January - Moderation Update Log

peachcool

3 minutes ago, Worldeater said:

I say this politely so you can have some understanding about the nature of events right now and what's happening.

Moderators are no longer Global Moderators and have not been for 3-4 years. This shift was made ages ago and remains that way. Neither do Team Leads exist anymore; they are just admins. On top of that, the server's activity is not entirely supplemented by events and never has been, and events are not done to create trickle down role-play. It's not up to staff to force players to role-play or constantly drive their personal rp with a stimulus. It's our job to write plotlines players can opt-in to and have fun when they'd like, and that's the primary focus of the Event Sect of the Story Team. 

Events are done to create cohesive overarching narratives and plotlines and are consistently worked on. Even during our brief pause where we had our Manager on a well-earned hiatus after the Inferi eventline, many ET (Spoon I can imagine off the top of my head firstly) did continue to do events for people. Without oversight we cannot do major global events as those are kept to management.

It is not the prerogative of Moderation to intersect and make demands of other teams. It'd be equally as obtuse to have a Community Team member ordering Moderators around. Our teams have been re-stratified multiple times. In my opinion, as a former Global Moderator as well, this is wonderful! 

There should be no pressure as you put it because back during the Inferi eventline, I was spending 4-5 hours per event, on top of college and my part-time job. Are you saying that I should be putting in tons of these hours fo hard work into an overarching global plotline every single week and getting zero respite to attend to my real life duties? Just to be told by some Moderator that I hardly know, who is not involved with my team at all, to behave a certain way when conducting my events when they aren't even good at doing events?

I find that to be an unreasonable expectation personally and I really do disagree. 

I'd be happy to speak with you via discord rather than clutter this thread so you can get a better understanding of where I am coming from so no one directly feels targeted. 

I thank the moderation team for what they're doing. But I believe more can be done in other aspects to help other (struggling) teams. 

1 minute ago, Cloakedsphere said:

I'd be happy to speak with you via discord rather than clutter this thread so you can get a better understanding of where I am coming from so no one directly feels targeted. 

I thank the moderation team for what they're doing. But I believe more can be done in other aspects to help other (struggling) teams. 

I don't send out my personal Discord because of stuff that's happened in the past. I'm down to message you on the forums (DMs) though and have a cordial discussion. 

15 minutes ago, Cloakedsphere said:

I am going to be 100% honest and say that these tasks "in progress" are doing nothing to actually help underlying issues of LotC. I know you're moderation team, but pressure story team into creating more events for the whole server and not just a small select group of players to keep the server entertaining.

Cleaning up the forums, Interviewing people for certain tasks, and coup rules are things that need attention, sure, but they're at the bottom of the list in terms of priority. You cant have the server sit for another 2-3-4 months or more waiting for rules to be finished writing and expect people to stick around in game. We need to pressure other staff teams (mainly story team and admin team) to push out more events and more meaningful updates to players in game. Not on the forums.

The vortex craze is wearing off. The new-ness of the map is already wearing off. People are already starting to drop here and there. I'd like to see some of these types of problems addressed before ANY of the in-progress stuff you've listed. Thank you though for taking the time to break down what you're doing.

It's the job of the Moderation Team to moderate the server and enforce its rules, as the name clearly suggests. The differing teams work independently from each other, but there is some collaboration if there are projects that align. Now, either you're crass or you're just plain ignorant, the point stands that you don't actually know how staff teams work despite claiming to be a former GM. It is not the job of Moderation to "pressure" other teams to do what they want. Story Team has their own stuff to handle that could be getting in the way of doing events 24/7. Keep in mind that events, especially large events, do require some time to formulate as the creative process is not a simple one. If you're really concerned about events, instead of trying to milk Story Team dry to the point of exhaustion, make meaningful roleplay experiences by yourself and participate in player-run events. Or an even better idea, join the Story Team yourself and make events, you'd be helping everyone out after all!!!!

amazing

anyone know when pmc page is finally getting its update since its already 2 maps out of date!

2 hours ago, peachcool said:

Permitted Server Mods [IN PROGRESS]

This project is simply about the permitted mods on the server. There will be clarifications about what kind of mods can be used and rules around them. I can’t touch much on it because nothing is decided until we get public feedback but we're hoping to have it finished sometime during February.

Why? I think our current rules about no player radar/no cheats is perfectly fine, it doesn't need anything else added on. Unless this is to address the new clients everyone is using @peachcool

1 hour ago, Abyssus said:

Why? I think our current rules about no player radar/no cheats is perfectly fine, it doesn't need anything else added on. Unless this is to address the new clients everyone is using @peachcool

General clarifications and rules around mods in general - I'm still figuring everything out and I plan to make a post about it soon which will explain more.

3 hours ago, JustGrim said:

moderation secretary? what does that do?

i have proven to be useless with posting this monthly update

11 hours ago, peachcool said:

Almaris War-Rewrite [COMPLETED]
meaningful conflict.

ATTACKER VICTORY

• Raids, banditry, etc. completely disallowed for 4 weeks.
  • CB protection. This protection may be revoked by Mod Management.
  • May pillage settlements in that tile. CB protection revoked.

Meaningful stakes.

Shivering in my boots that I might lose a war and... be immune from attacks for a month. The horror.

20 hours ago, Anore said:

i have proven to be useless with posting this monthly update

Fair enough

Holy ******* ****, how many tickets does moderation get? O.o

3 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Holy ******* ****, how many tickets does moderation get? O.o

What if I told you that's not even close to how many we've gotten in one month before

On 1/31/2021 at 10:07 PM, peachcool said:

General clarifications and rules around mods in general - I'm still figuring everything out and I plan to make a post about it soon which will explain more.

so a manger but by a different name? 👀

On 2/1/2021 at 1:54 AM, Basil Moroul said:

anyone know when pmc page is finally getting its update since its already 2 maps out of date!

What would you say is outdated on it? And if there is something can you please DM me, then I'll look what I can do. 
https://gyazo.com/5a97dfe1639ea7c854ae4377ce7be32a