A Change of Seasons

squakhawk

s1SvZ3C43GNhNn8hSALKQKxkABaYYrTxaIKn_zv7

1st of Grand Harvest, 11 SA

QbYa1Mk-eGAgVy88KlByv-K04aEaxiOhNQzplGNz

It has been nearly fifty years - ever since what I once knew as my only brother, had died. The winters were cold that year. 1751. The Uradir Manor was occupied by the then-paladin Laraethryn's who had long fled to live under Mankind's benevolent fist. The Silver City was beautiful that winter. It snowed, I remember my hollow shell of a 'manor' was frigid without the hearth. What a terrible place. I remember the loneliness was so crippling I bound with the two Telperions to make a coherent home to live in. The manor was pitiful, anyway. What a terrible recurring theme. Regardless - The Diarchy shortly thereafter sought to annihilate the bloodline. Threatening death of Talonnii status and declaring myself 'ata because I had not been bred despite being halfway through my expected fertility. 

What a poor time. I was but a meek writer then. I wrote a dozen poems, sonnets, and tomes but about how miserable everything was, myself included. I consorted with unsavory individuals to keep myself fine, Nelgauth prescribing me Javen's along with each therapy session. I recall daily ingesting so much with my drink, even though it is supposed to be tasteless- I grew accustomed to knowing it. I took far too much because of the days I would spend between sleeping. Yet, I would still spend most of them laying in bed. Laurir. How undeserving I was. A pathetic thing that refused food, could not sleep, and had nearly gotten herself killed a dozen times. I kept my doors unlocked at night hoping someone would break in, but for the company. I allowed people in my home to hope they would stay, as so few of my blooded kin had done before. Back then it was but a missing Silvyr. A dead Kalenz and Silir. A declared-impure Durion'ata and dead Renarion Uradir. My Maln and Haelun long missing, presumed dead at least - raising me as but cattle to give to another family. Just as my mother of Maeyr'onn. 

I don't quite know when things changed from winter to spring. I don't think there was an exact date. There never is, but there is always that day you notice. When you step outside your door and realise that the leaves are growing again. Birds singing. The Diarchy seemed to have a change of mind. I was to be made Okarir'tayna - a social role for an antisocial 'thill. How well I did in that role must have spent my lifetime in luck. I believe I took up craftswomanship then. We were granted the farms from the craven which had left it sacked and I rebuilt it from the ground up. A smithy, a bathhouse, a vineyard, the fields revitalized and fertile, the manor expanded and secure. I even had a lab where I'd invented Elcihi's first cannons. I took up drinking to a embarrassing extent, yet, we all have our vices. I was far less familiar with those apparitions I saw day-by-day and more with those of Elcihi. Too many times did I take niceties for attempts at courtship, then. How fond. I began to trace lineages. I did everything, I could. Even Silvyr had returned. The library within Elcihi was raided for every reference of the word. When we went to Athera with my beloved Kinahen, I raided the silver-city of any evidence and document of my good family. I asked the lonesome guide of my controversial cousin Kalenz. I saw much of the family come to life - even in death. Grim'aeldus Uradir, Eredas Uradir, Esil Uradir. Three males, though their lineages had left Athera. Knowing now, the names - I traced and found those scratched-off last names to 'thill arriving in Elcihi, to olden birth records. Muriel was not some no-name, he was but an Uradir of Perais. Resiheiuh and Celiasil of Esil and Iylohn Aeleyelsa. Finnadh of Eredas. With a great summons our family was realized. The manor was full, overfull infact- With the crafts I'd built I'd quickly accrued more money than I could spen in ten full lifetimes. We'd a few maidens to keep to the cleanliness of our home, to make the food and set the table. Nuala had eventually revealed herself an Uradir. Kolvar, Talar'siol, Luxiana. Our family had life breathed into it oncemore - despite the change in government, Uradir quickly had come to make up the majority of the cabinet of The Republic- stagnant as it quickly became, my family remains the reason the city had survived in that troubled time. 

The long summer came, and in that time we thrived. I had earned deep respect within Oren, became a proficient magi and earned connections with every government's internal workings. Talar'siol fought and perished against those damned-demons which had invaded our very city. Yet our family flourished in the warm bask of summer. Nuala bore three children. Muriel took a wife - two, eventually. Silvyr a wife aswell, Celiasil, after some time too. All bearing plentiful and lovely children. The summer was the longest in time - twenty some, years perhaps. I believe I was at my height then. Atop of a family I had built, using the land I had worked, using the weapons, drinking the wine, that I had made - utilizing the magic and inventions I had taught. Perhaps I lived in splendor far too long. But I recall little from then. Other than that I was proud. 

Then eventually came fall. As with anything, all things do-fall. Nuala was declared and rendered impure, to which she still is - her children I'd managed to scrape by and steal from their absent mother. I'd only wish Ithia would visit more. Muriel had vanished, aswell as Aurelia- causing distance with Celiasil. Those under the withered republic began to punish and push down Uradir until they held few ties to council. Heavy scrutiny by elMaheral Sullas and his few below. It lasted through the invasion and unto Almaris- though personal glories and achievement were gained, many children born - we were fading. Upon our landing did most Uradir spread. Haelun'or grown withered like dead flowers. A rotting animal left within the wind and rain. It is then when winter came oncemore for The Uradir Talonnii.

