[✗] [Alchemy] Collectanea Chymicum

Nozgoth

Spoiler

Collectanea Chymicum

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZdrT7BbRiMlKDAK0tYi4-0sBGjhzEa2N1lTovVucswVGaG4149-erVx6TpoUJa5KjOmKvmIwmD1s3FBblZ-jTF37MBUW-uTjGtceLOlao1irsEAZu6d2_frv_YaKib5Edk2ewKQw

Fiendish substances… of such only those who think to find boons within, or mainly the fiends themselves would indulge in. A compilation of substances even those wicked enough to create dare not try. Yet it seems as though descendents always fall under the addiction of them, typically no matter how hard one tries to resist.

The origins of the substances are not particularly of intrigue, and as such, lost to time. It is likely to be a fable of nothing irregular, merely one of alchemical experimentations, and perhaps the dabbling of philosophy.

Reagents

The creation of some particular alchemical substances requires the harvesting and use of a few rather peculiar reagents.

Lightcap

Spoiler

Sign(s)

Aether

Earth

Symbol(s)

Weakness x2

Reduction x1

Dark x3

Chaos x2

Appearance

Lightcap appears as a small mushroom, whose stem is long, narrow and dark blue. Whilst the cap of the mushroom, to the contrary of its name, is completely black- yet speckled with tiny white spots which illuminate in the dark, albeit, faintly.

Found within dry caves, hidden from the light. 

Harvesting

The mushroom must be completely unrooted from the ground, though one must be extremely careful, for the effects are quite potent. Yet it requires tools forged of aurum, and must be contained within aurum, for once it is removed from the ground, it will decay to dust within a matter of moments- unless in contact with aurum of any sort. The oil can be extracted by crushing and grinding the shroom up, before draining and filtering out anything left for an impure mix of plant matter and lightcap oil.

Lightcap can also be farmed, as long as it is far from the reach of the sun, and planted within soil that might be found within caves. It can be simply replanted similar to any other plant, though the soil must be taken with it from its original harvesting.

Raw Effect(s)

The raw effects of lightcap are quite potent. Upon contact with skin, an oil will be released onto the descendent- causing their skin to glow faintly. It would slowly eat away at the surface of one’s skin, causing an intense burning feeling which lasts for no longer than [5] emotes.

Redlines

-All Reagents must be gathered through RP and represented by ST approved items.

-When processed for it’s Symbols, this Reagent will lose all of its raw effects and harvesting capabilities.

-Lightcap cannot cause any lasting damage to someone's skin, unless applied in an immense manner, in which the skin could be dissolved away to the flesh beneath.

-Lightcap can be grown in places where no light is to be seen, and will need a 2x2 space for the spores to spread. It can be harvested for 2 measures every 3 OOC days.

Shimmerstone

Spoiler

Sign(s)

Aether

Air

Symbol(s)

Vigour x3

Instability x2

Chaos x3

Appearance

Shimmerstone is a dull, blue mineral which shimmers and shines when light bounces off of it’s surfaces from different angles.

Shimmerstone can be found on above ground rock faces, always near water.

Harvesting

No noteworthy tools are required, aside from a pickaxe or chisel. The stone can simply be smashed from it’s rock and contained in any matter of ways.

Raw Effect(s)

Whilst the stone itself is of little use due to its porous and brittle nature, the dust which it crumbles into warrants a mild, invigorating effect which exhilarates one's mana pool- giving them a sudden rush of energy and prolonging the feel of mana exhaustion. All that, as well as making one very jittery and ancy. The only way for these effects to take course is for the user to snort the powdery dust from the stone. The effects last for a total of [10] emotes after consumption.

Redlines

-All Reagents must be gathered through RP and represented by ST approved items.

-When processed for it’s Symbols, this Reagent will lose all of its raw effects and harvesting capabilities.

-Shimmerstone does not give someone extra mana, or does not boost it in any way, it merely prolongs the user’s feel for exhaustion by 1-2 emotes, allowing them to continue to cast, yet at risk of overexerting, the same as they would without consuming it.

