On the Princess Royal and the Baroness of Antioch

garentoft

NAF VE PRINZENAS ROYAL AG VE BOSSIRAS VAN ANTIOCH

On the Princess Royal and the Baroness of Antioch

KFzPnrEf4oGriQmwKeWxog2-xfcmVTXPzfWpbgXs82lDrOiGDizQbO2gyihNYAxVFpUdoIITuVgS2VEXVYIKKdKxe-d7JVxMvtRmwKFXCCh_Mc8iN-9mRQvmYCDO5aQS8z3Jyq7V

Issued on the 11th of Msitza and Dargund, 359 ES

INTRODUCTION

The titles of Princess Royal (Naumariav: Prinzenas Royal) and Baroness of Antioch (Naumariav: Bossiras van Antioch) are recent additions to the vocabulary of titular titles used by the Royal House of Barbanov, having been only used three times so far in the history of the Kingdom. Their existence and usage within the Royal Family can be traced back to Princess Analiesa Reza, the eldest daughter of Andrik IV’s triplets, who held both the titles. Since then, Nataliya Reza, the eldest daughter of Sigismund II, was styled as Princess Royal (she, however, was never styled as Baroness of Antioch) until she was disowned by Josef I. Lastly, Josef I’s daughter, Princess Katerina Ceciliya, currently holds both titles of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch.

As not much precedent is set on these titles, my dearest nephew, our Monarch Henrik II, has implored me to study what I can about these titles, in hopes of establishing a better precedent for them for the Royal House to use henceforth.

HISTORY AND CURRENT PRECEDENTS

The easiest to state in regards to these titles is that all of them have been held by the eldest daughters of the Monarch. Analiesa Reza, Nataliya Reza, and Katerina Ceciliya are all the eldest daughters of their respective parent monarchs, thus making it obvious that these titles are bestowed to the eldest daughters. This is further supported by the fact that the titles were not granted to Juliya Ipera, the second daughter of Sigismund II, when Nataliya Reza was disowned.

Furthermore, while Nataliya Reza was never granted the Barony of Antioch, there seems to be an obvious tie between being the eldest daughter and receiving this title, just as there is with the title of Princess Royal. Why Nataliya Reza never received it is unknown, though the likely reason is that Analiesa Reza was still alive and possessing the title upon her birth.

As Analiesa Reza died in 334 ES, and Nataliya Reza was disowned in 345 ES, neither title was held by anyone upon the birth of Katerina Ceciliya in 347 ES, which is assumedly why she received both titles upon her birth, and not just the one like Nataliya Reza had.

CONCLUSIONS

It occurs that both the title of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch are lifetime appointments, customarily granted to the eldest daughter of the Monarch. If precedent from the Baroness of Antioch, as well as all of the other customary titles, such as the Royal Dukedoms held by the Monarch’s son, is used, it would be so that these titles cannot be held by multiple people at once. Princess Royal, has however, been an exception to this rule, as Analiesa Reza and Nataliya Reza held it simultaneously, which is an inconsistency in comparison to all other customary royal titles. 

As it stands, we have never run out of Royal Dukedoms to use, and it will likely never be the case that this happens, though the hypothetical scenario of what would happen if we had no more would have to be taken into consideration, as it is prudent to the precedent I wish to set in regards to the Princess Royal and the Baroness of Antioch. While the Royal Dukedoms are usually granted on birth, there is nothing requiring nor stating that they be bestowed upon the Princes at birth. Therefore, it is my assumption that if no Royal Dukedoms were available for a Prince to receive upon birth, the Prince would be granted such title once one was made available due to the death of a previous holder.

I believe that this assumption, as well as everything else established, suggests that the Precedent for the Princess Royal and the Baroness of Antioch should be the following:

• That the titles of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch are granted at the discretion of the Monarch, and may be revoked at the discretion of the Monarch.

• That the titles of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch are held for life, and may not belong to two Princesses simultaneously.

• That the titles of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch, when not held by anyone, may be granted to the eldest daughter of the reigning Monarch.

• That the titles of Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch belong to no one by right, the eldest daughter is never entitled to be granted these titles.

This means that Katerina Ceciliya, our current Princess Royal and Baroness of Antioch, will likely hold these titles until her death. After her death, the reigning Monarch, whether it be Henrik II or his successor, may then grant these titles to their eldest daughter. If no eldest daughter exists, the titles simply go unused until one exists and is granted them.

IV JOVEO MAAN,

IV JOVEO EHR, 359 ES

His Highness, Prinzen Franz Leopold, Duke of Schattenburg.

His Royal Majesty, Henrik II, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Ulgaard, Lahy, Sorbesborg and Slesvik, Duke of Carnatia and Vidaus, Margrave of  Korstadt and Rothswald, Count of Chatnik, Nenzing, Graiswald, Karikhov, Baranya, Kvasz, Kavat, Karovia, Kovachgrad, Torun, Turov, Kaunas, Alban, Reza and Markev, Viscount of Grauspin, Baron of Thurant, Rytsburg, Venzia, Essenstadt, Krepost and Kralta, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera.

Katerina Ceciliya would read the missive, as her eyes fell upon her own name she chuckled before stating to herself;

"Oh look, I'm mentioned. How lovely!" she grinned

Maya of Muldav smiles the sun's smile from the seven skies as her ancestral barony title is made official tradition in the royal family.

Edited by Eryane

The first woman who wielded the illustrious Antioch title, Grand Princess Aleksandra I of Muldav grew contented by the legacy her successor and grand daughter, Maya of Muldav, set for the future princess royals of Hanseti-Ruska.

"May they honor it as I did, and as, too, their precessors have. Godan wills it so... Should they not, I'll have their disappointing tongues!"

"Glad to finally see some more respect being given to the Princesses of Hanseti-Ruska, shame that titles are niet given to all daughters as they are for the sons," grumbles the aging Princess Alexandria as she rubs her arthritic wrist.

Nataliya Reza smiled as she read her brothers document as he made mention of her predicament. The Former Princess royal then raised both brows in realization "Da- wait! what the F*ck! why didn't I get Baroness of Anitoch?!" she inquired perplexed as she brought the page closer to her visage once mroe before sighing." you'd think after raising three of my siblings you'd think I'd be given the title. . ." she muttered to herself in frustation" No matter! Josef was probably too busy suppressing everyone's rights. . . Thank Godan Franz and Aleks came out fine." Nataliya continued on with her paperwork.

Spoiler

heckauglymegauglywrongugly.jpg.9633979a5a5dd050beb1879179a500d6.jpg

Nataliyadohoonkabhankoloos.thumb.png.28da2d4ac0f971324182fee953a0bca7.png

fatbitch.png.a3f8167ed4b23e41d67496773161b865.png

f01c0eb5cd46ff79240ac722b9e2c8ca.png

Spoiler