Heavy, the Church Bells Toll.

The now Queen-Mother collapsed to her knees outside of the Nikirala Prikaz, unable to suppress the trembles coursing through her body as tears welled up in her eyes after seeing her late husband's deceased body. Despite the hopeless looks she received from the many doctors who visited the palace, she spoke with confidence that Josef would recover swiftly, even when she deep down knew otherwise. 

It was unbearable to even imagine her life continuing without Josef by her side, but that was now her reality. They had an understanding of one another, both thrusted into a position they neither chose nor wanted. He kept her calm, taming her sometimes erratic temper and their family provided them both stability. 

The young King stood next to the hearth with Isabel seated across from him “But how am I going to be a King like my papej? He was the strongest man I know!”he’d exclaim in frustration, still a child and yet given the responsibility of ruling the kingdom. 

“Maybe we could jus.. pretend? Until ye are big and strong like he was, Joey” Isabel suggested, the young baruch barely ten and now betrothed to the King. Both children giving a nod, promising to be there as support for one another. 

"May ye finally rest, joey." She'd mutter, her cheeks still stained from tears before departing back deep into the Nikirala Prikaz.

Hillith recalls having met the young King once within his youth, having the honor of serving him tea and a cheese platter in her old Haenseti home. With much sorrow the woman inhaled sharply with pursed lips, making a silent prayer for the deceased Barbanov.

"The könig is dead, long live the könig." The former Duke of Reinmar and Lord Marshal of Haense would state solemnly, as he read the missive. 

Ser Maverick Baruch, unable to forgive himself after the death of Josef I, would retrieve his sword and pull the sheets from his bed, going to the nikirala residential Garden. There he would spread out the sheet and fall to his knees, unsheathing his sword and thrusting it through his own body.

"With one king gone, another one comes. It's a vicious cycle. Haense has been much too kind to me." Wilheim gently tapped the folded letter against his hand, recalling the hospitality of Haense ever since Oren uprooted him from his home. "A king to his nation, is like a father to his child. In that case, it matters not that he died a good king. It matters that he died a great man and a great father." 

The young princess royal had been hoping, praying, that her father would wake up. She so wished for one last talk with him, one last laugh, one last hug. But she would never receive it. Instead the young girl walked into his room and layed next to his dead body after her mother had ran out of it. The many physicians trying to coerce her to leave her father's bed. But she would not leave it. 

Katerina Ceciliya uttered a few words "Vy promised me vy would dance with me during my Hauchmetvas papej... Why did vy lie to me and leave me. I needed vy there" she cried into his cold and dead body. 

The princess would never be the same again.

The Baroness of Woldzmir mourned the loss of her nephew, so soon after the death of his Queenly mother. She had oft praised him for his pride, his resilience, and his loyalty to both family and country. Even across the isles of man, it was ascertained that the scions of House Carrion-Tuvyic lowered their heads in reverence in honor of King Josef I, not only a dear neighbor - but an intimate friend. 

Ser Brandt Barclay dips his head, signing the lorraine as he mumbled prayers for the deceased king "Krusae Zwy Kongzem." said the knight with a sigh, wiping a tear off his right eye, shed for the second Koeng he was able to serve under "Long live the king." he concluded then simply

Ser Fiske Vanir stared out of the window in silence upon hearing the news of his brother in law passing away. After a while he sighed deeply, signing the Lorraine cross and uttering the ancient Vanir phrase "The Sea bows to None" Before preparing himself to tell his wife of the news.

Upon hearing the grim news, Igor signed the lorraine for both the ascension into the skies for the deceased King, and for the new rule under King Henrik II. "You may have not been the perfect King, but you were still a good man. Krusae Zwy Kongzem, and Long Live the Koeng." said the Tribune, who continued on with his campaign.

Aleksandra Ludovar gritted her teeth together and attempted to hold back tears as the news was relayed to her by town criers. Without hesitation, the pious Dame rushed to the Basilica to pray. "The Koeng is dead...long live the Koeng," she uttered, signing the Lorraine before she lowered herself onto her knees before the altar, beginning to mutter soft prayers for the fallen Koeng and for the success of the young Koeng Henrik.

Isabella Barclay allowed a few tears to fall down her cheeks as soon as she was informed of the grim news. "Oh, the poor Koenas," she mused to herself, before signing the Lorraine for the fallen Koeng.