-Effects cannot last any longer, or shorter than [10] emotes, even if more than one measure is consumed.

Concoctions

The Collectanea Chymicum is filled with many different creations and concoctions, all varying in use and effects. “Common” means something is common knowledge to many alchemists, whilst “Uncommon” is something that can be self taught given a lengthy amount of research and experimentation, and finally, “Rare” is something that must be taught by one who knows the recipe already.

[Note: “Alchemic Texts” in this are just for flavour in the lore.]

Aureum Capturam

An elixir similar to the colour and viscosity of molten gold.

ALCHEMIC TEXT

Spoiler

“It was then that I found it; the answer to my decaying and slow beating heart. Yet little did I know that I sat on a trove of gold. Yes it’s true, my heart fails to beat. I wish to experience what it's like for my blood to rush once more. What is it like? For adrenaline to course through my veins, and for the sense of the caveman to push me to a decision. Oh! What wonder! My life was truly boring until I procured gold from spit. Now you must be wondering… how shall gold fix me? And how shall I fabricate it from spit?

It’s quite simple, really. Though I shant expect the petty commoner reading this to understand. Unless the reader is gifted, in which case this text would make perfect sense. I’d take the oil from my lamp, and spit my deepest of saliva into it. Thrice times would my dexterity be thrown in. And once would the ruling king be applied. For there is peace and sureness in a dragon, they want nothing more than to destroy; but humans are unpredictable, especially those in power. I would pour in my speed six times less than eight - then, and only then; would my very blood itself be added once to the concoction.

So there it is, a guide to make gold.”

RECIPE/MECHANICS

Spoiler

Base: Lightcap Oil + Yellow Bile

3x Agility

1x Chaos

2x Swiftness

1x Life

EFFECTS

Upon consumption of this viscous draught, one would feel extremely intoxicated and befuddled, to the point of finding it hard to think clearly or walk in a straight line without stumbling. Contrary to this, their actions and reflexes would be overclocked, sped up so that even their organs and systems work twice as fast, allowing them to make very quick, short movements, albeit distorted and improper due to their intoxication. They might find themselves able to run slightly faster than an athletic person of their base race, along with their reflexes and movements being honed and accelerated (but not to a large extent, and their skill in combat does not increase either). Meaning they could parry a blade with minorly enhanced reflexes, or run a few blocks more than they usually could in an emote (in CRP, 6 blocks, rather than the standard 4). This does not mean that they would easily be able to beat someone that is not intoxicated in a race (or a fight with ease), given they are at will to an alcoholic mental ailment. These effects last for [10] emotes after consumption, or [30] OOC minutes, and cannot be extended or doubled/enhanced further by consuming multiple measures.

If more than two measures are consumed at once, the user’s heart would explode inside their chest, effectively killing them. Aureum Capturam is also extremely addictive, users will find the need and temptation to use it on different occasions after using it once before.

SYMPTOMS

- Drunken and befuddled tendencies

- Eyes intensely dilated and taken to a golden colour (temporarily, for the duration of the effects.)

- Heart beats twice as fast

- Trembling limbs and fidgety/anxious nature

REDLINES

- It is a PK clause if someone chooses to consume more than two measures at once (suicide pk). Though consumption of 3 (or more) forcefully upon another player’s character requires OOC consent.

- All symptoms and effects must be taken into consideration and roleplayed, failure to do so is to powergame.

- Aureum Capturam cannot be concealed in another substance (such as food or drink).

- The effects last [10] emotes, or [30] OOC minutes.

- Consuming two measures at once does NOT double the speed or duration of the effects.

- Requires ST signing.

- All ingredients and creation must be done through valid roleplay.

- Aureum Capturam is valid to get an edge in combat, though it’s negative effects (intoxication) must be roleplayed and taken into consideration, failure to do so is to powergame.

- In CRP, someone under the influence of Aurem Capturam is able to move 6 blocks, rather than the 4 that an average descendant could move. If the values change, then the consumer is always able to move 2 blocks faster than they could without consuming it.

