NPC Lag - Input Needed

Llir

Should NPCs be temporarily removed until their performance issues can be resolved?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Should NPCs be temporarily removed until their performance issues can be resolved?

• Yes, remove them until issues are resolved
    • No, keep them despite the issues

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Bhased said:

make ooc opt in while you're at it please I beg @Telanir

This.

Is there the possibility of just removing the unimportant ones and all player owned NPCS? I think that the NPCs in tutorial island are extremely important, but so is the server performance. . .

3 hours ago, snoopie12 said:

Hmmm. Honestly a tough one. I would say just remove them temporarily, however I am worried about Tuturial Island. Now established players don't have a lot with this, but for newly accepted players it's the first they see. And the entire island consists out of NPC's to explain certain topics. 

20 minutes ago, DesiredBreakfast said:

Is there the possibility of just removing the unimportant ones and all player owned NPCS? I think that the NPCs in tutorial island are extremely important, but so is the server performance. . .

It's really only one way or another so that they can be reenabled properly when a fix is ready. Also I know in the post I mentioned its due to large number of NPCs, but this problem has been building since map launch, with even 30 NPCs there were still issues... just not as bad.

As long as they come back at some point. 

I would only vote yes if you could promise and deliver that the NPCS would be back in a week or under. Some of us have to make our living off of skin boutiques that USE npcs. You'd be cutting our hard work out from under us by removing NPCs for more than a week.

6 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I would only vote yes if you could promise and deliver that the NPCS would be back in a week or under. Some of us have to make our living off of skin boutiques that USE npcs. You'd be cutting our hard work out from under us by removing NPCs for more than a week.

You rather die every two hours after server restarts for ten minutes due to the extreme lag?

10 minutes ago, zzmarcc said:

You rather die every two hours after server restarts for ten minutes due to the extreme lag?

Perhaps you misheard. If he could guarantee it being under a week, then I would say go for it. There's also the possibility of only letting vip use 1 npc instead of letting the top vip have 4-6 npcs. If we only used 1 npc then that would cut down on the lag caused by npcs. Besides, I don't know how you're logging on, but try waiting a bit before logging on and the lag won't kill you if you use common sense.

Addon: if haense amd other nations didn't have all their statue npcs then that would cut down on the lag too.

3 hours ago, snoopie12 said:

Hmmm. Honestly a tough one. I would say just remove them temporarily, however I am worried about Tuturial Island. Now established players don't have a lot with this, but for newly accepted players it's the first they see. And the entire island consists out of NPC's to explain certain topics. 

Oh yeah I almost forgot about that! One of my characters is an npc there!

tbh they're just dumb more than anything

you get like the king himself personally handling the bank, and he won't even be using his character name but rather his mcname 

if the point of NPCs is to add immersion, they fail miserably at it

Removed until there is a fix? So in other words they will be gone forever 

I donated half a thousand dollars to help fund all the **** it takes to keep the server fast and smooth, not for npcs to stand around stalling and stealing our ticks. Get em out of here it’s only a couple weeks