Self-Defense Classes

niya

Self-Defense

Classes and Courses

gsuXCri4BVFPK6y99SLVSTe9b3YnA1TBYJXimRacY1LyW6sUoF1g-m2cfGDlwdc1B7Pxe1gA9P-gBnXbl6jWoARyXwOxyI-qawWauxfvRkKmySzXfcpahpr0ktiVu4a-ZLIi3kGy

A Gathering in the Trissingham Gardens c. Year 9 of the Second Age

Penned by the hand of HIH Elisabeth Louise.

To the subjects of Almaris,

Her Imperial Highness, Elisabeth of Aldersberg, and the Lady Alexandrina of Österland wish to extend an invitation to all; no matter birth, breeding, or affluence, our self-defense classes, which the first meeting will be held at the Augustine Palace. 

TIMETABLE

I. INTRODUCTION TO SELF DEFENSE COURSES

A speech will be given by Her Imperial Highness, Wilhelmina Beatrix at the inception of the first meeting elucidating the contents of the lesson. Students will be required, by the conclusion of the seminar, to recognize the Four Stages of Self Defense and have a fundamental understanding of the beginnings of self-defense.

II. THE FOUR STAGES OF SELF DEFENSE

Members will be required to learn the Four Stages of Self Defense. 

i. Prepare for dealing with hazardous situations and violence, which is done through proper and adequate training.

ii. Anticipate potential threats and hazards through awareness that may be present anywhere you are.

iii. Recognize actual hazardous situations and threatening people.

iv. Respond properly to threatening situations and people. Response requires rapid evaluation of the immediate threat and your capabilities while understanding all the possible strategies and options available to you.

III. TASKS

Once the first meeting has been resolved, hopefully with success, students will be given tasks for training. Some of the tasks will be the following:

i. Fencing Tournaments will be at the end of every Saint’s year against the entire class. Subjects outside of the class are welcome to watch members fence.

ii. Practice. Practice. Practice is required to maintain your self-defense knowledge and skill. Practice will not be enforced but it will help you in later dates.

iii. Yearly Evaluations will take place before each Rewards Ceremony. Finalists will execute a certain amount of tasks in order to qualify for the next stages of self-defense. 

IV. A REWARDING CEREMONY

A Rewards Ceremony will be hosted every other saint’s year, regarding those who have accomplished the most. The honors will come in various amounts of mina, distinctive badges and sashes. Depending on how each member performed, their rewards will be different and diverse. Every Reward Ceremony will be held at the Augustine Palace. If there's a more important event in the palace, the award ceremony will be rescheduled for a later date.  

IN NOMINE DEI,

HIH, Elisabeth Louise Novellen of Aldersberg

Lady Alexandrina Frederica Pruvia of Österland

OOC:

How to apply

Character’s Name:

Character’s Age:

Discord:

What is your best and worst skill?:

Name: Mirabella Violet
Character's Age: 7
Discord: you dmed me this lmao

Best and worst skill?: God who know's

Character’s Name: Victoria Anne d'Arkent

Character’s Age: 25

Discord: AnonymousAlexa#1509

What is your best and worst skill?: Nothing and everything

“I’ll sign up if you sign up!” George Galbraith would pass the missive to Franz Sarkozy.

@Nectorist

Character’s Name: Franz Sarkozy

Character’s Age: 64

Discord: Nectorist#8102

What is your best and worst skill?: I am the best at punching things while I'm the worst at analyzing threats.

"Done," says Franz, passing the pen back to George. @MisterChenn

6 hours ago, niya said:

OOC:

How to apply

Character’s Name: George Galbraith 

Character’s Age: 56

Discord: Chenn#6807

What is your best and worst skill?: I am good at fighting with words. My knees fail me.

Character name: Anne Caroline

Discord: Fie#0010

Best/Worst skill: being a little ***** and probably running away from her guards. 

Character’s Name: Lei

Character’s Age: 33

Discord: xTelmster#0452

What is your best and worst skill?: Eh. Decent with a bow and a sword but not the best. Pretty agile.

Worst skill is probably anything to do with books or studying.