- Tier 2, Uncommon

Veneficus Pulveris

Typically more of a street drug, due to its low manufacturing cost; Veneficus Pulveris, commonly known as ‘Daemon Dust’, is a coarse, pink powder.

RECIPE/MECHANICS

Spoiler

Base: Shimmerstone Dust

Lethargy x2

Blindness x1

Impediment x1

EFFECTS

Upon consumption of daemon dust, via smoking or snorting, the user would immediately experience a heavy, psychedelic trip- including delusions, hallucinations, mindset changes and other mental effects, which could heavily affect one’s mental health if used long term. This severely inhibits one’s combative ability, to the point of them only being able to win by chance, due to the trip.

If consumed by a mage (someone able to harness their mana pool for any purpose), they would feel a sudden exhilaration of their mana pool, allowing for them to cast non-combative abilities with [1] less emote. While in combat, they theoretically could do the same - yet it must be kept in consideration that aim, and precision would be severely hindered due to the ongoing hallucinogenic trip (meaning they would only be able to hit someone with a spell by chance, and spells casted during combat would have a high risk of backfiring). These effects last for [10] emotes, or [30] OOC minutes, though can be lengthened (and strengthened) by 2 times per extra measure consumed. Emotes required to cast do not scale with increased measures consumed.

Yet veneficus pulveris has healing properties as well. Ultimately, it is mainly used as a recreational drug, though has varying effects and can even be used as an antidepressant for some. Not to mention, daemon dust is also extremely addictive and users could be hooked on the first use if they aren’t mindful.

SYMPTOMS

- Psychedelic delusions and hallucinations

- Loss of focus

- Dilated pupils

- Slowed 'reality' and movements

- Extreme sleeplessness upon chronic use

- Flashbacks

- Psychosis

- A consumer is bound to get most, but not all symptoms and effects. It depends on the user, their mindset, tolerances, etc.

REDLINES

- All symptoms and effects must be taken into consideration and roleplayed, failure to do so is to powergame.

- Effects last for [10] emotes or [30] OOC minutes.

- The drug-like effects can be lengthened and strengthened by [2x] per extra measure consumed. The only exception to this is that the power of the mana rush does not scale and remains at allowing [1] less emote to cast.

- Combat while under the influence of Veneficus Pulveris is nigh impossible due to its effects.

- Tier 2, Uncommon

- Requires ST signing

Ius Roribus

A thin, yellow liquid which fluxuates a glow. It’s stench is horrid, and gasses emitted from it are even worse.

ALCHEMIC TEXT

Spoiler

“Day 1, Hour Zero: In combining the native lightcap, along with the sustenance of a mage - I can perhaps create the Ius Roribus; a powerful, volatile substance. Though I will need many other reagents, of which I’m unsure.”

RECIPE/MECHANICS

Spoiler

Base: Liquid Mana + Lightcap Oil

Redstone x2

Vigour x3

Burning x4

Rage x2

Chaos x3

Blindness x2

EFFECTS

Ius Roribus, otherwise known from street names such as “Boom fuel” or “Lucien’s Ichor”, is an extremely dangerous and explosive liquid; often used to create bombs. It emits a pseudo “radioactive” effect, in which it can defect living things - and provide sickness over lengthened exposure or consumption.

In its liquid form, boom fuel can be condensed into small glass containers - which merely require exposure to a spark or a flame to combust or explode. This process requires [1] emote to trigger the explosive via spark, and [2] more emotes for the explosion to happen, (3 in total). The initial shock wave reaches 20 blocks in all directions at most, providing a violent shake to the ground, and capable of collapsing or throwing less solid or sturdy objects. People and plants within a 10 block radius of the blast would feel an immense, searing heat to their skin, inflicting up to second degree burns as the air around them would be tinted with a cloudy yellow.

