The Pact of the Ports

camocat9

THE PACT OF THE PORTS

Year 9 of the Second Era

ch-NSj6O4lj_dhJdt-XEcrHlVOnvFgCC00IdmUQessxtG19M3r_MNE0r2lcDn2twGQK7VWKEJGZcFAg9RBmAJvwp_M6SbatNJyeQvC-pGUxAISoJPCSRLZP3K0Y2MRtHpNOKvPld

nUbHb4op5GDbij7ac5MA3nR7Ekhuyacq-otlxyai7jOsft8E2ez6zjLeRZC-1PGBBQSsGBCR3C6cNcvsatVvUInd31TARaIAD77zdH7fhoPKrRA5t14WGGGk-j9ZruJcBRXbjqvT

The following pact has been drafted to serve toward the interest of better relations and an avenue towards more open diplomatic channels between the Sovereign State of Talon’s Port and the Cove of Freeport.

The Talon’s Port Council represented by Sovereign Gail Cordius and The Freeport Privateers represented by Judge Theodore Mane hereafter agree to the following terms in hopes of furthering friendship between the two states and ensuring a prosperous future for the individuals of each city, and an ease of travel between the two.

Article I - Neither party will take hostile action against the other, whether this be in the form of raids, war declarations, or otherwise.

Article II - The Sovereign State of Talon’s Port guarantees lawful protection of Freeport citizens while within the boundaries and surrounding lands of the city.

Article III - The Cove of Freeport guarantees lawful protection of Talon’s Port citizens while within the boundaries and surrounding lands of the city.

Article IV - Attacks from third parties residing within Talon’s Port or Freeport will not be considered acts of aggression, but must be dealt with by the government of the offending parties residence.

Article V - Guilds or mercenary companies stationed within Talon’s Port or Freeport will be subject to legal prosecution if offending the pact in city limits or on citizens of either city.

Article VI - The pact will remain in effect for 30 years, expiring in Year 39 of the Second Era. The pact may be renewed at the time of expiration by the consent of both parties.

Article VII - If either signatory is found to be in violation of any part of the pact, all articles shall remain in effect and the situation will be resolved through diplomatic means.

Signed

SOVEREIGN OF THE DEPTHS Gail Cordius

JUDGE Theodore Mane

Spoiler

PortPort.png

After signing the pact, Theodore Mane sits at the Alley Alehouse in Talon's Port he writes a letter to Captain Leopold, of the Freeport Privateers, ruler of Freeport "I am sure you are still away on travels, but by the time this letter reaches you, Freeport will have signed into an agreement with the city of Talon's Port. Once you return, I recommend you make an attempt to work together. I will soon be returning to Freeport and I hope that was the last time I have to travel by sea."  Sets down his pen before sending off his letter, he reaches for his cane and begins his journey back to The Cove of Freeport.

Spoiler

Arvedth nudges Bernard and gestures to Article V.