The First Crusade - 1805, 358 ES

Draeris

"Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen," grumbled an ancient Waldenian, crumpling up and tossing the missive over his desk before locking the front door thrice. Despite the immense respect he'd had for the late Pontiff, the old man felt abandoned by the Church in his hour of need as a Canonist monarch surrounded by Elfen serpents - much alike his forefather, thrice Crusader, whose contributions had been cast away by the Josephite pretender priests in the Great War.

"Saint Edmond and Blessed Aran, pray for us," chanted the Apostolic General, Holy Sir Armand - pinning a Crusader cross by his Pontifical medal in preparation of doing God's will.

The High Keeper, having only barely woken up from her afternoon nap when she was informed, blinked in bemusement. "I sleep through all the interesting ****."

"I am confused, firstly this is not the first crusade it is like the sixth now. Secondly is a crusade against less than 10 people really necessary, I understand some clergymen have been waiting out for a crusade but this is not needed for this. There are other methods that can be used here." Remarked Basil in his home as he read the declaration.

A woman sits alone after coming across the decree. Although her thoughts remained unreadable, a contemplative expression crossed over her.

"Xan saved, protected, and returned their Princess... but since he broke their beloved palace, it's a holy crusade..?" uttered a flaxen-haired elfess as she peered over her long-time mentor, Hillith. "These people care more for wealth than family. Typical. All of this even after we fought side by side during the Inferi invasion..."

@DahStalker

"The **** is 'appening this time" Hareven comments, reading the note atop a roof somewhere, squinting a little "Act like they ain' ever had t' fix a roof. Ye think the weird betrayers from t'e Inferi woul' be a priority"

"How far the Azdrazoid conspiracy goes - I guess the horns are easy to hide beneath the papal headpiece," remarks noted crackpot Ancel de la Baltas. "So many misremembered words, so many half-forgotten glories that we now vainly claim from our forefathers - when will the madness end?" 

Upon hearing the word crusade and without looking further into the matter, Flann would don his favorite hood.

Screenshot_20210203-211104_Chrome2.jpg

Albrecht, spotting the crowds of men outside of the Basilica, runs towards them.

"Zhis ist nicht fair! I want to go vit zem!"

The young boy waits around, trying to see over the heads of the men in suits of armour. His friend trying to drag him off for another bout with their wooden swords.

"We vill have our chance someday, Albrecht! Zhey will take us on ze crusade soon, maybe ven we are twelve?"

They run off, back through the streets of Karosgrad swinging their weapons at each other as if they were fighting the heathens.