LIFSTALA - The Haeseni Season

livrose

THE HAESENI SEASON

Ve Lifstala

360 ES

______________________________________________________________________________________

It is with this official missive that the Queen's Council announce the beginning fo the new Haeseni tradition, Lifstala. Otherwise known as the Season, its aim is to bring together the eligible young people of the city in an andlesss whirlwind of festivities and pleasures as well as providing an opportunity to enjoy oneself in the upcoming events. There is no minimum age limit to partake in the festivities, since the Season is geared towards making friends as well as potential matches. 

It shall prove to be a thrilling few months crammed full of galas, teas, balls, sporting events and of course, enough time for friendships and new-found alliances to forge among those attending. invitations shall be distributed among residents of Karosgrad. 

During the weeks following, men are encouraged to call by the houses of the ladies that they find they wish to know better. Leave a calling card inviting the lady of interest to a further activity: perhaps a stroll, a picnic, riding through the woods or luncheon. Something to stand out and woo the lady of their choice. It is the hope that, not too long after the Season, the Lifstala matches can bloom into friendships and unions. 

60VmpnIglxW9P1dSnIc3VbNdF3LoDtv5-FH6UVAemCHDPZwtszZfnPvPMSggSi-H-2dv3IuKAEF6y7xP3cKqU33_MU1U8o25DaCrx_qowuS3YwQEs_xaOE2bMjUHW4_2AvRYdIm4

A depiction of a Haeseni ball. 

What follows is the itinerary for our first Lifstala of Haense.

THE PRESENTATION

The Lifstala will commence with the presentation of those participating during court. The name of each youth and whomever accompanies them will be announced. The person accompanying will usually be the Patriarch or Matriarch of their house or a parent. They will stand and be presented to the royal family. 

The Koenas may choose to ask a few questions, remain silent or outwardly draw her favour onto a participant for the season. This is deemed to be high praise indeed. Onlooking single men and woman may keep a keen eye out for a lady or lad who may suit their fancy, as well as Matriarchs and Patriarchs who are looking to seek an alliance for this Season. 

(OOC: Tuesday 9th February 3pm EST)

LADIES’ BREAKFAST

Closely following will be a ladies' breakfast for all ladies of the court (including those not participating in the Lifstala such as female relations and all female members of the court, despite their age). The Koenas will be present with her council - it is important to make a good impression. It will be a chance to relax, introduce oneself and enjoy the food so graciously provided. 

(OOC: Thursday 11th February 3pm EST)

ST JULIA’S COMPANIONS

An initial chance for all the participants to have some time getting to know one another in a more personal manner. In the palace gardens all those partaking in the Season will congregate at picnic blankets. It is encouraged that the youths speak privately or in small groups of threes, with the aim to chat and get to know one another on a more personal basis. 

Be sure to keep rotating to exchange words with everyone present. Pairs will be encouraged to go on short walks around the gardens, arm in arm, or to remain seated under the shade of the pavilion. Guardians, do not fear, for there will be chaperones to guide the event. 

This event is a chance to better know the other where it is acknowledged that most at the event are looking for potential matches to court. It is crucial, being at the beginning of the Season, to converse with as many as possible to broaden your choices for a most wonderfully suited match.

(OOC: Thursday 11th February 4pm EST)

A TOURNEY

Although not solely for men, it is encouraged that those who feel able to participate in this sporting event. This year, Karosgrad will hold a weaponless melee - whereby the victor will have proven their strength and prowess to the crowd. Anyone can sign up for this event, it isn't exclusive to the Season! There will be a monetry prize of 75 mina. 

(OOC: Friday 12th February 4pm EST)

FURTHER ACTIVITIES

Activities like Haeseni Chess are encouraged although not scheduled. It is a healthy way of competing with fellow participants and members of the court while showing intellect and skill. As mentioned before, activities between couples such as riding, promenading and picnicking are all dobry.

If an esteemed family should like to host their own luncheon, ball or hunt during the weeks of the Season it is very much encouraged. 

THE FINAL BALL

The highlight of the Season and the event marking the end of Lifstala will be held in the Nikirala Palace. Invitations to the ball are extended to everyone to partake in a night of festivities with sweeping music to dance to, plentiful food and drink as well as conversation and chatter that will secure the night in memories forever. 

Men and women must don their most formal wear and attend the ending bash to a triumphant Season. 

(OOC: Saturday 13th February 3pm EST)

POST-SEASON

The Patriarchs and Matriarchs of the ladies might receive proposals from men asking for permission to court, or, to marry. This is best done by the end of the Season or in the weeks following since a lady might have multiple suitors to answer. Be swift to ask to allow the lady more time to think. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

AN ADDED NOTE TO THE ORGANISER

The Haeseni Lifstala is versatile when it comes to the range of events per Season. Seasons can include entertainment in the form of a play, dancing performance or orchestra, perhaps. Additionally, different sporting events are widely popular. The itinerary for each Lifstala is up to the organiser, allowing for freedom and fun whilst arranging the upcoming weeks. However each year there are aspects which remain the same: the official Presentation to court and the ball marking the end of the festivities. 

SIGNED,

Her Royal Majesty, Isabel of Valwyck, Queen-Consort of Hanseti-Ruska 

The Right Honourable, Rosalind Amador de Astrea, Royal Chamberlain of Hanseti-Ruska

Aleksandra Ludovar scoffed upon reading of the new tradition of the Lifstala"Quite ridiculous, is it not?" she remarked, sliding the pamphlet over to her cousin, Kazimar"All these women flocking about in search of a husband? I will never marry. In act, the only event I will participate in will be the tournament." 

@HogoBojo

Isabella Barclay offered the pamphlet to her eldest, yet unmarried daughter, Marcella"I shall not force you to participate, but do consider it, will you, Marcella dear?" Each day, the elderly Dowager-Duchess lost more hope in the potential for her daughter's marriage. By now, she was beginning to accept her daughter's wishes.

@Zaerie

A two year old Ludovar child rubs his fatty baby-hands together in a maniacal fashion, as he plots to pre-order an eligible bachelorette for future use.

Ava Sirsk prayed that she would be able to dance with Lorenz again, her tiny brain rattling in her head as she began to pain Rienmar. @Diaolos_

Aeira Mondblume grinned at the opportunity to have fun, showing it to her family members who still hadn't found love.

Nicolas Barclay was oddly excited for, what he hoped, would be the event of the season for eligible bachelors and bachelorettes in Haense. He busied himself in his office in the Basilica of the Ascent of Exalted Godfrey and, in short time, a letter arrived to the palace addressed to the Queen-Consort of Haense @Juli, thanking her for hosting the series of events. In the envelope, a second piece of paper was found. It contained a sonnet.

I wait with baited breath for it to come,

A time to meet and treat with ladies fair.

Perhaps a chance to find at last the one

When next I enter court, oh do I dare?

A hint of rose, a flash of red, I seek.

A wit of fire to flame desire perhaps.

Or do I chance to find someone quite meek

That faints, deflates, and falls into my traps.

Whate'er befalls me in this grand affair,

I'll grow, discover all that sates my muse,

And I shall take this lesson with great care,

So that the one GOD fates, I shall not lose.

But in the end she'll have to love a man

Who must defend the Faith as best he can.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:20 PM, Totalitarian said:

A two year old Ludovar child rubs his fatty baby-hands together in a maniacal fashion, as he plots to pre-order an eligible bachelorette for future use.

The older, and much more cooler three year old Ludovar child thinks to one-up his younger brother, knowing that he is more cool and important.