[✗] [Voidal Feat] Arcane Sculpting

Lhindir_

what do you MEAN I don’t have 23 blatantly overpowered 3 emote spells in my lore?? how can I WIN if arcanism isn’t a 1 slot overloaded magic??

-1 **** concept plus you’re white

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit bro i need this

very good, very good

On 1/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, Lhindir_ said:

Purpose

The creative and artistic potential in Arcanism should not have suffered due to its one-sided and blatant existence as a combat Magic used to get an edge over other Magi. Arcane Sculpting’s creative freedom lies only in its ability to make weapons/objects that have no advantage in combat, bar minor resistance to moderately low or high temperature, whilst similarly having a crushing and utter weakness to thanium.

Before I give feedback I’d like to state something;

I did not create Arcanism with any intention of it having an edge of other magi. I created a magic based on aesthetic and the freedom to choose what you did with it. It was largely used in events and the system of magic simply outgrew its standards. The only blatant thing about it is its diversity.

It is upsetting to see so many people who used my lore slandering me and my years of work just so they can pander to the current ST. I loved my magic, I was a master of its artistic uses, and I understood why it had to go. I also understand why people want something like it back but please all who attempt to re-write my **** be a little kinder. Its hard to read something only to see a tags like this on the end. I’d like to return to my magic someday instead if feeling ostracized. 

As for actual feedback;

Arcanism leaving the realm shouldn’t be explained via lore documents. It needs proper event lines if even just a small part returns. Otherwise it will still be missing the one thing that lead to its eventual hard shelving. Why? Why does it exist and what long term effects does it have on the world? How does this go from being a clique magic into being something cultural again?

It should also be noted that if this lore below is accepted then you would very likely be able to do arcane weaponry, art, and structures.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, BrandNewKitten said:

Before I give feedback I’d like to state something;

I did not create Arcanism with any intention of it having an edge of other magi. I created a magic based on aesthetic and the freedom to choose what you did with it. It was largely used in events and the system of magic simply outgrew its standards. The only blatant thing about it is its diversity.

It is upsetting to see so many people who used my lore slandering me and my years of work just so they can pander to the current ST. I loved my magic, I was a master of its artistic uses, and I understood why it had to go. I also understand why people want something like it back but please all who attempt to re-write my **** be a little kinder. Its hard to read something only to see a tags like this on the end. I’d like to return to my magic someday instead if feeling ostracized. 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Arcanism leaving the realm shouldn’t be explained via lore documents. It needs proper event lines if even just a small part returns. Otherwise it will still be missing the one thing that lead to its eventual hard shelving. Why? Why does it exist and what long term effects does it have on the world? How does this go from being a clique magic into being something cultural again?

Why does Arcanism necessitate an event? If we're doing that because it's a relatively old magic that got the boot then when we're giving lightning evo its event? We can't force a magic to be cultural, if only we could, but there's a tendency on LoTC to be more willing to pass around weaker magics, everyone and their mother has housemagery and fire evo, so that'll help with it being cliqued because this isn't the 20 spell powerhouse that Arcanism ended up as.

It should also be noted that if this lore below is accepted then you would very likely be able to do arcane weaponry, art, and structures.

That magic is mainly MArt creation, with some servants thrown in for spice, so shouldn't majorly overlap with this.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:30 AM, BrandNewKitten said:

Disagree. I understand that it wasn’t your intention, but the lore was written in such a vague and non-descriptive way there was no solid base for the effects of spells. As a result, it got powergamed and abused beyond Hell, notably outside of events and mostly in CRP. Arcanism got shelved as a result of being an incredibly bland Magic that had around 30 combative spells in varying versatility, plus over-stigmatization after being spread to everyone and their grandmother. The new lore standards made its issues realized, and it was dealt with very appropriately.

Yeah pal, I’m sure that “harass BNK” is at the top of the ST’s agenda. There’s been some less than kind remarks about your lore, but also some very appropriate criticism. People may say what they wish to.

As for actual feedback;

No it doesn’t. Just let people leave it up to their characters’ interpretations instead of shoehorning in some unnecessary event line. I’d understand if it was a deity magic or something of similar design, but Voidal Magic doesn’t need to have some complex explanation behind a shelf.

To my understanding, this lore literally only lets you make neat aesthetic contraptions. It contains nothing that panders to the aesthetic of Arcanism, nor resembles it behind allowing materials to glow. Having heard the author of Arcane Sculpting’s thoughts and intent with this lore, is stated in the introduction that it alludes to Combustionary’s old MArt and the culture surrounding it. There’s more intent behind this piece then just being lazy aesthetic that let’s you make **** glow.

Unrelated, but I see you bring up Arcanism/Celestialism on near every post you make. Do you want a medal or something?

Edited by IsaacFromLotC

On 2/4/2021 at 6:55 AM, IsaacFromLotC said:

Unrelated, but I see you bring up Arcanism/Celestialism on near every post you make. Do you want a medal or something?

Not sure why you are acting like I **** in your coffee but dude... cold. Do you have one though? Asking for a friend. 

It’s the one thing on LoTC I have a connection to & I’d like to input my opinion to something I was passionate about. Of course it’s all you will see from me. I’m a magic goblin, you see?

Also I’m not whining about being harassed. I’m whining about people taking every opportunity to criticize something that worked during that older iteration of LoTC magic (i.e. when everything was vague). It’s outdated & from a simpler time. It was obvious that it had to go come lore games.

It is okay for me to request that lore writers leave out the big middle finger taglines in their OOC sections though. I know they don’t have to listen but I can still request. I recognize that it’s unintentional but I’m still here, reading your lore, getting excited about it. 

As for the lore I pinned; It’s been in lore channel for longer, hasn’t been talked about, and I thought seemed very similar in terms of aesthetics & theme. It seems like it could get in the way of the acceptance of this piece.  

Oh, but after thinking about it I agree about the event idea. It’s up to the players to create culture around something. It doesn’t work to force it via events.

@Lhindir_my apologies if my initial comment was rather aggressive. Your lore is fine. I just get in a tude about lore sometimes. 

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.