[PK Post] The Death of Ademar Castelo

Viggen92

[!] On the 11th of The Grand Harvest, 1806, Ademar Castelo died due to frail heart at the age of 71 [!]

The sky was clear and the air was crisp; the sun had just made its way up over the horizon. In the forests of Providentia, birds were chirping, wind was whizzing and the water in the river was rippling. The body of a man clad in simple brown robes, floated along with the stream face down in the water. With a thud the lifeless man got caught by a rock and stopped in place. A letter would be on his person, tucked in the rustic fabric of his robes. The letter read as follows:

Throughout my life I have seen and experienced many a thing. Some less pleasant than others. However, throughout all these occurrences, all the changes the society of man has gone through, I have always found my faith to persist. I have served God in many a way; from Grandmaster of a holy order, to Abbot of an ancient monastic order. In the darkest of times He served as a beacon of hope and light. In the lightest of times He served as the symbol and resemblance of all my good will. By virtue of this, I always remained his humble servant, proselytizing his word and teaching to the misled and faltering. God has made me go through various trials; both corporeal and mental. One of the most challenging trials was the crusade against the Inferi in the sands of Al-Faiz.

Every man goes through trials in the pursuit of keeping one’s faith, and it is crucial to persist. The one to give in shall fall astray and find himself in darkness. However, one can always be guided back to the righteous path, if one is willing.

The Church is facing difficult times, the faith of the masses is weaker than it used to be. Faith needs to be strengthened for the Church to prosper - when the Church prospers; so will humanity as a whole. 

As of late I own nothing but my robes and cross, which shall be returned to the Holy Mother Church and the Wigbrechtian order, upon my death. To my children I can only pass the wisdom I have acquired over the years.

Thus, my last wish is a bit peculiar; I wish for the body of my deceased wife to be recovered. She was dug up out of her grave in Providence, and alas was disturbed in her eternal rest. I wish for her body to return to holy soil.

I did not want to add this last part to my will, but alas, I feel like I must add a second and final wish; I wish for my body to not be dug up, I wish to rest in peace.

Josephine Castelo welcomed Ademar as he enters the Seven Skies “My love, how much i have missed you. I am sorry i never got to tell you goodbye. Do tell me of everything i missed” 

Matilda Renault-Deveruex would be sipping her tea when she received a letter about her cousin.  “Ademar, it has been many years. I wish we spent more time together in Curon and you were there for me when our grandfather passed. I will join you here soon” She smiled as she remembered the times they shared together. 

James II welcomes Ademar Castelo, once his faithful Grandmaster, at the gates to the Seven Skies.

As the news reached Johan he`d look over to the banner of The Palatine Guard Order of The All-Saints.

a slight tear falling from his eye "Oh brother, i shall never forget you nor the times we shared both in battle and in friendship. May we soon meet again within the seven skies" he`d take a seat in his office he`s view settling at a painting of Johan and Ademar during their rain as Knight-Regent and Grandmaster.