AN ATTACK ON OUR FAITH

ReveredOwl

TLwaiIYTSbn0GXQukS6762hDG8cykIx4VivR0s7zNMPbfG8CixoRh0gxCTBjnlGf9BO6_bZhC7QUfFWJMK8SAD7zm_mJRR3GTmc5qWa5fxymIf19J2W_lsfHiR7xpCqtgg

An artist’s depiction of the Qalasheen bandits that attacked Osanora.

---------------------------RETRACTED---------------------------

Edited by Basil Moroul
RETRACTED

Wilheim squinted as he looked at the missive. "This sounds like something that needs to be investigated, there must be a misunderstanding here. My farfolk brethren would not commit this savagery; especially when they were considered a sect of Canonism itself." He'd crumple up the missive. "This 'Father Basil' is jumping to conclusions without investigations and demanding retribution to something that may have something more to it than the eye reveals. How can one be sure if these are even from the Kharasi Oasis?" He'd toss the parchment away, thinking of this 'Father Basil' as another upcoming schismatic.

Just now, 1_Language_1 said:

Wilheim squinted as he looked at the missive. "This sounds like something that needs to be investigated, there must be a misunderstanding here. My farfolk brethren would not commit this savagery; especially when they were considered a sect of Canonism itself." He'd crumple up the missive. "This 'Father Basil' is jumping to conclusions without investigations and demanding retribution to something that may have something more to it than the eye reveals. How can one be sure if these are even from the Kharasi Oasis?" He'd toss the parchment away, thinking of this 'Father Basil' as another upcoming schismatic.

"I saw them with mine own two eyes, as did many others!" replied Basil.

"خلص! Mashallah will these heretics taste the blood of my Scimitar" said Owyn III, riding in a Lawrence-of-Arabia fashion towards Osanora.

Saqr Ibn Mustafa Al-Hamad laughs as he reads the missive "You must be delusional, there was no attack on the Canonical Church, You clearly left unscathed. But after all these years of the Church discriminating against our people you now become the victims? We demand you leave our desert and people alone or else we will defend our interests"

Sapphira Loretta Al-Nabeel, Sultana of the previous Sultanate, looks over the paper with sadness in her eyes. "Is this what we have become? No more than men and women taken by the petty squabbles of how to worship? Why must there be violence until one faith reigns supreme? Are we all not Allah's children? Do we all not share the same core beliefs?"

Zara Al-Ulamah frowns, frightened at the thought of being attacked for her faith before moving to her Aunt's tent with quick steps, gathering the tiffls as she went.

Edited by crazedpudding

Javier Fransisco-Altamirano looks upon the news, slaming his hand on the table he glances towards his sword and armor, dusting it off, "It is time to end this heresy, by the glory of GOD. WE MARCH!!! We must respond to this heresy, this brutal attack of Godless creatures against the faithful. The Orcs started it. IT IS TIME WE END IT!!!"

3 minutes ago, Boomboxdoom23 said:

Saqr Ibn Mustafa Al-Hamad laughs as he reads the missive "You must be delusional, there was no attack on the Canonical Church, You clearly left unscathed. But after all these years of the Church discriminating against our people you now become the victims? We demand you leave our desert and people alone or else we will defend our interests"

"I and many other people saw several soldiers from your oasis join the orcs savage practises that resulted in the murder of several Osanora civiilians. I survived because I was too late to intervene after trying to locate papal guards. Though the mere fact that you now threaten direct action against Osanora speaks volumes." replied Basil.

[!] Suleiman Ibn Ibrahim Al-Hattan would read the missive, talking to himself "First our people are killed, by an outsider... Then we are told that we did something horrific?" A bit surprised in a mix of sadness and distaste from reading it "Why would anyone do such a thing anyways!"

[!] Abdullah Ibn Osman Kharadeen would read the missive, used to the attacks by the Canonist by now "I would like proof before my people are charged with anything" the man would say rubbing his temples "When I was younger I had rumors, of my Forefather Auda Kharadeen, fighting for a good relation to the Canonist... but now, I feel as if what he tried to bring together is falling"

Edited by RhythmrhymE
Other Persona

Utayr could not read, but once he was told he shrugged "We didn't attack any canonist, We have been defending the desert territory of ours. So if they want to scream about some random people, let them, It is like claiming the Moonfaced men of Al-Haensi, did something that the people of Al-Orani did, Let them squeel, If they want to claim these things, their tongues are but proven like the sands on the dunes, changing to what ever fits their pockets!" he said laughing as he then went to chug a mighty swig from a jug, him and his comrades celebrating his recent carpentry job finished

"Most saddening to hear." commented Cardinal St. Julia to an Acolyte in the confines of his office, "To think. The most wise Blessed Jude the First had such aspirations for the dialogue between the Church and the Qalasheen and yet, our relations with them have degraded so very far over the years. Accepting apostates, refusing our authority despite their recognition as a sect of our Church after Filiorum Dei. Most saddening indeed." The Metropolitan's burnt hand set aside a quill, reviewing his works before his gaze once more fell upon the letter from Father Basil, "Perhaps another Epistle akin to Venerable Cardinal Philip's is in order addressed to the Qalasheen." he said. After a small pause, he spoke once again,"Mmph. Good thing for Father Basil. May we pray for further chances for reconciliation in the future but.. this cannot be ignored, especially with the past context of these events." Manfried commented before he handed the letter back to the Acolyte who had delivered it, "To the library it goes. Thank you, Acolyte. God bless you."

“attacking cannonist? Why this is weird I mean every time they violate  their treaty we forgive them look to history my brothers and sisters who has more aggression in these two faiths towards one another? As Auda Kharadeen has always said, ‘Lo, should they ever break a treaty you will still see our ummah upholding it with honor.’ Let them complain should they wish, I tell you the years that the cannonist scorn and abuse the mumineen will not last, you reap what you sow, May Allah protect the ummah and open the heart of the disbelievers to truth.” Rashid would say before going back to pray two rakats before working on the farms 

4 hours ago, Basil Moroul said:

"I saw them with mine own two eyes, as did many others!" replied Basil.

"Then please bring forward the other witnesses. While this is a grave attack on our Church, but we must definitively know if these reports are accurate before we act. One testimony is not enough for such a tragedy as this, no offense." Father Lajos replied.

8 hours ago, CrownedLime747 said:

"Then please bring forward the other witnesses. While this is a grave attack on our Church, but we must definitively know if these reports are accurate before we act. One testimony is not enough for such a tragedy as this, no offense." Father Lajos replied.

"I can confirm Father Basil Moroul's claims, I was there during the attack when my Osanoran comrades were assaulted by both Orcs and Qalasheen. They spoke of us needing to get off their land, yet it was only a few steps away from Osanora and near the Sutican road. If you need more evidence I can provide you only with my word."