Blast your immersions into the stratosphere with this simple* guide

Hello kids, my name is CartographyKing and here's a map I did not make.

7b84a336aa44a45b9ee55aed73df8b73-png.jpg

I thought this was a pretty cool map to look at. Unfortunately for me that was the only thing it did, it's nice to look at but I would never navigate by it.

@Mordhaund recently pinged me in a threat how he liked my previous work and so I set out to put the dwarven map into minecraft, that's right kids.

I've done it

Read the full guide before you start the process because there's a caveat.

Here's what you need to do to navigate like a PRO

1) Download forge 1.15

https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.15.2.html

after you've installed that just run minecraft once and exit it again

then go on over to https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/journeymap/files/2894436 and download the latest Forge client version

navigate to your minecraft folder and drop the .jar file in your mods folder

(If you don't know how to do this just type %appdata% in your search bar, then click on the .minecraft folder)

Run minecraft again and log into LOTC, if everything is working you should see a minimap in the top right corner

log out once again and download this file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qL68souPf-9M7G4wCUsN2kl0MV71I3bG/view?usp=sharing

Go back to your minecraft folder and navigate to

Journeymap

data

mp

unzip topo.rar here

The name of the parent folder has to be the same as the name of your connection to LOTC on minecraft

so rename it if you have to.

be sure to keep the topo.rar file as a backup because there's a little bit of a problem.

Journeymap does not save the option to disable mapping, so if you restart minecraft and log back into LOTC it WILL START TO OVERWRITE this beautiful artwork.

I might make a submod to address this issue but for now the only workaround is to log into a different server, press J, and hit the disable mapping button

e51f1f9b981a89d0b72329693e36cd5e.png

(it's the one on the right)

If you're not seeing the proper map in your minimap, just hit the [ key a few times until it shows up.

Some more problems:

1) The map is off by a few pixels

This is because I basically slapped this whole project together in 1 afternoon as a proof of concept, the map is not scaled perfectly.

It's actually quite cool because all you get is a general idea of what is in the area, you don't get the full picture.

2) The map is not high quality

Well yeah that's what you get when you upscale a 3840 x 2160 image to 13370 x 8396

3) This guide is super unclear idk what you are saying

I have absolutely nothign to live for and I write like it

Anyway that's all I have for you today kids, let me know how it works out for you and if y'all like it I might develop the concept further.

And remember, if your immersion lasts for more than five hours contact a physician or a bandit.

CARTOGRAPHYKING IS BACK, BABY 😎

and he's carting ALL them graphs

I disabled journey map because for some reason it made chunks not visibly load from me, they were there and I could walk around but I could not see part it unless i refreshed textures a few times, otherwise I would use this.

12 minutes ago, Basil Moroul said:

I disabled journey map because for some reason it made chunks not visibly load from me, they were there and I could walk around but I could not see part it unless i refreshed textures a few times, otherwise I would use this.

Yeah that used to happen to me as well, it seems to be fixed in the latest version, but if it happens you can press F3 and A and that will reload all the chunks and fix them.