Thesis on the Divine Right of Kings

Totalitarianism_

8ikHkQbeBoHZ7v74Y5mE3Vw9ERkN9Ksj-aQN1O0s4kIISB1c440X0w1jgwvxlEWcrHWD3YaR4Of203IBJR2cHzg79S4nHjMEpbmAl5C_yZu5YSCJxAsffsgttED8q7uLUXWGnYK0

THESIS ON THE DIVINE RIGHT OF KINGS

BY

ACOLYTE JOSEPH DE JOANNES

7 Sigismund’s End, 1806

---

Introduction

The absolute right of Kings has existed since the days when Exalted Horen was granted stewardship over the World, as King of Man. In modern times, the absolutist regime of the Pertinaxi emperors has left a sour taste in the mouths of those in the Canonist Realms. However, I say that as long as God truly guides the hand of the monarch, unlike the Pertinaxi, his rule should be without question.

“‘See, Horen, your wife has borne you three sons of flesh. And heed, she shall bear you three sons of spirit. And witness these, your sons, O Son: Here is the first, the purifier, and he is aflame with righteous justice.

Here is the second, the redeemer, and he is awash in august glory. Here is the final son, the preserver, and so I enlighten him with holy wisdom.’ So Horen was blessed with the divine Word, and the Lord released him from the Skies.”

• Scroll of Gospel 2:71- 77

Monarchy of Horen 

The coronation of Horen by Tesion, on behalf of God, creates the concept that rulership of God’s World is entrusted to those who are directly chosen by God. In the days of Horen, his rule was absolute, because his subjects could trust that he was guided by God’s wisdom. The wisdom given to Horen by God was passed to his children, and eventually his descendents. I suspect this wisdom was stripped from the Pertinaxi regime when they murdered a man of the cloth and appointed an Anti-Pontiff. However, when a monarch rules with the wisdom of God, we must not question their rule, or establish parliaments to check his power. Because, the power of the monarch is the power of God in this World.

“And the Aengul said ‘Here, I cleanse you. And you join God’s servants.’ And again Tesion raised his hands, and placed the laurel upon Horen’s head. And the Aengul said ‘Here, I crown you. And you are His prophet.’”

• Scroll of Gospel 2:36-38

Inheritance of Women

The Inheritance of Women in nobility has been raised in the parliaments of many nations of the Canonist Realm. To that I would say, there is no mention in the Holy Scrolls of sole male inheritance of titles of royalty and nobility. While the Scrolls do place God’s Divine Right with the male monarchs of Aegis, this could be solely due to the fact that Horen had no daughters to raise to the status of a monarch. However, perhaps this was God’s will? I would argue that all monarchs are granted the Divine Right of Kings--even Queens. Though, through their unfaithfulness to the Lord that bestowed this grace upon them, one may lose this right to receive God’s guidance. To conclude, I would say that the inheritance of women is not for the church to decide, but for the current princes of the human realms.

“And He placed the Sons among their people as kings, and they testified to His glory.”

• Scroll of Gospel 1:50

"Mhmm..", the Prelate hums as he reads the thesis of the acolyte Joseph, closing the document before taking the ink and quill, going to write the time for his ordainment. "The man understands and knows, that is important.. Now I must prepare everything.", he says, going to put the seal on the document before heading out of the Basilica of St. Henrik.

Louis de Joannes commends the latest thesis of his younger brother, “A brilliant piece!”

Housekeeper Braun would run up to her lordship to give him another plate of roasted duck with some Carrion Black. "Here m'lord." The small and thin maid ran up to Louis, her huge and large master and heir to house the de Joannes name, to give more food. The small thing seemed so scared and intimidated by the man's large body, seemingly sweating a bit on her forehead.