[✗] [Alchemy Addition] Elixir Of Longevity

QliphothicCorvid

Long have the children of Horen sought ways to extend their short lives, yet few have found the means to do such with magics like necromancy and mysticism restricted from the public eye. The infinite potential of Alchemy grants comfort to the short lived humans, however slightly.

Name of Potion: Elixir of Longevity

Brief Description: This potion, allows one it extend their life, the cost being that they suffer a weakened immune system and internal functions.

Recipe:

Blood (Base)

x5 Life

x5 Vigor

x5 Endurance

x5 Order

x5 Grace

x1 Descendant Heart

Effects: The imbiber will have their lifespan increased by 5 years, this does not affect physical age. After consuming the Elixir, the drinker will find their stomach churning, and their heart racing, leaving them in a state of vulnerability for the rest of the OOC day. For the duration of the potion, (the next five years) the consumer will find themselves weaker, muscles will atrophy slightly, the digestive system is more sensitive.

Redlines:

- Only expands lifespan by 5 years, has no effect of physical aging

- To not RP the symptoms is powergaming

- During the first OOC day the drinker will not be able to fight properly in combat situations

- During the five year effect of the potion, the user will find themselves tuckered out faster than usual

- If the potion is consumed again during the five years, the potion will fail and the user will have another attack similar to the first OOC day

- Tier (Three)

- Must be ST signed

Edited by MiniMuffinNinja
Needed to edit the redlines

[x]

Just now, Mordhaund said:

Is this able to be infinitely stacked? I sure hope not.

O ****, lemme clarify

giphy.gif

me when i see you with an elixir of longevity 

So when five years is up, can they just drink this again and repeat? Cause I only see a redline for 'during' the five years. Not after. 

3 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

So when five years is up, can they just drink this again and repeat? Cause I only see a redline for 'during' the five years. Not after. 

After, yes, thinking about making a secondary cooldown

Tbh, I feel like players could easily disregard the weaknesses and abuse this terribly. No offense to your submission, I just don't trust some players.

hi. im not an alchemy roleplayer (Yet?) so take what i say with a grain of salt, it's nice in theory- but as Muna said, it feels like it can be easily abused. it also kinda feels like there should be a limit on how many times you can use this potion, i'm not 100% sure on how that works though, but, a nice idea.

2 hours ago, MiniMuffinNinja said:

- During the five year effect of the potion, the user will find themselves tuckered out faster than usual

This is a great idea. However, the red-lines aren't extensive enough in comparison to the rewards from this potion, in my opinion. How will the aftermath be moderated, in regards to powergaming? 

23 minutes ago, ImCookiie said:

This is a great idea. However, the red-lines aren't extensive enough in comparison to the rewards from this potion, in my opinion. How will the aftermath be moderated, in regards to powergaming? 

Redlines are like 87 words. If you want an actual alchemy addition, have the mind to format it properly and write the redlines properly. Seems like it's a neat concept but you haven't thought it out well enough for it to really get a forum post. Why would you make a thread and apply when you haven't actually thought it out much at all? Clearly the fact that you had to add a redline for clarification and you're yet to actually clarify what would happen if you drink it again after those 5 years means that it isn't well thought out enough yet.

I'd personally suggest selfdenying this 1 and coming back once you've got it all thought out and have a proper answer to every question that anyone will throw you way. Offering an extension of life is a huge alchemical breakthrough, where previously the only ways of achieving such were twisted, complicated features that couldn't be put in a bottle. The name makes it clear enough; it's life in a bottle, and yet the fact that the lore is written so simply and doesn't have much clarification at all on anything, nor proper redlines, clearly means it needs much more work before there's even an inkling of a chance of it being accepted.

13 hours ago, Jake! said:

giphy.gif

me when i see you with an elixir of longevity 

bigtitgirl 

This lore has been denied. 

This is a copy of existing lore in Necromancy, without any of the associated drawbacks or nuances. As it would simply be denied the moment it came to Review based on concept alone, I'll save time for the ST and yourself by denying it in advance. Generally we look for pieces which add to the server, and do not take away from niches which already exist.

Thank you for your submission, have a good night.