galbraith: “Abstain.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Sarkozy shall abstain.”

Soloman Raven: “Nay, duh.”

William Aubert: “The Right Honourable Repsentative van Wick.”

Ophelia van Wick: “Aye.”

William Aubert: “And has the Right Honourable Representative Galbraith awoken?”

Keaghen Armas: “Nay.”

William Aubert: “Either way. With 3 to the Ayes and 1 to the Nay and 3 to the Abstained -- the matter of the Wick Clarification Bill has not achieved majority and shall be sent to absentee votes.”

VOTE ON THE WICK CLARIFICATION BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

William Aubert: “His Imperial Excellency, the Archchancellor, may present the fifth order of business -- This Chair shall note that this bill shall have no more than 20 Saint's Minutes before the floor: As this Honourable House shall adjourn at such time.”

Franz Sarkozy: “This ought to be the final bill of the day, as this is the Sunday of the Superb Bowl, and I am sure many of us must soon depart. For the Budget Stability Act, may the author come forward and present the bill.”

Keaghen Armas: “Much akin to the Rainy Day Act, this bill creates an account in the Treasury Office.”

Keaghen Armas: “This act in it's function is a safeguard in case of revenue shortfall. It will establish the Budget Reserve, an account with a maximum balance of 500 mina.”

Keaghen Armas: “These funds could then be loaned to the government on a four year contract. This fund is populated by 3% of government revenue until it reaches a balance 500 minas.”

Keaghen Armas: “Note, that the balance includes debt owed to the account. So, no payments will be made to the account once it initially reaches 500 minas unless it is increased.”

Keaghen Armas: “This act seeks to protect the funding to our valuable institutions and the ISA. Consider that government revenue unexpectedly falls. If the Treasury was not prepared, someone would not get paid.”

Keaghen Armas: “By taking a Reserve Loan, the Treasury would spread a budgetary shortfall over 4 years instead of one, giving some stability to the budget; hence the name Budget Stability Act.”

Keaghen Armas: “In all, it's a mechanism for the government to lend from itself and be prepared in case of short-term revenue shortages.”

Keaghen Armas: “This is a mechanism to protect us- I hope you can all see the merit in that.”

Keaghen Armas: “Thank you.”

William Aubert: “Any questions?”

Soloman Raven: “Motion to vote.”

Franz Sarkozy: “Seconded.”

William Aubert: “On the matter of the Budget Stability Act -- This Chair shall abstain.”

Ledicort d'Azor: “D'Azor shall Abstain.”

William Aubert: “THe Right Honourable Representative Raven.”

Soloman Raven: “Nay I have places to be.”

William Aubert: “With 3 to the Ayes and 1 to the Nays and 2 to the Abstained -- the matter of the Budget Stability Bill has not achieved majority and shall be sent to absentee votes.”

‎‎

VOTE ON THE BUDGET STABILITY BILL

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

The Right Honourable Representative van Wick @TheIchorDruid

William Aubert: “With such -- this Honourable House shall hereby be adjourned for the session. Good day, gentlemen.”

SUMMARIZED RECORD OF THE 3RD SESSION OF THE COMMONS

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

VOTE ON THE MARSHALL BILL

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

Ledicort d’Azor;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

The matter has achieved majority and is sent to the House of Lords @Mirtok

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

VOTE ON THE BUDGET STABILITY BILL

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Franz Sarkozy;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Idries Irulan

The Right Honourable Representative van Wick @TheIchorDruid

Annabelle Kelmenour pens in a letter to the House of Commons. Kelmenour votes on AYE on all bills, but abstains from the Wick Clarification Act. 

Idries sends in his votes:

AYE for the confirmation of Naper.

AYE for the Marshall Bill.

NAY for the Rain Day act.

AYE on the Wick Clarification.

NAY on the Budget Stability. 

THIS HOREN'S CALLING, 1807

Present:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy;

Vimmark-Roussard;

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

Absent:

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

Ledicort d’Azor;

William Aubert: “I hereby call the 4th Sitting of the 22nd Diet to Session. We shall start with a brief notion from the later session - in relation to the absentee votes -- thereafter we shall move onto the first order of business.”

William Aubert: “On the confirmation of the Honourable, Edward Napier -- Kelmenour voted AYE. Irulan voted AYE. With 6 to the Ayes and 3 to the Nays and 0 to the Abstained: The Honourable, Edward Napier, is confirmed for Supreme Justice.”

AYE:

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy;

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

NAY

ABSTAIN

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The matter does achieve majority and Edward Napier is appointed to the Court

William Aubert: “On the Rainy Day Bill -- Kelmenour voted AYE. Irulan voted NAY. With 5 to the Ayes and 2 to the Nays and 2 to the Abstained: The matter has not achieved majority nor been striken down within this House and shall remain in absentee vote.”

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Kaeghen Armas;

George Galbraith;

Annabelle Kelmenour;

Franz Sarkozy;

NAY

Soloman Raven;

Idries Irulan;

ABSTAIN

Ledicort d’Azor;

ABSENT

Alyndyl Velu’Asath;

Godwin E. de Aurdan;

The Right Honourable Representative de Aurdan

The Right Honourable Representative Velu’Asath

William Aubert: “On the Wick Clarification Act -- Kelmenour voted ABSTAIN. Irulan voted AYE. With 4 to the Ayes and 1 to the Nays and 4 to the Abstained: This matter has not achieved majority nor been striken down within this House and shall remain in absentee vote.”

AYE:

William Theodore Aubert;

Ledicort d’Azor;

Idries Irulan;