The final winter of mine has been long and too recent. All relatives leaving, wisely as most had done to Elcihi under the republic. Even with a transfership of government was it tentative did my good brother, his wife, and children return.

It is with pride I say that my family is all still living. It is still the family I had built. Wealthy, renowned - sure. I care most about the happiness and well-being of my relatives. Despite her tortured childhood, Ithia is still my favoured daughter. Despite her twice-assaults, Amarie is still healthy and spry. Despite the absence of his wife, Celiasil is still beloved. All of my family, is still beloved. And I shall miss them so. I shall not let this winter last, despite how it may seem the eternal-summer I dreamt it to be. I have done my duty to family. I have done my silver service. I love all of those who I had seen return and leave, and am beyond happy that they still yet-live peaceful and perfect lives that I had part in building. 

It is thusly that I declare myself no longer Laurir of Uradir. I shall hopefully watch the seasons change from Winter to Spring oncemore as Silvyr Uradir takes head of the family. I would sooner rather perish than find his leadership a deeper cold than even my winter. I understand - how the decision may be rash, or worrisome, beloved family of mine. But do trust - I shall always be an Uradir, and shall never die. In body or spirit, I will be there to see those of my blood and kin succeed in all areas where I have not. 

Ceru'onn Thilln

the_witch.png

Spoiler

maybe (probably not) shelving Anethra for a bit while I try and figure out what I want to do on the server except being an epic ST. She's come a hell of a long way character-development wise and its genuinely incredible what an amazing group of people I've met throughout the course of being this family's head. Kalehart, Keldrith, Faerie, Deer, Eli, Belle, Johann, Shady, Rwko, Princeton, Luxy, Iverach, Gemmie, Fie, Zacclay, Astralwatcher, Radzig, Hephaestus, Peach, and Slug - Though I knew some of you before the family, it is with this family's bloom in early 2020 that I did come to truly meet you all, and as time progressed, knew you. Though with a lot of you I do still hang out with (and look forward to!), it's a shame that some of you had come and gone. I'm just glad that we got to RP and had a good time together, brief or long. 

keldrith if you **** this up im making sure you commit suicide this time like you're supposed to when you're put on the path to purity, again 

unknown.png

Othelu Orrar penned his reply. He did so in black ink on crisp white paper, and sealed it in silver wax bearing the sigil of Haelun'or.

"It is good to see the magnanimity of the High Elves rearing its head in Haelun'or once again, with those who hold privilege parting in due course when those who can exercise that privilege to greater betterment of the state rear their heads. My congratulations and deep thanks to you, Anethra Uradir. Not only for being a graceful and benevolent laurir of the noble house of Uradir, but also for being among those who embody Larihei's blessed vision of our state and our people. May your actions today serve as an example to your current and future kin. So long as you walk the path, the doors of Haelun'or will be forever open to you.

Walk forever in Larihei's shadow,

Othelu Orrar, Sohaer of Haelun'or"

In her apartment in Haelun'or, the newly returned Laurir would read over the letter, a deep frown on her face as her eyes flicked across the parchment. "The blessed Mali'thill have always been a strong breed and will continue to do so. Let it be known that Anethra Uradir was one of the strongest. Rest well llir, the rest is worth it." She commented to no one in particular. With a huff, she would crumple the letter up, tossing it into the kiln beside her workstation, pulling out yet another bottle of ingredients to an alchemic oil, a content smile on her pale face. 

As these rather boresome news traveled to the knowledge of Nuala, the sister of Anethra her face was nothing but unhinged. The Uradir looked at her husband, Delos Telperion whom she was spending the last few years with. Filarion and Fiola, two of the three children whom Nuala has given birth to.

"Apparently Anethra is claiming to have taken my children?" Nuala idly commented to Delos, who was having picnic within the deep mountains with Evelon, Fiola & Filarion.

"Oh, is she now? Your sister truly has finally lost it. Well, I was never too fond of her" Said the husband of Nuala Telperion, Delos Telperion.

"Indeed she is.- She is still claiming I was rendered impure which has been concluded false even by Malaurir Ikur" Nuala finally let out a laugh, it was clear the elf found this nothing but humoring. 

"Ithia I however miss deeply, she is an adult now; I can not force her to come see me." The Mother said, quickly offering something that could be seen as sadness. 

"Maln! Haelun!" Yelled the twins "When are we returning to Haelun'or?" Fiola and Filarion were amused  by the idea, a place we all once called home.

"Mayhaps when things have settled.- However, once your education has finished here we may consider. If it is safe" Delos answered, Nuala agreeing.

"However, Lari'onn.- Make no false claims of my purity nor my capabilities as a mother. You have offered the family no children. For a while it was I alone who kept the Uradir lineage not only pure by blood but alive." Nuala of Uradir concluded to herself, returning to her children and her husband.