Economy/ World Services Update

Hiebe

Just now, frankdh said:

what about quartz

What about it

5 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

There will be a limit to the size of the structures, this size limit is 50x50x50.

If we do not go down 50 blocks, is it added to the length/width?

Just now, AntonySkilled said:

If we do not go down 50 blocks, is it added to the length/width?

No, for my sake and the amount of builds that we are going to have to do (tech's sake) we have some limitation for the time being.

What about 50x50 regions 🤔

What about coal, we can't have oil, so let us have some way to power our smelters ;~;

Kind of wish we had this roadmap prior to map launch, else I wouldn't have chosen sand and clay for Druid capital improvements, since whatever market there might be for them is now significantly reduced by introducing more nodes to provide access. Had I known this was the case, I probably wouldn't have chosen clay and sand, and that's a pain in the ass frankly.

Why only 50x50x50? Other servers do more than this.

and .5 minas per block is pretty high, I think .2 per would be much fairer. On AH building blocks sell for much less than that anyways.

5 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

Kind of wish we had this roadmap prior to map launch, else I wouldn't have chosen sand and clay for Druid capital improvements, since whatever market there might be for them is now significantly reduced by introducing more nodes to provide access. Had I known this was the case, I probably wouldn't have chosen clay and sand, and that's a pain in the ass frankly.

I guess try and see if you could get those nodes swapped out for something else??? IDK. Regardless, I'm glad we'll be getting more clay nodes because right now y'all Druids are the only folks with clay and it's hard to get bricks as a result.

Honestly the economy team was wrong for even trying to have building materials access be something that requires investment into at the start of the map, seeing as current decisions have killed the viability of that. Building block scarcity is not something anybody asked for, and it should never have been a part of the economic plans for 8.0 from the beginning. Now we're stuck with a weird system that relies heavily on some building block scarcity to provide incentive for nation investment while also backing away on scarcity for most things at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Why only 50x50x50? Other servers do more than this.

and .5 minas per block is pretty high, I think .2 per would be much fairer. On AH building blocks sell for much less than that anyways.

I guess try and see if you could get those nodes swapped out for something else??? IDK. Regardless, I'm glad we'll be getting more clay nodes because right now y'all Druids are the only folks with clay and it's hard to get bricks as a result.

Honestly the economy team was wrong for even trying to have building materials access be something that requires investment into at the start of the map, seeing as current decisions have killed the viability of that. Building block scarcity is not something anybody asked for, and it should never have been a part of the economic plans for 8.0 from the beginning. Now we're stuck with a weird system that relies heavily on some building block scarcity to provide incentive for nation investment while also backing away on scarcity for most things at the same time. 

Since the beginning of the map the economy team has said that the system is always open to changes. We are always looking at ways to improve it and make the experience better for everyone.

Just now, SoulReapingWolf said:

Since the beginning of the map the economy team has said that the system is always open to changes. We are always looking at ways to improve it and make the experience better for everyone.

Ok, can we get LC/pasting similar to the norm on other roleplaying servers then? I'd consider that to be a pretty good improvement.

Have there be some sorta semi-attached build server with plots or something where folks can build whatever they want and get it pasted if they have land to paste it on. If you want, it could cost a small fee, but some servers have this as an entirely free service. Land from the main server can get pasted onto a plot if the settlement needs to conform to some sort of terrain in its build.

And for LC, if that is desired instead of pasting, just do what was done in previous LOTC but maybe see if more anti-exploit measures could be put in if possible. Vortex already kills a few of the potential exploits, I think, since blocks can't get broken down into ingots. While having fly available is nice and all, it's not quite LC.

Having good builds is good for the server. There is no reason to make it hard to do good building (which is probably why these natural tile improvements are getting added; they make building material scarcity less of a problem), and there is a good reason to promote good building and try to make server builds as good as possible. LC and pasting from a creative server are two methods for making builds better.

I guess you could argue that building in survival is somehow superior, but that's always been tied to more organic settlement growth which was a freebuild thing anyways. We don't have freebuild anymore and settlements grow as much through OOC management as dynamic RP, so pasting or LC is probably the way to go, because folks probably won't get to build their own home anyways 'cuz Belvitz and the whispering crossroads isn't a thing no more. Might as well have the house made for you by a builder look nicer.

49 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Ok, can we get LC/pasting similar to the norm on other roleplaying servers then? I'd consider that to be a pretty good improvement.

Have there be some sorta semi-attached build server with plots or something where folks can build whatever they want and get it pasted if they have land to paste it on. If you want, it could cost a small fee, but some servers have this as an entirely free service. Land from the main server can get pasted onto a plot if the settlement needs to conform to some sort of terrain in its build.

And for LC, if that is desired instead of pasting, just do what was done in previous LOTC but maybe see if more anti-exploit measures could be put in if possible. Vortex already kills a few of the potential exploits, I think, since blocks can't get broken down into ingots. While having fly available is nice and all, it's not quite LC.

Having good builds is good for the server. There is no reason to make it hard to do good building (which is probably why these natural tile improvements are getting added; they make building material scarcity less of a problem), and there is a good reason to promote good building and try to make server builds as good as possible. LC and pasting from a creative server are two methods for making builds better.

I guess you could argue that building in survival is somehow superior, but that's always been tied to more organic settlement growth which was a freebuild thing anyways. We don't have freebuild anymore and settlements grow as much through OOC management as dynamic RP, so pasting or LC is probably the way to go, because folks probably won't get to build their own home anyways 'cuz Belvitz and the whispering crossroads isn't a thing no more. Might as well have the house made for you by a builder look nicer.

This is a hold over till a proper LC plugin is made by Nickrocky. Atm he has ferries, vortex 1.0, and shop sell rewrite.

I figured this is at least something that people can use in the mean time. Im sorry it didnt meet your standards and your welcomed to not use it if you dont like it. Since day one of 8.0 I've been working with the economy team, admins, and techs to make things better. Things that looked good on paper didnt pan out so we adjusted, and adjusted, and adjusted again.

Its hard to give value to other blocks besides iron and diamonds. With vortex 1.0 and the adjustments coming with balancing mines and COAL we should find a nice middle ground.

Its .05 mina as well per block.

1 hour ago, Luciloo said:

This has been a very recent policy start up to hold us over till proper lc comes around.

@Luciloo might be worth pushing for some system where you can switch the improvement type as long as you already paid for it. To make it fair there could be some sort of cooldown on how often you can switch it. 

Just a thought but that could potentially help your situation.

+ There will probably be more people regretting their decisions later.

Not even in Times New Roman SMH