NPC Lag - Input Needed

Llir

Should NPCs be temporarily removed until their performance issues can be resolved?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Should NPCs be temporarily removed until their performance issues can be resolved?

• Yes, remove them until issues are resolved
    • No, keep them despite the issues

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Llir said:

It's really only one way or another so that they can be reenabled properly when a fix is ready. Also I know in the post I mentioned its due to large number of NPCs, but this problem has been building since map launch, with even 30 NPCs there were still issues... just not as bad.

If there isn’t a middle option just get rid of them, it’ll hurt new player retention if they are playing on a laggy server just as much as the lack of NPCs would. 

There isn’t anything that will be effected too badly by the lack of NPCs, just might put a little bit of extra work on people.

Please only remove the NPCs temporarily until they're fixed. 

The NPCs add a lot of quality to our museums, as we can use them as mannequins to display old skins. I'd be very sad to see them go permanently. 

4cc1L8I.png

I'd say if you could possibly just only allow the core npcs and disable all the other ones that'd be a preferable outcome as I feel like banks and auction houses are just nice to physically see. If that is technically too arduous, I'd say remove them all until the fix can be created.

I think removing them could impact the new player experience but if someone lags out 10 times the first day they join a server that can't be right.

if u remove them, at least give donators perks to make up for these losses. We've already lost so much after the Eula debacle.