A Round of Short Story Updates

squakhawk

*smiles

🐝 doin’ the lord’s work, I can’t BEE-lieve it.

"Witnessing (or fabricating) a character's non-PK death and ruling the individual to be "Undead" when learning they have been revived is permitted."

Just clarifying. Most rules are things you can't do. But this says "is permitted." is that a typo and meant to say "is not permitted?"

1 minute ago, Burnsider said:

"Witnessing (or fabricating) a character's non-PK death and ruling the individual to be "Undead" when learning they have been revived is permitted."

Just clarifying. Most rules are things you can't do. But this says "is permitted." is that a typo and meant to say "is not permitted?"

It's been brought up more than a few times on the clarity of the rule. Due to how contested that rule may be sometimes, we wanted to throw in a clarification that something like that is indeed allowed given how it wasn't quite outlined before, and moreso just up to discretion of the current Moderation/Story team.

"Items! Items! More Items!" -a Goblin

ST making updates to server rules... My theory of them taking over the server is coming true... Admit it, green tags - You've been found out and your days are numbered!

Not the biggest fan on the call to specifically permit calling characters undead because monks revived them. I feel as though it could lead to the problems of everybody calling everybody else undead that made it controversial in past wars, due to its association with PK shaming and execution posts for characters who didn't PK.

Also no pipeweed REEEEEE. 0/10 worst story team ever. halflings will cancel you on twitter just like how we cancelled aardvarks.

Spoiler
  1. Witnessing (or fabricating) a character's non-PK death and ruling the individual to be "Undead" when learning they have been revived is permitted.

In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed. I've seen too often now during times of conflict on lotc people trying to force or peer pressure others by shaming them into a PK even when they abide by the rules. 

If the person IC cannot be aware that they died, and that they have no memory of it then why should other people be able to hold onto their prior corpse and wave it around in their face? It promotes poor role-play and OOC bullying and I think this should be looked at again because this is the sort of thing that Staff should be in place to prevent and not endorse.

It would honestly be better if death was final and there were no monks to revive someone because it removes the problem entirely. As a community we should really just pick one instead of just fence-sitting.

Edited by Tiresiam