Edition I of Fi'Maehr

Fi’Maehr

In Pursuit of New Knowledge

Published 358 ES

rCGyKywiCiOTHU1-Z_HMCooebAkwY_FjKuh2Sdur6qE_mnBNlZX1YEiiIreJ4osnSMYgYD2dy7lBTigXXcwGXG9faKG81Y_yulwpk4e5VGyNwLTdKjBkLgP6EcGzKBTylluPZteT

This newspaper was written on the part of several elves within Haense, in order to both familiarize our valah lliran with our habits and provide information to new elves entering the city. It should be expected Fi’Maehr will be posted every two to three elvish weeks, to provide ample time for the writing and collection of articles.

rCGyKywiCiOTHU1-Z_HMCooebAkwY_FjKuh2Sdur6qE_mnBNlZX1YEiiIreJ4osnSMYgYD2dy7lBTigXXcwGXG9faKG81Y_yulwpk4e5VGyNwLTdKjBkLgP6EcGzKBTylluPZteT

Notable Mali in Haense

Renae Arvellon the Surgeon General

This notable mali came to the scene as Surgeon General in the aftermath of the late Eleanor Barclay nee Amador’s passing. Her mal’onn, Becclain, had originally considered applying but decided against it as he grew older, and thus Renae applied in his stead. Her tenure thus far has been marked by the full settlement into Almaris and the revival of the medical staffing within Haense after a bout of poor service activity after Eleanor’s passing. It should be noted, as she has pointed out, that a great deal of Mali have come to Haense and now serve as medical staff at Saint Amayas’ Hospital. Additional programs are in the works to see outreach to train those who are willing to learn. 

“So far, everything is well!”

- Renae Arvellon, 14th of Malin’s Welcome, Year 9

When asked about her life in Haense and what part of it has been the most fulfilling, thus far, Renae stunned me with her answer; teaching in the academy about her life’s pursuit to a younger generation so that they too may pursue their own path in it. It seems no matter how far an elf may roam that they will always have the desire to share and obtain knowledge within.

Drink of the Year

After much deliberation, this year’s “Drink of the Year” has been declared Wittenbach Warehaus’ Karosgrad White Wine!

rWHNAofwJ_ICKQNSiPQ2NVnw-vQuGnO_TOLphtVK3ijj-LfuUrXm3jObvjYjQw3dMeZJgeEq0aDAw0l9Sx-67418ddfSAgxn6v6Y6hihMpc3Sz3Jey21N1b2jaUJ8ISC2364glgL

Notably, Karosgrad White is made with local grapes that have managed to prosper in the frigid climates of Haense’s borders. The resilience required for such makes this wine truly remarkable. Though, this wine is perfectly sweet for the tongue that does not appreciate the more acrid flavors of bitter reds available in the city, with full body and plenty of flavor.

The Author has several suggestions on the best way to pair this local speciality, and will more than happily share them below:

Serve chilled with warm, spiced dishes to balance the palette, 

|OR| serve alongside salty dishes for that desired sweet and salty affair.

It is, however, implored of you to not pair this wine with chocolate, not even dark chocolate; for desserts, pair the Karosgrad White with caramels or butterscotches, vanilla, coconut, or fruit. 

Mali Owned Businesses and Start-Ups

With the influx of mali added to the local population of Karosgrad, it was only to be expected that businesses would follow those who came through those gates to seek something new and untamed. While this has been meager, at best, it is only expected that more businesses will join the lot.

A staple prior to the population boom was the Rising Sun Boutique, formerly Asul’onn Goods, offers tailory services alongside fine jewelry. It, additionally, sells homemade wine from the talonnii’s “Sunlit Brewery” made with a sweet berry blend, comparable to a zinfandel. For the not so wine inclined, a zinfandel is a type of red wine that could be easily mistaken for a rosé. 

Straight from its historic hub in Haelun’or, Seregon Goods and Imports is now fully available in Karosgrad’s Wittenbach’s Warehaus. This shop was founded in the mid 1740s in Arcas and had a small stall in Oren’s capital Helena towards the end of the descendant’s time on the continent. The most notable, recognizable, product from this long standing business is the Seregon Strawberry Port, and is best served without chilling. 

The Author hopes to see a rise in more mali owned businesses in coming years, for the pursuit of progress and health of all of us.

Theft in Haense

Oddly enough, the arrival and boom in the population of elves within the city has not been without incident. With so many new faces traveling in and out of Karosgrad, it seems a mali burglar made themselves apparent on the corner of May’s Alley and Robert’s Road, at the Asul’onn Household.

A report was filed by the family after ascertaining that they had, in fact, been burglarized. The HRA has yet to turn up a suspect, but there  will be an uptick in patrols due to the number of burglaries, both attempted and successful, that have been noted. All elves within May’s Alley and Robert’s Road are encouraged to secure their valuables and check their locks regularly.

Only cowards steal childhood belongings.

A Note to the New Mali of Haense

Despite everything that has happened with the fall of Haelun’or, Haense has continued to be welcoming to all Mali. I had started working in Haense during the Inferni conflict because I wanted to better my medical skills without having to worry about messing up on a fellow mali. During this time, though I did fight a few on some different ideologies (a certain bortu comes to mind), I had come to realize that much like the city we left; if you work to make a name for yourself, you will do much better in Haense. There are many alleys you may pursue, and each offers a chance to differ yourself while not necessarily losing our ways. Yes, it’s weird and frustrating to have to debate the notion of a creator and whether or not they are an actual being, but it is worth to have more opportunities to show the others our ways while we live among valah, bortu, and other mali.

Signing off for now,

~Aestenia Aevaris

"Ho ho ho, so many newspapers" Ser Brandt Barclay gave a cheeky smile as he clapped his hands a bit "How Karosgrad is booming!"

An Elfess would smile upon reading the newspaper, though her cheer would vanish as she neared the end of the article. 

"If I get my hands on them, I swear, I'll be throwing them to Ira!" She would growl, still incredibly wroth over the whole affair.

@MangoManMini

Friedrich Barclay lit up a cigarette as he read over the paper. "Well, they did nicht get the theft story wrong, good reporting." He'd say to himself.

*With bravado, Alad would pay for the newspaper*

Spoiler

if there is a subscription let me know, I'll post it in the guild

*The honest words and welcoming freedoms of Haense would bring a tear to his eye.*

"Now this is a people I can support." *He would say as other guild members began to set up the bar within the guild.*

"Haelun'or ruined their chances with this tyrannical government they have. And yes I'm still pissed they tried to acid pit me for handing out 10% coupons."

"We should take the example of such a proud people. All shall be allowed to work. Even the half elves. they are people too. From Krugmar orc to hafling, all shall be equal in this guild. Unlike that wretched hive. Silver city." *He would scoff at it.*

*The paper would be left on the guild counter for others to read*

“They tried to what with a mali’aheral? Acid them? For business?” Alyssa Seregon seemed very shocked and surprised simply letting out a sigh of sorrow for the fallen republic. “Oh how deep my homeland as sunk into the seaShe said with a disappointed tone, while drinking her tea.

Bishop Otho of Valwyck would say to himself, after reading the last article of the newspaper "Show others our way? I hope they do not mean to spread the heathenous culture of Haelun'or, thus corrupting our Canonist society. There is no need for any debate, the Godani is REAL and the faith of the Canon is the one TRUE faith."