New Player in need of some reassurance ,:)

Krøllebøllen

Hello everyone! So I just started playing LotC yesterday and already absolute love it here.
I am however very shy by nature and find it difficult to find the strength to start a rp with someone. 
My character is a halfling and therefore is expected to speak in a Scottish kinda way, and I don't know how to write like that! and then on top of that; do it fast.
It is an honour to be here and to be a part of this community.
I guess I just really am looking for some reassuring words to calm my nerves. And to plead you to bear with me!

Thank you, and I wish for you a great day or night or whatever! :D
- KrølleBøllen

Edit:
Thank you for all the sweet messages! It really helps a lot :))

Edited by Krøllebøllen
Just wanted to thank the peeps

Well for a general halfling accent, I wrote about it in my big ol' guide to the halfling race here:

don't worry too much about it. You can just type without an accent and nobody will care. You can also do /persona prefix ScotAccent or something and then type normally and people will understand what your accent is (fyi, it's /persona clear prefix in order to get rid of the prefix and go back to normal).

Nice to see another Overhill. Overhills are a fun family. Mooch is a cool person and a good family lead. I wish I could have my Applefoot family be like the Overhills.

Are you in the halfling discord yet? If not, here's a link: https://discord.gg/uXsA9wq

Also, nice halfling burrows in your profile background. I like it. Is that the zaypixel design or something? it seems a bit familiar.

Halfling accent isn't required at all, and we're a p chill community so it's fine if it takes you a minute to emote. As jumper said you can just write that your character has an accent but not actually write the accent itself, if that makes sense.

Good luck, hope to see you around o/

You'll get used to the accent, it just takes some time.

Also, I used to be super shy as well but honestly, LOTC helped me as a person become more outgoing and less-shy by nature. Just go for it, no one is gonna judge you. Halflings are super open and we will be glad to see someone new around :)

honestly dont worry about the accent too much, it comes naturally by being around other people writing with it and i promise nobodys gonna rag on you for not doing it. hope you'll stick around and give us little folk a chance :)

Nobody has to start with the accent or anything, and if you ever have any trouble understanding any of us feel free to say so in #looc or a private message!

You got this, the dancing pumpkin in my signature is here to help

Honestly, I didnt start out with an accent. Didnt start using one for a while, it sort of naturely integrated into my rp. Everyone has their own style and theres no right or wrong way to do it! You dont even have to have an accent at all, you could come from a colony of halflings that dont use accents. Who knows! Its up to you, and if anyone says anything to you, let us know. We'll get the shovels! 

2 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Well for a general halfling accent, I wrote about it in my big ol' guide to the halfling race here:

don't worry too much about it. You can just type without an accent and nobody will care. You can also do /persona prefix ScotAccent or something and then type normally and people will understand what your accent is (fyi, it's /persona clear prefix in order to get rid of the prefix and go back to normal).

Nice to see another Overhill. Overhills are a fun family. Mooch is a cool person and a good family lead. I wish I could have my Applefoot family be like the Overhills.

Are you in the halfling discord yet? If not, here's a link: https://discord.gg/uXsA9wq

Also, nice halfling burrows in your profile background. I like it. Is that the zaypixel design or something? it seems a bit familiar.

It is in fact Zaypixels design. I saw it and just couldn't resist, so I made a lot of them with different layouts! :D

Hi I’m a halfling player :)

Usually halflings have an Irish accent/specific English accents. 

Welcome to the server ❤️

@Bones_is a great writer of Scottish accents, too.