The after effects take place within a 30 block radius in each direction from the initial explosion. All wildlife and plants would begin to wither away over time, and the thick, yellow air would become somewhat toxic, causing anyone who breathes it in to be sickened with coughing and other minor symptoms. Babies born whilst the mother is under exposure to Ius Roribus can cause defects or at worst, complete failure of birth. The aftermath can only take place with RO consent, and can last anywhere from 3 OOC days to 1 OOC week (Up to the RO).

CREATION

The creation of ‘Boom Fuel’ is a precarious process that even the most experienced alchemists would be nervous to attempt.

Due to the volatility of the ingredients when combined, it is crucial that each one be added in slowly. After adding one symbol, the concoction should be stirred and then completely settled before adding the next one, and then repeat. Any flame or spark in the air during the creation can lead to it being caught on fire, or combusting - resulting in an explosion up to the magnitude of what it would be if it were completed and purposely detonated. Impatience or haste whilst creating Ius Roribus can also lead to detriment. While creating the concoction, it is wise to wear some sort of protection to the skin, and a gas mask - for the gasses emitted would be enough to make one sick, or even render them unconscious.

After all the symbols and reagents are added, the alchemist must /roll 20. If the roll is under 5, then the creation fails and it explodes - possibly causing immense damage if one were not careful. Anything above 5, and the creation is a success; in which the alchemist would seal it in an airtight container and stow it away until use.

REDLINES

- Aftermath effects require RO consent, and can last anywhere from 3 OOC days to 1 OOC week.

- Takes [3] emotes for the explosion to happen, with the first being ignition.

- The initial shockwave is not powerful enough to knock a planted descendent down.

- Requires ST signing and supervision during creation (this is a high risk item).

- Tier 3, Rare

Immortuos

A pure black sludge. It radiates a wretched smell, which would surely steal the aroma of any room or space exposed to it.

RECIPE/MECHANICS

Spoiler

Base: Liquid Lifeforce

Death x1

Poison x2

Dark x1

EFFECTS

Immortuos enables a primal, cannibalistic instinct to an extent upon any who consumes it; giving the consumer a nearly irresistible urge to eat raw flesh of any kind. Typically, this drives those to attack nearby descendents, before beginning to ravage through their flesh with bare teeth and hands. The hunger for flesh lasts [1] OOC hour, or [20] emotes. For the duration of the drug, one would notice that the white of the user’s eyes would turn a horrid black; and they would seem nearly rabid.

This substance also is highly addictive, yet one would not be hooked on the first try. Along with the hunger for flesh, a constant buzz takes place in the head, which can lead to temporary calming and anti-anxiety feelings.

SYMPTOMS

- Foaming at the mouth

- Headrush/buzz

- Blackened eyes

- Uneasiness

- Constant hunger for flesh

REDLINES

- Requires ST signing.

- Upon consumption, one is very well forced to attack those nearby, yet they can still exercise some restraint and choose between targets.

- Immortuous does not affect/enhance the speed, strength, or motor skills of a consumer.

- Tier 2, Rare

Purpose

I created this lore in an attempt to have more interesting potions/concoctions/drugs that are more than just utility or combative; but rather dig deeper into the persona involved with them. (Also, I know that the latin is probably off, I used google translate and can't be bothered to fix it. It looks cool regardless). Note: I am willing to compromise in order for this to be accepted.

Edited by Nozoa

I can't wait to do speed- oh sorry I mean't *checks notes* Aureum Capturam

Cool lore Noz, as always. Though please specify in Immortuos that it doesn’t enhance the strength/speed/motor skills of the afflicted person—just to idiot proof it.

+1

Just now, IsaacFromLotC said:

Cool lore Noz, as always. Though please specify in Immortuos that it doesn’t enhance the strength/speed/motor skills of the afflicted person—just to idiot proof it.

+1

true I will do so right now

based banned player lore + 1

3 minutes ago, Maclunkey said:

Gonna do so many drugs when I'm unbanned

I have more coming soon in another lore piece 😉

Give me more alchemy stuff to make I love this

This!

This is what I came to see!

+10, 10, 10s across the board

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.