THE ELECTION OF 1807

Iudaes

THE ELECTION OF 1807
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2pUTKS2_-CO41OR-mqsTFMPBcVFIGw-Vt23eloSktqyI8aEcQtPrI88zGhvy66NG-bMHMcIU45hOi7b8i2hoWW62Ke9PW1p-gF98Tm59hw2I5_JwPiwbSApR1xVs8ckEcjxgMr99

Owyn obeyed the command of GOD and anointed the brothers Evaristus and Clement, 
who jostled in the same womb, as joint bearers of the laurel of Horen.

(Gospel 5:3)

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

Hymns written from centuries past echoed throughout the hallowed halls of the Basilica of the Ascent of Exalted Godfrey, sung solemnly by clerics in front of and behind the procession of the four remaining Cardinals, Benedict Cardinal Jorenus, Pelagius Cardinal Albarosa, Ailred Cardinal Reinmar, and Manfried Cardinal St. Julia. It was these men who perhaps had the most “solemn” visages of all, worn and tired from days past, along with the impending “doom” each of them felt, their minds consumed with the thought, “Am I to be the next Pontiff?” It was no secret that many Pontiffs had weeped at their election after having been chosen by the Lord Almighty and, as seen by the curious gazes of newly ordained and seasoned Priests alike, it was no different here.

Soon enough, they entered the higher floors of the Basilica and as the gates closed behind them, they continued their formal procession to their seats. After having been seated and readying not their quills but instead their hands (to clasp) and their minds (to pray), Manfried Cardinal St. Julia took to the head of the table and spoke to his Brother Cardinals as Vice Chancellor. 

Brothers. I greet you warmly as always but nevertheless, with a sense of sadness as we still digest the events of the past days. It is very… challenging that our vocations call us to move so quickly even when we wish to mourn our brothers who have passed, but God has placed this duty upon our shoulders and by the Lord shall we fulfill it. So, with our thanks to our brothers present in these hallowed halls, a ballot has been placed before each one of you, along with a quill and ink. After contemplation, however much you may see fit, you shall write your vote upon said ballot and then submit it to me. 

After all votes have been cast, we shall tally them and if a majority is not reached, we shall cast another ballot and so on and so forth until we achieve quorum and have elected a successor. However, I do not wish for this to be filled with purely organizational talk. We are in God’s house and we are His most loyal and humble servants. Let us pray before we set out on this challenging task.

Manfried bowed his head, the Cardinal, scarred with the burns of months past and weak from the stab wounds suffered just days before bidding the College to do the same. So did the elderly visage of Benedict Cardinal Jorenus look to the table and too, the tired yet youthful visage of Cardinal Pelagius, along with the saddened but stoic visage of Cardinal Ailred. Manfried, after a moment of pure silence in the hall spoke this prayer:

Oh Lord God. We call unto You, convened in the halls of Your House, as brothers in mourning but too, brothers in service. We do beseech You, Oh Lord Almighty, for guidance on this day and if so deemed, the days to come. We beseech You with hearts open to Your Love, that You may grace our path ahead with Your light, not only of today but too of the years ahead. We shall face many challenges in these coming years but we are forever consoled by Your Scripture. That You are the Most Merciful, the Singular, and the Omnipotent Lord who shall, as we pray, defend and make clear the path of which You will us to tread. We thank You for Your guidance and in so doing, vow to forever serve You; to ensure that we may be worthy to join You and too, our beloved brothers in the Seven Skies above. Thank You, Oh Lord God.

In Nomine Patris, Amen.

Manfried’s head then rose, along with the Cardinals and all those present in the chamber. It was, hidden from the world that the Cardinals would elect the late Pontifex Maximus, Owyn III’s successor, and by God, they prayed that that man may be worthy.

y6mjAkkn1skg2He95e1h1dC7RyKUBGSuTbx8-wEvoJkDi2GJwKYW127V16Yiugf2iIgBu5a6NO8gcad1PSkL-n5MCOCwyTRiJBiSij9_yLaEivKMdHXUzQK_CZGosDMjmYFiAR8s

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

((This is a roleplay post and therefore, only to be commented upon by the four Cardinals present in the room and also,

any votes or comments made there only to be known by those four characters, unless they wish to reveal it. Thank you!))

Edited by GoldWolfGaming

Benedict Cardinal Jorenus seeks for unity and healing in the candidate that he casts his vote for as the Pontifical successor, "So help us God," he mutters, placing the ballot in the chalice.

After about an hour of prayer and contemplation, Cardinal St. Julia places his ballot in the chalice before him, "So help us God."

"Canondom does not need change or adaptation, it is only in the need of Adjustment." The Santegian Cardinal; Pelagius-Albarosa, would state as he begins to write his vote on a piece of Parchment, "If I-Pelagius of Savinia, am to be Pontiff.. my efforts will only be of beneficial action towards our Church. The Pontiff is to suffer in the name of his blessed flock, for the satisfaction of our Canonist Brethren, as of current-those olden days of utmost loyalty facing the positions elected by GOD seem to have transpired amongst the fields of the past. The Church must evolve to better encompass the current Political organizations of once feared Nations, just as one might fit themselves into a new shoe; for if the Canonist fire wishes to continue amongst the children of Horen, my vote is to be sent forth. If I am not elected.. so be it. If I am to be elected.. I have been given this position by GOD himself."

Cardinal Pelagius would then cast his vote at that, before enjoying perhaps his final sip of Hyspian Tequilla.

The Cardinals, after the votes were tallied, would soon begin to make their procession to the crowds which sat within the Basilica.