Léon d'Airelle for Tribune, 358 ES

TwistedFries

Spoiler

Léon Stéphane d'Airelle | Tribune-Candidate of the Duma

~ 359 ES ~
pU4CgTbZEH6OoG7DgSiqCJSjZUgPGUrDSZ-0H4DlOBfzRciOKJ1eJty8QqCeoyCIT068CvJnMi_HhLoJEFob8ZqpZCYaAEfC3SPq416vb1twX_MTwkLl0EWWmYFshbhcyVFecowx

[!] This small painting pasted onto the missive would be of the d’Airelle family back in their lands of Arcas before the Inferi Invasion. Just near the bottom edge of the painting would be a small letter written in black colored ink and it would read:

“I don’t remember all the details of my life back in Arcas since I was so young, but I do remember how we were all happy before being forced to flee our home. We immigrated to the city of Karosgrad in Almaris and formed a new life with the people we have met here, making our own name since all that we had was lost in the past. It has been a true blessing given from GOD to have found such great people here and I hope to work with you all for as long as I breathe.

Sincerely, Léon d’Airelle~”

To all the Citizens that dwell in the lands of Hanseti-Ruska,

My name is Léon Stéphane d’Airelle, the first of my name and the youngest in my family to have enlisted into the HRA, the Haense Royal Army. I write to you all in this missive to explain my life before coming to these lands, how my family once lived, how fleeing our home and coming here has impacted my life for the better, how I adjusted to this new lifestyle, and more importantly why you should vote for me in this upcoming election.

Before I and my family fled the westernmost regions of Arcas that we resided in, we lived a simple and calming life. It was nothing of luxury or riches, but one of hard work and happiness. We grew up tending the small farmlands we kept beside our home, growing wheat and barley for the rest of our people. Even though I was not the one doing most of the manual labor in our home because of my young age, I do remember how rambunctious and energetic I was, so much so that I once trampled the crops when playing with my brother. I remember being called ‘Leo’ for short by the people in our small town, the meaning behind it being that I was too headstrong, energetic, and followed my instincts a little too much. Though, when It came down to it, people said it was a great quality for someone like me to have. I never gave up on tasks that frustrated me, I just worked harder towards completing them. Most of the people that lived there were of Auvergnian descent, a group of people who held strong values of loyalty and respect. Our old lifestyle was nothing compared to how you all lived here in the City of Karosgrad, but when we fled and first came here, immigrating and trying to find ourselves in these new lands posed to be a bit difficult. I’m not going to lie, we had a hard time adjusting and fitting in. We tried very hard to become normal in terms of this new culture that we actually began to lose ourselves and forget our own ancient roots. Our values and lifestyle were something we thought to be important no matter what, something we should keep instead of trying to discard in order to become ‘normal’. After we came to this big realization, the adjustment of being in Karosgrad began to become easier, it allowed for us to officially find ourselves and connect with all of you. Now we look back to the first time we ever stepped onto the stone streets of this city and all we could think about is how happy we are to have come here, glad that we were able to form so many new bonds and relationships with the people of Hanseti-Ruska. I would never think about reverting anything that we have done thus far and are proud to be considered citizens altogether.

By far from the first time we arrived in the lands of Hanseti-Ruska and the City of Karosgrad, I and my family worked towards helping the Kingdom grow and prosper further. I found that my strong-minded and energetic nature would be of good use in the military and my other qualities for this position if I were to be elected. At first, I did not think myself fit to be someone holding a representative position, but as I grew and matured into the one I am today, I learned that I could be of good use here as well. The reason for this being that even though I am young for my age, I won’t let that define or hinder my abilities, further it allows for me to see the world purely for what it is and not through a filter that most adults see-through. I do believe my young age could be turned into a strength rather than a negative quality. My oldest sister and Matriarch of the d’Airelle family has taught me much since her gaining a seat as an Alderman at the Duma. She has taught me much about the values we should be holding, etcetera.

As a Tribune, I wish to be strong and straightforward with my words, representing the people and their wishes. In addition, I will be someone who represents all the people dwelling in the lands of Hanseti-Ruska, all the races, and Descendants. No one will be excluded when and if I gain this position, I will fight for equal rights between everyone, including women who have been overlooked in the past. I will try to bring more representation for the people of other cultures or people of the cultural arts, allowing for them to feel known and present in our lands instead of being outcast and having the looming feeling to conform to the current societal norms. I do hope you all see me as a notable candidate for the Tribune and give me the opportunity to represent you all.

Thank you all for reading this and I hope to see you all in the coming debate-

Signed,

Tribune Candidate - Léon Stéphane d’Airelle

rJOCBCw1vV8sMkLYCM5--GTkGk7lrH90LG8bGnOhymf9tZbf-REH1JaKGySEKfRe-fGKRxAeCqF7RTx5FSKqVVLCzXL6SKhxlT8amivLjmYC-Ya_K3Jx7eF_hiFeTrQJqlRYYTfS

[!] As Valerie looked over the document a small smile formed on her lips, "Bonne chance petit frère."